Nathan's 1989 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nathan in MN View Post
    Oh, and I'm highly offended that you would think I might attach something to the outside of my car with tape. I am no ricer, sir. :p
    Well if you're doing something like that for the first time, it would make sense to attach the pieces in a less permanent manner, so you ain't all screwed if you decide to move 'em around a bit... but okay, I see how drilling is more fun :p

Comment

They're bolted down, so there's no moving 'em now since I'd rather not drill any more holes in my fenders. lol
      Meh ... I'm sure you can think of some use for the extra pair of holes ........
      2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Here's the way I occupied myself this afternoon since I've got the engine all torn apart and no parts to put it back together with. These are fender-mounted turn signal indicators off of a '79 Dodge Diplomat. I always thought these things were really nifty and wanted to put 'em on my Crown Vic. Just finally got a chance to do it this afternoon, and I think they came out looking pretty nice. Comments, positive or negative, are welcome.

A blast from my past, the first car I grew up in was a 1979 Dodge Diplomat. They look good

Comment

There's a Fury III convertible abandoned down near my dad's shop; I noticed it has similar indicators on it, but they have smooth covers.
          **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
          **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
          **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
          **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Straight-piped:

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
            1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
            But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

sounds mean i like.
              ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
              My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
              My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
              But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
              my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Is that how you currently have it, with just headers downpipes and the H-pipe?
                88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
                Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

No H-pipe. Just the downpipes.

But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

I got this thing running again over Thanksgiving vacation since I was home. It was the first time it had been running since March of this year. It's got gas in it that's been there since May of 2008, so I was trying to run some of that out of it. The battery terminals were also so rotten that one of them wouldn't even tighten down on the battery, and yet it still started right up after a bit of cranking to get it primed. Ran beautifully as ever.

After I graduate from college, I'm sorta kinda almost maybe thinking a little bit about dragging the thing back out here to Michigan and fixing it up, and finishing the project, supposing that there is such a thing as a finished project.

Body's getting really rusty, but it still appears to be fairly sound structurally. I didn't get under it to see if it's developed any more frame holes, or if that one that was there has gotten any bigger, but I'm guessing it should still be manageable.

We shall see.

Comment

Perhaps you can find a box with a nice body and swap over the engine and the other mods that you've done. Build yourself a nice weekend cruiser for the summer months.

Packman

Comment

I know, he needs a wagon! :banana:
                        2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Just figured I'd better finish this thread. This car is resting in peace now. Gave it to my cousin who's building a Model A street rod and needed an engine, so the 351 will live on in a much more interesting form. I had him save the cop-specific goodies off of it, so all that was really lost was a rusty, clapped out shell.

Comment

May she R.I.P.

Comment

Did you save the seat tracks?
                              ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                              My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                              My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                              But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                              my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Model A street rod; with a Ford engine in it to boot. You gotta post pics; you can't tease us like that!

Packman

Comment

Working...
                                X