Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by P72Ford View Post
    I can't get mine to shift above 3700...
    It could be worse. My P72 wouldn't shift over 3k stock. Perhaps the TV rod was a little out of adjustment?

Comment

Here's the way I occupied myself this afternoon since I've got the engine all torn apart and no parts to put it back together with. These are fender-mounted turn signal indicators off of a '79 Dodge Diplomat. I always thought these things were really nifty and wanted to put 'em on my Crown Vic. Just finally got a chance to do it this afternoon, and I think they came out looking pretty nice. Comments, positive or negative, are welcome.

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
      1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
      But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

I like the indicators. I am also glad that a dropped valve is an easy fix for you. For me, I would have freaked if that happened to me. Though I woulda used that as an excuse to build another engine. Perhaps the T5 swap will save you on gas mileage; and it is cool to have a stick behind a V8.

Packman

Comment

That's pretty different nate. I'm assuming you got those from parts Diplomat That's rusty

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
          302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
          k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Originally posted by packman View Post
            I like the indicators. I am also glad that a dropped valve is an easy fix for you. For me, I would have freaked if that happened to me. Though I woulda used that as an excuse to build another engine. Perhaps the T5 swap will save you on gas mileage; and it is cool to have a stick behind a V8.

Packman
            I've thought about building a new engine for it, but I'm just not sure I can afford to do that right now...we'll see.

Gabe--yep, that's the one.

But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Originally posted by packman View Post
              and it is cool to have a stick behind a V8
              hell yeah it is

So Nate is was a dropped valve? Are you gonna fix it or sell the Vic or what?
              88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
              Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

Check my "Well, crap" thread in OTB.

Comment

Nathan, was your car sprayed in a different color, or am I seeing some funky Ford primer? I have some orange/red stuff under my paint. It sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan in MN View Post
                    These are fender-mounted turn signal indicators off of a '79 Dodge Diplomat. I always thought these things were really nifty and wanted to put 'em on my Crown Vic. Just finally got a chance to do it this afternoon, and I think they came out looking pretty nice. Comments, positive or negative, are welcome.
                    I think I'd have moved this a bit further down, pretty much right behind the header panel, you may wanna take a few side shots to show us how it looks from that angle?

Comment

Originally posted by torquelover View Post
                      Nathan, was your car sprayed in a different color, or am I seeing some funky Ford primer? I have some orange/red stuff under my paint. It sucks.
                      My car is three different colors. The bottom is the factory color (dark blue), the middle is the baby blue color that it was painted when it was in service as a police car, and then on top is the bluish-grayish color that it's painted now.

Originally posted by MeLikeyStripperChicks
                      I think I'd have moved this a bit further down, pretty much right behind the header panel, you may wanna take a few side shots to show us how it looks from that angle?
                      I can do that. I basically mounted them at the same spot that they were mounted on the Diplomat.

Originally posted by 1987cp
                      Hey, $50 will buy you at least three cases of beer to drink with your lady friends ........
                      Originally posted by MeLikeyStripperChicks
                      Yeah, but his lady friends don't drink beer... which is alright, cause if they did he'd have to feed them a shitload of beer to get them to the state of (lack of) sobriety he wants them in, and at that point they wouldn't be good for much of anything
                      Originally posted by 1987cp
                      Or they could be like my wife, who really likes some wines but seriously hates nearly all beers. Oddly, I think Guinness Extra Stout is the readily-available beer she dislikes the least, which is funny because I only really enjoy the first few sips before I start hunting for a beef roast to put it on. Which reminds me, I wanted to get some Great Divide Raspberry for this weekend .....
                      Darn it, you two, quit boozing up my thread!

Comment

teh mopar look......u puttin led's in them?

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                        2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                        1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                        1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                        2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                        1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

I may do that eventually, but for now they've just got wedge-base incandescents in them because it was what I had available.

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan in MN View Post
                            My car is three different colors. The bottom is the factory color (dark blue), the middle is the baby blue color that it was painted when it was in service as a police car, and then on top is the bluish-grayish color that it's painted now.
                            lol, still have a while till you reach my level - black lower 1/3 of the doors and quarter panels, light Huron blue rear speaker deck and hood sides and scoop and middle 1/3 of doors and quarter panels, baby blue trunk lid and top 1/3 of doors and quarter panels, midnight blue for the vinyl parts on the B-pilars, and white for the header panel and center section of the hood

I can do that. I basically mounted them at the same spot that they were mounted on the Diplomat.
                            I think if you move them a bit forward of where they are now it'll look better. Are they bolted down, or double-side taped?

Comment

Originally posted by MeLikeyStripperChicks View Post
                              I think if you move them a bit forward of where they are now it'll look better. Are they bolted down, or double-side taped?
                              They're bolted down, so there's no moving 'em now since I'd rather not drill any more holes in my fenders. lol

Oh, and I'm highly offended that you would think I might attach something to the outside of my car with tape. I am no ricer, sir. :p

Comment

Glad to see you got the problem with the engine fixed, and are letting the Beast live on.

Comment

Working...
                                X