Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hokay, so....

Here's the before pic...

and here's after i re-painted the bumper, the trim, and the grill.......

= much more awesome!!!

-ryan s.
    08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
    03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
    97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
    94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
    73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
    12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
    Originally posted by pantera77
    Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

I've also been toying with the idea of blacking out the grill on my '93.
      '79 Continental Town Car
      '90 Crown Victoria LTD
      '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

LET THE FAIL COMMENCE..........

Um, remember that left rear brake problem i had????

This is what's left of the rotor. The wrench in the pic is 10mm.

03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
        97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--

Comment

Originally posted by 88Vic View Post
          Looks a million times better. Is that box looking thing the muffler? I've never seen one that looks like that, goofy. And why do the tailpipes have to be bent so drastically? What gets in the way back there so the have to be bent like that?
          Here's what gets in the way....

03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

At least it was the rear brakes. The front driver's side rotor on my old Malibu split in half. I had done half a dozen brake pad replacements, but I never checked the rotor; which was the original. Then it split in half after leaving for school one day. I guess I should have figured it out by the pulsating brake pedal. Now I know better LOL.

Packman

Comment

Maybe i'm looking at the pic wrong or it could be the angle, but it looks like the pipe is bent like that to clear the brake line, is that it?
              88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
              Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

It's bent to clear..... the upper control arm, the axle, the fuel line from the tank.
                That is the emergency brake cable. I had to re-route that in front of the pipe because before it was behind the pipe and the pipe wouldn't go back enough.
                03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

So there's a 01 CVPI in the jyard right now.
                  I'm working on getting the heads and the driveshaft. I have a longer tailshaft housing to go with it.
                  I looked on the door for the axle code: R
                  Lock- 3.45.
                  totally fuckin worth it. soon.
                  03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

go for it, i need to do the rear axle swap too. 2.73's and one wheel peel suck out loud, lol.
                    sigpic2004 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
                    07 P71 dual exhaust h pipe cat back with 24" glass packs Pioneer DEH-P6000UB HU Infinity 2 way 6x8's, Oz Audio 5x7 2 ways, Fultron Tweets, Infinity 1211a and Alpine type R 12"
                    1999 vw bug work beater

Comment

so, my odometer stopped working on thursday. That really upsets me because i love putting mileage on my car and i need it for maintenance as well. So, heading to the junkyard sometime after wednesday to get a new cluster and see if i can A) get a 140 speedo and replace it or B) get a cluster and change the gears to my cluster.

I'm also going to try and score an aluminum driveshaft. I realized that i still have the other Marauder transmission and i can use the output shaft and housing from that one on my AODE. Then, all i have to do is swap the speedo gear and ring and i should be set. I hope.
                      03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

Out of curiosity, what junkyard do you usually go to?
                        2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                        2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                        2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                        1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

M&M on William street. I'm gonna try Skyway and the new yard, LKQ on Higgens st.
                          All of them are in Buffalo.
                          03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

Originally posted by SVT98t View Post
                            M&M on William street. I'm gonna try Skyway and the new yard, LKQ on Higgens st.
                            All of them are in Buffalo.
                            M&M FTW! I go used to go there on nearly a weekly basis. LKQ's nice as well. Everything is organized by manufacturer, and everything is sitting nice on welded rims. They only had about 5 panthers last time I went though, but they were all aeros.
                            2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                            2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                            2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                            1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

skyway is on tiffy street. I know auto city of buffalo in off military road. also I know of 3 yards off ransom road in lancaster. the only m&m I know of is in olean off 219 an I 86
                              Last edited by gabegt90; 12-08-2009, 08:57 PM.

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
                              302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
                              k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

The junkyard run has been moved to either thursday or friday to the impending doom weather system that is headed this way.
                                I now need:
                                -aluminum driveshaft
                                -analog gauge cluster
                                -locking differential and diff cover from a CVPI.
                                word.
                                03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

Working...
                                X