My 1979 Lincoln Town Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

more parts

I'm planning to pick-up the set of front doors tomorrow. Joe's on his way back from Florida. Don't worry, I'll take pics of the loot!
    '79 Continental Town Car
    '90 Crown Victoria LTD
    '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

nice!

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
      2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
      1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
      1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
      2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
      1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

There were a couple of set-backs, so I won't be getting the doors until Thursday evening.
        '79 Continental Town Car
        '90 Crown Victoria LTD
        '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

up-date: more parts

I brought the front doors home tonight. I'll have time this weekend to take a few pics.
          '79 Continental Town Car
          '90 Crown Victoria LTD
          '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

door pics

Here's the set of front doors I got thanks to Joe. These came of a '77 TC. Copper with orange door panels. The tan door panels from my Lincoln will be swapped over after paint.
            Attached Files
            '79 Continental Town Car
            '90 Crown Victoria LTD
            '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

door pics

These doors are very heavy! It's best to have help when moving them around. Kevin gave me a hand moving them into storage.
              Attached Files
              '79 Continental Town Car
              '90 Crown Victoria LTD
              '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Cool! I'm really looking forward to seeing progress on this ocean liner
                sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Nice!
                  ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                  My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                  My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                  But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                  my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

restoration work

I'll be taking my Lincoln to Paul Taylor next week, so he can get the rear doors painted and installed. I'm gonna stick with the current front doors though, as they are still solid. The front doors I bought will remain in storage for now.

The shop's website:

'79 Continental Town Car
                    '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                    '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Complete repaint not in the cards this year?

That place looks to do good work.
                      ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

complete repaint

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                        Complete repaint not in the cards this year?

That place looks to do good work.
                        If I can sell my Grand Marquis, I'll have more $ to play with...After the doors are painted, I'll decide which section Paul should tackle next. Header panel, hood, roof (just before the vynal) and trunk all need paint. The sides of the car aren't too bad really, especially after a good wash/wax treatment.
                        '79 Continental Town Car
                        '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                        '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

my day was going well until...

After I bought gas today, the '79 wouldn't start! The original solenoid didn't look the best. A replacement was scored from Canadian Tire for $9.99...After that the car still wouldn't start Kevin tried boosting the car with his '83 Lincoln. Still nothing! The battery seems to work (only 2 years old) and there is power to the accessories. We assume that the starter or alternator is the culprit. I had to call a flat-bed to come get the old gal. It's now at the shop I deal with, just 10 minutes away from the ESSO where the car died.

If you have any comments or suggestions about the problem, please chime in!
                          '79 Continental Town Car
                          '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                          '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Hope it is nothing major.
                            ~David~

Comment

I don't know where such a help thread could go since it's not a windsor, but....i would suspect the starter if you couldn't even jump it at the solenoid

got a multimeter? if everything is powering, what happens when you try to turn it over?
                              sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Originally posted by 1990LTD View Post
                                I don't know where such a help thread could go since it's not a windsor, but....i would suspect the starter if you couldn't even jump it at the solenoid

got a multimeter? if everything is powering, what happens when you try to turn it over?
                                After turning the key, the alt and seat belt light come on as usual. When turning it further to start, absolutely nothing happens.
                                '79 Continental Town Car
                                '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                                '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Working...
                                X