My 1987 Two Door Crown Victoria AKA THE BROWN BLOB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He seems pretty shifty to me....

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

Actually, David is a standup guy!

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

Thanks guys.

I was in the car last week and looked in the back seat and found that the seatbelt sleeve was all cracked up. Found that LMR sells comparable sleeves for mustangs and picked up a set. They did not have the sand beige color available but did have black. The black turned out fine.

as you can see they are a tad shorter but I am happy with how it all turned out.

Click image for larger version

Name:	67229740-A6D5-45CA-8F7B-DCEDAED1E73D.jpg
Views:	417
Size:	2.26 MB
ID:	1386217

Name:	EF9EB654-DAB3-4D4B-B202-3A21C053E664.jpg
Views:	416
Size:	2.27 MB
ID:	1386218

Name:	1C6A0DD6-7AF9-4BBE-8CF4-953D3F554D0D.jpg
Views:	417
Size:	2.51 MB
ID:	1386219

Name:	FF1AE82B-DEC7-4E97-A189-331E4D37E4CE.jpg
Views:	412
Size:	3.07 MB
ID:	1386220

Name:	667B77F1-F547-4BFD-8648-7BA8109291E0.jpg
Views:	419
Size:	3.69 MB
ID:	1386221

~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Nice find. I hate it when one day the part is fine, the next day it is broken. Why ? who knows. That happened allot when I lived in the desert.

Comment

Thanks.

I believe this was self induced. The decorative seat trim limits the clearance the belt sleeves have when in used. Kinda wedges the sleeve between the inner rocker/door sill area and the seat. I believe that is why it exploded.

I am definitely cautious with everything though as things are getting older and older. I can on ly imagine tings just crumbling in your hand while in the desert.
            ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Those seatbelt sleeves all seem to follow the "I'm okay" and then switch to "I'm exploding" overnight. Glad you were able to find a suitable replacement. Guess you could dye them.
              1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
              1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
              Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
              Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

SEM paint will work well with parts like those.

Comment

I've used SEM dye on 2 cars. If you are careful with your prep it holds up well.

The Mitymerc was hit in the fall & is going to the body shop next month.

I pulled an interior panel to asses the 1/4 panel damage & decided to pull them all and re dye them. They still look pretty good after 20 + yrs.

Loading tools & slicks in & out every weekend did take a bit of a toll but they are still "acceptable"

Comment

Seen Kadachrome wolf post up about inlaying a fancy crest center cap emblem/decal onto stock HPP center caps.

I thought that they looked so damn good I had to do some research myself.

Wound up finding the seller of the center cap emblems but he only had a couple black background ones in his possession like Zach had posted and they were in poor condition and they were two silver and two gold.

I purchased a few of the red background with silver crest center caps he had in stock (looks identical to the factory turbine centercap emblems for my 87 crown victoria)and he threw in the not so good black back ground ones.

I was able to make them look good again and decided I wanted to find some new chrome center caps. I located a vendor on ebay and picked up a few sets. They are all plastic but fit the wheels extremely snug and the emblems fit perfectly in place.

Installed all of that this morning.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_E6451.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.16 MB ID:	1386848

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6518.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.46 MB ID:	1386846

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6519.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.38 MB ID:	1386843

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6520.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.37 MB ID:	1386844

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6521.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.41 MB ID:	1386845

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6522.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.25 MB ID:	1386847

Yes. One side is black back ground with gold crest while the other side is black with silver....You can only see one side at a time. Doesn't bug me now and doubt anyone will really catch that in person. Its worth it. The black back ground just goes so well with the black mesh powder coating on my hpp wheels. Love the way it all turned out.
                    Last edited by 87gtVIC; 03-12-2023, 01:03 PM.
                    ~David~

Comment

Another great detail.
                      It would would take an entire day to find all the "good stuff" on the Blob...

Comment

And probably never see them all...

Comment

noice.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                          Originally posted by dmccaig
                          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Thanks guys.

This is what the original centercap looked like on the turbines my car came with in case anyone is not familiar with them:

Click image for larger version  Name:	1157B-CC-FORD-3_540x.jpg?v=1636680614.jpg Views:	0 Size:	68.7 KB ID:	1386890

These are the other centercap decal/emblems I have from the seller that gifted me those black background ones:

Click image for larger version  Name:	s-l1600.jpg Views:	0 Size:	254.0 KB ID:	1386891

The above are identical to the black back ground ones and fit into the new aftermarket centercaps I have located just the same.

Like mentioned above...the little details I like. It just ties the wheels in better to the original style of the car over the ford caps I have been running....

Click image for larger version  Name:	s-l1600.jpg Views:	0 Size:	297.0 KB ID:	1386892

And definitely more fitting than the BBS ones I had too:

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4775.jpg Views:	0 Size:	114.8 KB ID:	1386893

SO nice:

Name:	centercap decal 2.jpg
Views:	390
Size:	2.41 MB
ID:	1386894
                            ~David~

Comment

Those are killer! I have a set of LSC ones on my 89 TC would the seller have Lincoln emblem ones too?

Comment

Originally posted by chitownvic View Post
                                Those are killer! I have a set of LSC ones on my 89 TC would the seller have Lincoln emblem ones too?
                                The seller did not. But! I have found people who will custom make them. May be an outlet for you. I’ll have to look up the link.

~David~

Comment

Working...
                                X