Clear All

Thanks!

~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

After the start up video:

And some options I have to choose from..I like the t handle a lot but it would interfere with the cell phone holder that flips up and out of the armrest.

Last edited by 87gtVIC; 12-21-2022, 06:20 PM.
      ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Decisions decisions. =-)
        Go with the one you are holding.

Comment

T-handles do not facilitate accurate or fast shifting.

Balls and Vertical handles allow your hand to move.
          T's take it to your wrist.

My favorite it the vertical type handle.

Pics will follow later...

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

Sounds like you like pistol grip style shift knobs.
            ~David~

Comment

"Yeah, dat's da ticket."

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

Button controls 2 step & linelock.
                Attached Files

Comment

I dig the pure white shift knob with the pattern on it.
                  1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                  1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

last manual vehicle I had had a 7 ball because thats what I found randomly in a box of junk. That actually felt pretty good as a shift knob, much better than the little mushroom head thing that was stock.
                    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

A pool ball, that's classic. I could rock something like that.
                      1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                      1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

it was very low effort. I "drilled" the hole with a crappy soldering iron that had a busted tip I found in the same box of crap the ball was. melted the hole in it and just forced it onto the shifter until it cut threads in there. Wasn't quite perfectly straight either.
                        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by mitymerc View Post
                          T-handles do not facilitate accurate or fast shifting.

Balls and Vertical handles allow your hand to move.
                          T's take it to your wrist.

My favorite it the vertical type handle.

Pics will follow later...
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	4233D8E0-504F-4959-953B-B0DBD9226335.jpg Views:	5 Size:	2.62 MB ID:	1385655

Well I may have gotten carried away here.

It is all complete aside from being fully disassembled and sanded with 180, media blasted and then powder coated.

First switch is 12v from a wallwart (110) power supply.

Second switch is 9v from some batteries stuffed inside for when you want to show it off but don’t have 110 power available…and the center chrome stick has a knob on it with a button that also puts 9v to the lights.

All signage was from ebay.

It is my Hurst Shifters Shrine......

I like it!

Last edited by 87gtVIC; 01-29-2023, 06:16 PM.
                          ~David~

Comment

Very nice!
                            1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                            1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                            Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                            Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Cool!

Comment

I think you've got a handle on it.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                                ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                                Originally posted by dmccaig
                                Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
                                X