Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know what water pumps are good?

Bosch ones.

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
    The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
    It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Originally posted by Grand Marquis GT View Post
      Air compressor's coil wire, lol...

Looks super clean mang!
      DOH!

Originally posted by Bobcat View Post
      You know what water pumps are good?

Bosch ones.

~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post

You should replace that tensioner pulley. It's making some nice wear marks in your belt... And yes. Bosch does make good water pumps.

Comment

You have a suggestion on the pulley? It is brand new and there were not many options to choose from.

Purchased another valve cover as oil was seeping out of the grommet for the fill. Will locate the fill hole properly this time around. I just got lucky that it even remotely worked as I did not even consider the AC lines to be in the way in the least.
          ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Some other brands are a solid metal pulley instead of the two pieces joined in the middle. OEM I think is the split design. Honestly I'd run it until it gives you problems or starts eating the belt.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

the OEM pulley on mine was a single piece, but you had to swap the whole thing with the bracket. So I just tore it apart and use the plastic pulley. No complaints with that pulley.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
              ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
              Originally posted by dmccaig
              Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Preliminary post water pump install inspection checks out. Ran out of coolant on the initial fill up and when I got back to the car (two days later) it sucked whatever coolant I had in the overflow back into the radiator. Added more coolant this morning to reservoir and radiator as they were both low. Will inspect again next time out at the car.

Acquired two 79-86 mustang center console delete consoles. Will combine the bezel of one with the console of the other to make one good condition console and one console that could use some loving.

Mans trans time....Next year.

In other news the tunes on the car are getting better and better! Gained a full MPG on the latest. Cruising AFR jumped to 14.5-15.0 from 13.8-14.4. Averaged over 19 MPG on the latest trip.

Still trying to figure out why she is a turd off the line. Did two 1/4 mile runs (tazzo motorsports performance timer confirmed) with two different tunes. Tune 8 we will just call the base tune whereas tune 9 has some added timing and ramped it in a little faster.

Maybe due to the difference in temperatures (also none of this performance timer stuff is accurate) the first run was high 15 at 92.7 MPH the next run on tune 9 yielded a low 16 at 87.xx mph. Today was HOT. I added the data logs for those two runs as well. Forgot to include MPH in the datalog after I switched to tune 9.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by 87gtVIC; 07-17-2016, 03:38 PM.
                ~David~

Comment

1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                  Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Also, what does this barnstormer have for gears?
                    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Tom. I have 3.73 gears installed.

I will get some pictures of the consoles....
                      ~David~

Comment

Dave, The heat, humidity & barometric pressure will have a huge effect on your et. does your timer measure the 60' increments? The squealage will slow your whole pass, not just the beginning of it. Your MPH is an an indication of horsepower used, while your ET is an indication of how efficiently you used it. The difference between 87 & 92 MPH is tremendous. I don't believe these passes are a valid indication of the value of these 2 tunes.

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

I don;t think so either Jim. The meters I have say to do three runs and average them. I did none of that as I am not on a controlled course....its just not easy to do.

Yes. The timer I have measures your 60' time. I thinking one was around a 2.40 and one was around 2.60. Again I did not write anything down after I did the runs. Lots of numbers to jumble and remember incorrectly.

I was happy to get the tires to spin! I told my tuner that the old engine would spin them with ease from a start...but this new one cannot at all. I still wanna smoke show when stomping on it. More work to do.

And Tom:

One on the right is how the mustangs use them...I plan to use it like on the left so I can tuck it up to the seats more. This all depends on where the shifter decides to pop out.
                          ~David~

Comment

It's funny you were able to find 2 of them. I drove my Capri for several years while I tried to find one!

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

The internets helped out on these. I have yet to see one in a yard with my own eyes.

I have two ebrake covers (one cover is damaged as the base ripped off the lid) and a ash tray...for those who know a thing or two about console delete packages.
                              ~David~

Comment

I've got the e-brake cover, but I don't recogonize the asstray, got a pic?

Comment

Working...
                                X