X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brown_Muscle
    replied
    Originally posted by Mainemantom View Post
    You should not wash it for at least 2-3 weeks in warm weather. 4 weeks in cold weather. Absolutely no car washes !
    Oh yeah I read about this! And no waxing/sealing for 2 months (according to the clear coat manufacturer)

Leave a comment:

• Mainemantom
    replied
    You should not wash it for at least 2-3 weeks in warm weather. 4 weeks in cold weather. Absolutely no car washes !

Leave a comment:

• packman
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Brown_Muscle
    replied
    Thanks all! Once I get all the NOS goodies on I’ll take some glamour shots.

that’s good to know Dave.

He actually put it out in the sun the day after shooting it.

BTW this is Logan aka bobcat on here. He has a shop in CT. Highly recommend him! Tanasi Built

Leave a comment:

• gadget73
    replied
    Looks good. John showed me some video of that being shot when I saw him yesterday

Leave a comment:

• sly
    replied
    That paint looks sweet.

Leave a comment:

• Tiggie
    replied
    Looking good. Two weeks should be fine. Won't hurt to let it sit in the sun for a day or so if your painter says it's okay. Curing too slow is hard to do within reason. Too fast is possible though, and then you get all these solvent bubbles stuck under the clear.

Leave a comment:

• 87gtVIC
    replied
    I had to put mirrors on the next day to get the car back home from the paint shop. Id say you should be a okay given your timeline.

Leave a comment:

• Brown_Muscle
    replied
    It's actually spaced like that on purpose so the paint didnt "gap" the line. None of the panels have been through final alignment (that's my job). I got it VERY tight and straight before it got taken apart with a bunch of slotting, shimming, and trimming edges.

David how long did you wait? It'll be at least 2 weeks after paint before i can get up there to touch it

Leave a comment:

• 87gtVIC
    replied
    Paint is gonna look awesome. Don’t rush anything phil. Take your time. That’s one thing I wish I did when I assembled mine was wait a bit more before bolting on hard parts and trim.

So cool!

Leave a comment:

• DerekTheGreat
    replied
    Oh wow, really pretty. Hope they do what they can with that header panel gap.

Leave a comment:

• friskyfrankie
    replied
    Originally posted by Brown_Muscle View Post
    A bit of a teaser pic, she's almost done! I'll get a better picture of it in the light when I go up for final assembly, the color is a lot nicer in person. The booth lights don't make all the colors pop.

Looks like the Dark Clove Metallic from the 80's Grand Marquis and CV's!

Leave a comment:

• Brown_Muscle
    replied
    A bit of a teaser pic, she's almost done! I'll get a better picture of it in the light when I go up for final assembly, the color is a lot nicer in person. The booth lights don't make all the colors pop.

Leave a comment:

• clutch47
    replied
    That's going to be really sharp.

Leave a comment:

• Brown_Muscle
    replied
    No, his is a lighter brown "Hot Chocolate", also a BMW/Mini color

Leave a comment:

Working...
X