Clear All

heavy fucker right?
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Not as heavy as I thought it would be. I didn't have any help. N when I pulled it, I balanced it on the jack with one hand , and lowered the jack with the other. Wasn't tell I was puttin it back in that I used the ratchet strap to hold it to the jack. I didn't want it to fall on me. I had the converter drained and the pan drained before I pulled it, so that helped lighten it up. But hey I usually am workin on my 4X4, n just a tire without a rim on that is 138 pounds. I hav done this stuff enough times I have it down to a science.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hav24wheel
        First time I have seen that, so I shaved down the bolt heads that hold the flex plate on.
        It probably won't make much difference, but you do realize that those bolts are intended to each weigh exactly the same in order to be balanced, don't you?

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
        1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
        But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

it'll be fine. Rather have them off wt a bit than rubbin on the converter.
          sigpic

Comment

Next on the to do list is intake gaskets. Leakin oil out the front and back of it.
            sigpic

Comment

I gotta pull the good AOD that I have for my LTD outta my parts car soon, not looking forward to doing that shite by myself. I'm gonna make one of those homemade wooden tranny jack attachments as well, lol.

Comment

Its not bad at all if u just take ur time. I got all the bolts from the bottom withw the help of a swivl and a long extention.

And drain the fluid first.
                sigpic

Comment

Well I got some more crap done to the pile. Finally bought a windshield for it, $77. Not bad at all. I also put the headliner back in it. I also took that crappy mirror off the passenger door and put one in so stuff doesn't look so tinny in it any more. Lol

I'll post some pics up later, the blackberry isn't cooperating with me right now. Lol
                  sigpic

Comment

Old windshield

New one,finally no cracks!

And the headliner is finally in too!

sigpic

Comment

awesome man.
                      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

do you have a pic of your headlight wiring? I am interested in what ya did?
                        sigpic
                        1986 Crown Victoria 302 Cold Air,Mac Shorty headers, Full Dual Exhaust with Super Forty Flows, Wagon Suspension with a Full Sound System Replacement 1/4 time 17.486 @ 77.43mph

Comment

Ummm, no pics of that, but I guess I could get one for u. I took the lowbeam plug off my parts car, and popped the ground, and high beam wire out of the factory high beam plug on the. Car and the plug off the parts car. Pushed the wires into the correct slots on the plug off the parts car, than took the low beam wire and spliced it into the low beam wire on the car. Its really easy to do when ur lookin at the wires and plugs. Just one wire spliced on each side. I hope that explains it better than I did earlier.
                          sigpic

Comment

looks great mang did your car come stock with the sun roof?

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
                            302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
                            k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Thanks. I put it in.
                              sigpic

Comment

This weekend I got the parts I decided to keep tore off the parts car. I kept the motor, a bunch of little stuff from under rhe hood. The front brakes, the rear axle, hhod and trunk lid. And some little parts from random places. Lol.
                                Here are a couple pics. The car, trailer and all the scrap I put in it, topped out at 9400 pounds. Just my car and trailer is 6040 pounds. Got a whole $84. from the scrap yard. Lol. The car pulled the trailer very well, at 65 mph in D it did a lot better than I thought it would. The equalizer hitch made it ride really nice too.
                                O I did add a tranny cooler to my car this weekend too.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X