X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

diesel dually

here it is, in all its glory:

And a few engine pics:

Tis rusty, but cab is solid, heat is great, engine purrs like a kitten, and truck moves surprisingly well for something of that size and is very pleasant to drive.

I love it.
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

What a beast
      sigpicVic Videos Here http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...676#post243676
      Vic's Reader's Rides Page http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=16917
      Vic's Cardomain page http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2532949
      1975 Chevy C-10 Cardomain http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3371894

Comment

Now thats a truck not afraid of work.

Comment

Tom, thanks

Zach, that ain't nothing, I was actually looking for a crew-cab dually but I couldn't find one in good working order so I settled for that instead, I'm fairly happy with it.

MeanVic, yeah, it was farm vehicle for most of its life, but oh well, it does the job for now.

Comment

oh, and here's a photochop of what it may look like if I go crazy with the I-beams:
            Last edited by Guest; 02-05-2010, 04:53 AM.

Comment

nice plan on towing something soon ivan lol

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
              302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
              k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Ditch the bed for a diamond plate flat bed and you'll be all set!
                Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

Originally posted by gabegt90 View Post
                  nice plan on towing something soon ivan lol
                  Yes, trailers for friends every now and then. I was planning on using it for towing my car and bike and the rest of my shit down south too, but I can use the KW for that, and since I gotta bring that one with me too, no point in making gazillion trips - all my crap in the car and truck and some bigass storage bins, then bike and car and truck and bins on a flat trailer, then KW under front of trailer, off we go

Originally posted by p71towny View Post
                  Ditch the bed for a diamond plate flat bed and you'll be all set!
                  Uhm, no - WTF am I gonna need a flatbed for? I don't do any commercial work, nor am I gonna haul cars or anything - I'd have gotten a flatbed if I could actually use it for something, but having a bed and a nice big cap sure makes a difference when heading out for the weekend - just throw my shit inside and take off, no need to secure and cover things. Oh yeah, it will make for a perfect garage for my bike as well

Comment

Originally posted by MeLikeyStripperChicks View Post
                    having a bed and a nice big cap sure makes a difference when heading out for the weekend - just throw my shit inside and take off, no need to secure and cover things
                    that's why i want to find a cheap cover for my truck; so when i haul junk from the house, scrap metal, yard waste and other various things that i won't have to worry about stuff flying out and hitting other cars

when i haul stuff now i have to put all the light stuff in first and put the heavy stuff on top to make sure the light stuff doesn't fly out
                    88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
                    Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

Oh yeah, people do that shit all the time here, throw their crap in the bed and don't even slam the tailgate all closed. If you're only hauling stuff tho, why don't you just get a thick tarp and some rope or heavy-duty rubber straps with hooks, that oughta keep shit from being blown away. Also keep in mind that a cap while handy to have also fucks real good with your aerodynamics, if you've ever driven through a snow storm behind a truck with a big cap like mine you've probably seen all the turbulence that thing creates behind it, I probably don't feel it much as I'm usually cruising at my max torque speed (1800rpms, 55mph in OD with converter locked), but for a smaller gas engine like yours it may make a difference in fuel economy. Last and not least, some trucks look good with caps, and some don't, this dually looks pretty damn good with the cap, but your truck won't pull it off well, me thinks, besides it kinda makes tailgating (hanging out, not following people to close) a bit hard

Comment

Nice truck! Looks pretty tough, for sure. Is camber adjustable on the twin-I beam IFS?

Comment

It definitely looks like a solid truck; should prove to be very reliable.

I'm not really a fan of the twin I beam setup on those trucks; but it can be lived with. It looks like a clean version of our '87 F350 dump truck (super rusty), also 2WD. Our F350 is a 460 gas though, with the C6. I wish it were a diesel/ manual trans though.

Just going to run this as the DD, or are there big plans for it?
                          **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                          **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                          **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                          **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

I'm Jealous, I'd love a truck like that, but Diesel is 4.25 a gallon here at the moment.
                            1987 LTD CROWN VICTORIA, 5.0 EFI, MAGNAFLOW DUAL EXH, RED LANDAU
                            FRESH AOD, 3.27 OPEN DIFF, 57K MILES, B&M SHIFT KIT AND R134A A/C

Comment

no lowering please.....pita getting a lowered truck on a lift hehe

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                              2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                              1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                              1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                              2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                              1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Working...
                              X