my new 1996 Lincoln Mark VIII

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my new 1996 Lincoln Mark VIII

hey i just bought a 96 Mark VIII. I found it at a dealership outside of FT. Riley for 3000. its got 113675 miles on it. It's pearl white with tan interior. Factory JBL sound system. Fancy factory Cell Phone

It runs great NOW. Not even 12 hours after i bought it on my way to my parents house the waterpump went out of it.

I don't like the rims that are on it now but its so hard to find some good ones with its bolt pattern.

I will try to get pics up tonight.
    1979 lincoln versailis, ford test ordered car, factory floor shift with bucket seats.
    1983 lincoln mark VI, all factory
    2015 Mustang GT 50yrs SHERROD, 6 speed 302, track pack, premium package, Custom JL sound system.

congrats man. a buddy of mine did a 03 cobra motor swap into one of those
    sigpicTHE H.I.D MASTER
    87 mercury grand marquis
    88 crown vic lx
    89 mercury colony park ls (sold)
    89 mercury grand marquis (sold)
    00 ford crown vic lx hpp
    03 mercury marauder aka punisher (sold )

Comment

here's some pics
      Attached Files
      1979 lincoln versailis, ford test ordered car, factory floor shift with bucket seats.
      2015 Mustang GT 50yrs SHERROD, 6 speed 302, track pack, premium package, Custom JL sound system.

Comment

Pretty nice! Did you put those rims on?
        '79 Continental Town Car
        '90 Crown Victoria LTD
        '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

no those were on when i bought it, i don't really like them but the bolt pattern is so hard to find some cheap rims for their going to stay on for a while

Comment

It looks decent.

The VIIIs are really plush cars, but my experience is that they are finicky. A friend of mine had a black on black '95. It was a neglected car. It had a spring conversion, but everything else seemed to be problematic. He claimed to know how to work on it, but I had to go over his place one time to install a brake switch. It was also plagued with oil leaks, which he never did anything about.

He thought he'd make it into a race car, but he probably can't change his own oil.

My experience was a little jaded though... they do run pretty well.
            **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
            **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
            **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
            **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

this car has no motor probs now that the water pump is new. no leaks or anything, the airbags do have a leak somewhere but i will find that one of these days.

Comment

Neat cars but yes, they do have their share of problems.
                Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

Not bad! Good luck with the airbag leak ....

Funky rims, though. The stockers were lots better looking, too bad they didn't still have them.
                  2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Looks nice, but I'm also not a big fan of the wheels. Honestly I really think those cars look best with factory wheels. The octastars and the directionals are really nice. The snowflakes are OK too, but a bit blah. Might want to keep an eye out in the junkyards for a set. Since those fit just about nothing, there isn't much demand for them. Tbirds and Cougers use the same bolt pattern too, but I don't think the 15" wheels fit the VIII brakes.
                    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

i have a set of 93 sho white rims that i really like (had them on my 95 cougar before i sold it also) but they are white and not the pearl whit my car is. if i can get them re-powdercoated a closer color those will go on it

Comment

turns out i still have a pic of my cougar with those rims. it's the same color as my MARK VIII so they just looked odd.
                        Attached Files

Comment

nice!

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                          2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                          1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                          1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                          2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                          1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

very nice!

you should find yourself a set of Lincoln LS wheels. they fit perfectly (well except you need to run a 3/8 spacer in the front)

i had them on my t-bird and they fit like a glove. they'd be even better on a lincoln

17x7

LTD is still here

Comment

i will prob just use the rims i have. i don't want to do to much to this car other that use it as a daily driver. Once i get it paid off i'm still saving money to do stuff to my 83 2-door. This car is nice but i'm still box faithful.

Comment

Working...
                              X