No announcement yet.

My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is no longer the brown blob. Hence forth I dub thee......

Click image for larger version

Name:	Chocolate_Thunder.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	31.9 KB
ID:	1277740
    Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

He could have been going by that ever since he put the exhaust on it. That car sounds awesome too.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I second "Chocolate Thunder"

That's what I'm referring to it as, as of now.

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
        The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
        It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

lol I made a video...

~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

Just placed an order for new hub assemblies. Drivers side started making noises. Passengers side likely to start. Picked up two from Rock Auto. Moogs on the way to save my ride. No idea the mileage on the existing ones. They sounded fine when I upgraded to the big brakes...oh yeah I used the existing hubs on the spindles Ivan and myself pulled many years back from a junked 98 Townie.

Yesterday I touched up the blackout treatment on the grille and headlight bezels as well as went around the car with my touch up paint. After that I polished out the bumpers with some neverdull...Looks the same. lol

Buddahs thread made me realize I was missing a bracket tying in the drivers side fender (ditch light area) to the radiator Core Support. I pulled one years back from a town car and tried to install that only to find out it was too long. So I shortened it and made it the right size! I painted it up and I am letting the paint cure good before I install it.

Surprisingly I had to drill out a hole for the bracket to attach to the fender. No hole was present like the 88 and up model cars not used it or something (fender is from an 88-91 car).
              Last edited by 87gtVIC; 06-15-2015, 04:51 PM.
              ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I think I'm still rocking the original junkyard pull hub bearings on my car too. I bought one because I thought one was going bad, but it was a different problem. I've had that replacement hanging around for probably 3 years at least now. Those hubs came off a taxi in 2007, one at least had been replaced but the other I have no idea about.
                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Needs more pedals.

Chocolate Thunder needs more pedals.

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
                  The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
                  It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Its slowly on the works. New engine will come first with some AOD upgrades then the extra gear and pedals.
                    ~David~

Comment

Replaced the drivers and passengers side wheel bearings/hubs this morning and made a quick video about it.

~David~

Comment

Wow. Nasty bearings.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

yeah, that was dinked. Did you replace the nut? Officially you are supposed to, but I don't know that anyone does. I didn't.
                          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Reused the stock nut.
                            ~David~

Comment

Been a long time since I cruised the CV. Hopefully by the end of the summer, that will change.

Packman

Comment

Took her out to Mill Road again. Much fun. First pass got stuck behind an econobox so I split up the videos. Second video has no slow downs. Recommened to watch on your computer.

~David~

Comment

Working...
                                X