X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sly View Post
    Thanks.

Originally posted by Tiggie View Post
    The AOD sound is so great that you should totally consider keeping it and selling me all your manual transmission conversion goodies haha.

You car does sound good especially in the mid range like when you passed an newish F150 in the video.
    Mid range and top end it flies and the sound correlates. Its just a flat out turd off the light though. If the AOD was built to work with what I have currently I would have no problem keeping it. Its just not and makes things unfun when driving.

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
    The AOD whine reminds me of school busses when I was a kid. Not sure what they used, but they were a very whiny and clunky automatic.
    Yes! When I was a kiddo as well.

Originally posted by mitymerc View Post
    Tiggie is right, get rid of all that junk.
    How much do you want for it? LOL

It does sound vicious, I like the tire chirps in second!
    Thanks Jim. She boggies.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Painted 79' license plate bucket

Been working on this sucker for many months now.

Got it from Kevin who saved it from a junkyard for me.

It had peeling paint in a few spots so I sanded everything out smooth and shot it a couple times with filler primer and then blocked the piece out to 600. I got it really smooth.

Weather was great today so I top coated and cleared it this morning.

Before paint....hard to tell anything really as it is all masked up for paint and in super smooth primer.....

And after:

It came out like glass. No exaggeration. All that is left to do it let the bastard cure up good and hard and go over the buckets edges with some metal polish/compound to clean it up and bit and smooth out the hard tape line between the paint and the chrome.

The centercaps you see hiding out behind the bucket in the first pic on the other hand got a bad reaction when the clear hit it....Those will have to get re-redone for the benz.......
      Attached Files
      ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Nice!!!

Comment

Thanks. Next up is painting the rear license plate frame (color matched to body) and clearing it in the same manner..... also my hood ornament delete will be painted with matching color to that license plate bucket I painted up a few posts back and clear that as well.

I really want to remove the trunk lid and paint it’s underside but I’m scared. It’s also getting colder out and not favorable for painting and that would be something I need to paint outdoors.
          ~David~

Comment

Yeah the time for painting is done, too cold. Resume in the spring. It would be a shame to put in all the prep work and have it come out badly.

Comment

This project is officially complete:

Attached Files
              ~David~

Comment

Looks good
                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                  So. Dad had an order for rock auto and it happened to have a shared shipper location so I picked up the pulley mentioned above and it is just a bit larger in size as compared to the stock 2g set up.

3g on the left of screen and stock panther 2g on right:

New GP-712 on left of screen and stock panther 2g on right:

new GP-712 on left of screen and stock panther 2g on right:

I haven't installed anything....winter project as nothing is urgent/necessary.

Installed all of this earlier today. Belt is a bit snug to get on but perfect. 5060485. Threw the 5060490 in the trunk in case I ever need it. That one would fit as well, and easier.
                  ~David~

Comment

Been working on a new project for the car.....Some info about it can be obtained from this thread: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...l=1#post824717

Today I fabbed up a bracket to hold in that fuse/relay box.

This is the location I had in mind:

It just so happens Ford has a bracket design utilizing two of the air box bolts that I then worked off of that I pulled from a Lincoln town car. It originally houses 4 relays only:

The new fuse box held up against the bracket outside of the vehicle:

Some fabrication will be required to make everything fit nicely. Here you can see the Lincoln relay box mount as well as a mount that I pulled from a Taurus...it was something that I removed anyway when pulling its alternator charge wire. I used that bracket for the shelf of the midi fuse holder:

And 4 hours later we have the finished product before paint:

That was the most fabrication I have ever done yet and I loved every minute of it.

The bracket fits really nicely and that little shelf is for my midi fuse holder. I welded in nuts for the fuse holder to fasten to and I utilized extra air box mounts I had around (after I burnt the rubber off of them) as the studs for the fuse box to fasten to.
                    Attached Files
                    ~David~

Comment

Tig or Mig?
                      03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
                      02 SL500 Silver Arrow
                      08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
                      12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Nice work!
                        Looking forward to seeing it installed.

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

Originally posted by jaywish View Post
                          Tig or Mig?
                          Flux core for me on a MIG capable Lincoln.

Originally posted by mitymerc View Post
                          Nice work!
                          Looking forward to seeing it installed.
                          Thanks. Me too. Priming it tomorrow. Will let that dry a couple of days and sand it out and ready it for paint.

Next project after that will be fabricating the line lock mount. I will be utilizing factory Ford brackets that bolt up to the master cylinder and hang below it against the booster. My Hurst LL should fit there nicely.
                          ~David~

Comment

Sharp, as usual.
                            1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                            1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                            Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                            Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Continued work on the new fuse holder/relay and fuse box bracket over the past couple of days.

Here she is ready for primer...I seamed sealed most of the weld/joint areas:

Here she is ready for paint. The piece was etch primed then filler primed. I baked it for a couple of days in the boiler room then sanded it all out (scuffed really) with a red scotch brite pad followed by a gray one.

After a light coat of adhesion promoter, a couple coats of gloss black paint and some clear you have this:

Kinda hard to see but it is really nice.

I got all supplies in to do this job...now for the timing.
                              Attached Files
                              ~David~

Comment

where does one order extra time from? Can you get that with free shipping?
                                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
                                X