No announcement yet.

my 85 351 ltd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just thought i would update, the intake gasket had a slow leak that one night heading back to post from KCI turned into a big leak, over heated had to stop every 50 miles to refill with water. Sat for a week then i put an performer 351w intake and a 670 street avenger on it, a new water pump. i have not tried to start it to see if it still over heats but i'm worried it will. not good when the temp is over 300.
    1979 lincoln versailis, ford test ordered car, factory floor shift with bucket seats.
    1983 lincoln mark VI, all factory
    2015 Mustang GT 50yrs SHERROD, 6 speed 302, track pack, premium package, Custom JL sound system.

Comment

Other things to check:

-upper and lower rad hoses
      -thermostat and housing
      '79 Continental Town Car
      '90 Crown Victoria LTD
      '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

welp, I'll do an update for this, since my cousin is too lazy to do it, I will. Haha

Well, first off, my cousin tried to "fix" some things wrong with this car. I wont go into the horrifying details of it, but, it involves two tubes of silicone for the intake, a unplugged PCV hose going no-where, blowing oil out, and a shoe-string, yes a shoe-string holding the TV cable on. Theres a few more things in there that are pretty terrible, and would ruin our family name, and make little childeren run away, so I'll just stop here. But he did all of this for a 4-barrel intake, and a carb that is too big.

So far, we have just changed the timing chain with my mercs old one, it had only around ~5,000 miles, The one on the 351 was extremely sloppy, lucky it didnt skip.
        The original one on the 351, was a double roller, did these come factory with double roller timing chains ???

Thanks
        ---1990 Lincon LSC., 5.0 H.O., 55,000 ORIG. miles, 3:73 Posi, Bullit rims, 3G alt., 2.5" full-back exhaust, Mark 8 elec. fan, Flowmaster mufflers. My DD
        ---1985 Grand Marquis 2-door., Fresh 5.0, slick-top, GT40P's, 1.7 RR's, FRPP headers, 3G alt., Weiand Stealth intake, 650 cfm holley, 2.5" side-exit exhaust, Mark 8 elec. fan, 3:55 Posi, Bucket seats, custom center console. My Toy

Comment

:lol: How big a 4V?

Didn't realize a full vinyl top could still be had in '85.
          2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Working...
          X