Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just rescued two boxes, and ones a woodless wagon!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just rescued two boxes, and ones a woodless wagon!

Sorry no pics yet but they will come as soon as I get a chance. (which may be a while at the rate things are going.)

The first one is an 89 base model sedan (80-90k, no power windows/locks no trunk release) The old man who owned it passed away and nobody wanted to settle the estate for over a year. When it finally got around to it, I picked the car up for $200 because the transmission wouldn't pull and the power steering wouldn't work.

It turns out that after sitting a year the battery was still good (if a bit weak) and the transmission fluid had leaked out. A gallon of transmission fluid and a power steering hose later and the car works.
    I still don't have a key for the trunk, and the ac doesn't work, but other than that it could be made into a driver real quick. I have been keeping it back as a spare for my wife's car.

Fast forward to today. I had stopped earlier in the week and left a note on the door of someone who had a white/cream 89 box wagon with clean sides, and no rust to speak of. It was dirty, and the tires were flat, but it looked ok, so I thought I'd take a chance.
    Today after church my phone rang.
    It was the guy with the wagon. He said it had been his dad's car and he had been looking for someone who would fix it up, but had given up and was planning on calling the junk yard this week. He GAVE me the car if I would come and get it. I got his number and promised to take it off his hands as soon as possible.

How's that for cool.
    From what he said about the wagon it runs, but it needs a tune up and probably the IAC cleaned and a new tps.

I am seriously considering turning either my 90 wagon, (grey with no wood) or this "new" wagon into a rad rod style cruiser.

Flat black, with red wheels and wide whites, maybe some simple flames up front and minimal trim.
    I'm still debating on what to do with the sedan now.
    Owner of the only known 5 speed box wagon with a lift kit.
    AKA, Herkimer the Hillbilly SUV.

Axle codes
    Open/Lock/Ratio #
    -----------------------
    G / H / 2.26
    B / C / 2.47
    8 / M / 2.73
    7 / - / 3.07
    Y / Z / 3.08
    4 / D / 3.42
    F / R / 3.45
    5 / E / 3.27
    6 / W / 3.73
    2 / K / 3.55
    A / - / 3.63
    J / - / 3.85

Excellent!

Excellent, excellent, excellent, excellent, excellent, excellent, excellent, excellent, excellent, excellent, excellent, excellent, excellent, excellent, excellent!

:banana: :banana: :banana:

I seriously look forward to seeing pictures!
    2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

PICS!!
      sigpic
      1986 Crown Victoria 302 Cold Air,Mac Shorty headers, Full Dual Exhaust with Super Forty Flows, Wagon Suspension with a Full Sound System Replacement 1/4 time 17.486 @ 77.43mph

Comment

Nice. Gotta love cheap spare cars. I'd have so many vehicles if I had a spot to park them.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Thats great.
          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
          my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

friggin cool

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
            2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
            1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
            1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
            2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
            1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

free cars rock!

We hope you can get access to a digital camera real soon
              '79 Continental Town Car
              '90 Crown Victoria LTD
              '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

I've got one... I just can't seem to locate the cable!

Axle codes
                Open/Lock/Ratio #
                -----------------------
                G / H / 2.26
                B / C / 2.47
                8 / M / 2.73
                7 / - / 3.07
                Y / Z / 3.08
                4 / D / 3.42
                F / R / 3.45
                5 / E / 3.27
                6 / W / 3.73
                2 / K / 3.55
                A / - / 3.63
                J / - / 3.85

Comment

Lucky bastard.
                  will be curious to see what you come up with. Keep in mind, that rat rods come in other colors than black. be creative. everybody and their brother has done black.
                  I'm still trying to figure my scheme out, and it's not going to be black with red wheels. All I know at the moment is it will be shot with hot rod flatz paint,
                  and it'll have spears or panels and a metal flake roof, which will help hide all the dents and dings up there.
                  Attached Files
                  1987 Country Squire LX Wagon 5.0L: Daily Ride......1964 Lincoln Continental 430ci: Toy #1.
                  1984 F-250 4x4 4.9L: Toy #2.............................1968 Volkswagen Bug 2.0L: Toy #3.
                  1989 F-250 4x4 5.8L: Emergency backup and work truck...

Comment

Like Enigma said ya lucky bastud! IMO, satin paints would look good on a box.

Packman

Comment

Well, here is a crappy pic of the wagon.

The interior is in worse shape than I thought because the front windows both have issues. Even so, the body is still pretty nice. Upon further inspection, it has a 3.27 rear end in it. It's the first one I've seen in a box.

With the interior in below average shape, I'm thinking of gutting it, rhino lining the floor, and putting in some lightweight buckets.
                      I'm also toying with the idea of swapping the front doors off the sedan onto it, and putting the manual window cranks from the rear doors in the back.

I'd thinking of doing away with the ac the heater,* and any other unneeded weight as well.

Then to top it all off, when the house gets done (nearly there!) and I finally have time, I'd love to finally put all the parts and pieces that I've collected for the last few years together. 400hp 5000 rpm or less 351w. (ok, ok so desktop dyno is more than a little optimistic, even at 300hp it'll be a major upgrade)

As for rat rod colors, I've always wanted one in black. It's been done a bunch of times for a reason, it looks good. I may skip the red wheels, but, satin black with some white pin striping, and a few flames up front should do nicely.

It'll be interesting to see how it turns out.

*this thing won't see much road time in the winter.
                      Attached Files

Axle codes
                      Open/Lock/Ratio #
                      -----------------------
                      G / H / 2.26
                      B / C / 2.47
                      8 / M / 2.73
                      7 / - / 3.07
                      Y / Z / 3.08
                      4 / D / 3.42
                      F / R / 3.45
                      5 / E / 3.27
                      6 / W / 3.73
                      2 / K / 3.55
                      A / - / 3.63
                      J / - / 3.85

Comment

Nice!
                        Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

nice wagon your going to pull a mikey and rip out the ac and heater system lol

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
                          302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
                          k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

That wagon has potential!
                            '79 Continental Town Car
                            '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                            '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

UPDATE

Well I just paid the tow truck driver (who was a die hard ford fanatic, who was blown away by the fact I have a t5 in the HillbillySUV)
                              for dropping off my newly acquired wagon.

I still don't have pics, but here's what I have since learned.

#1 After sitting for at least 2 years, it cranked up on the first try. (with jumpers of course)

#2 The alt is toast. It will need a new connector as well. 3g upgrade anyone?

#3 None of the windows so much as make a single noise.
                              I suspect that the fuse is blown because the dome light doesn't even dim when I hit all the window switches at once.

#4 It came with a new set of the metal vent visors... YAY (two were on the front windows and the back ones were in the rear compartment still in the bag with instructions and clips) Also included was what appeared to be a newish 4 way and a hydraulic jack.

#5 The headliner is in good shape... no sagging anywhere.

#6 The IAC is indeed in serious need of cleaning. If you don't hold your foot on the gas and then ease out SLOWLY it will die every time. When at idle it runs smooth, and seems to work well under a load when in gear. I haven't tried moving it any farther than my jumpers will reach, due to the dead batt and alt. Even so, it seems to pull well in 1st and reverse.

#7 It needs exhaust work. I haven't crawled underneath to see if it had duals or singles, but I think I'm going to just put 4ft glaspacks on it behind the existing cats for now.

Technically I didn't get the car for free. I paid the guy 1$ for it. This means I don't have to pay taxes for the full retail value like I did on the last one.

All in all... it's a heck of a car for a buck.

I can't wait till the weekend so I can start tinkering with it more.

Axle codes
                              Open/Lock/Ratio #
                              -----------------------
                              G / H / 2.26
                              B / C / 2.47
                              8 / M / 2.73
                              7 / - / 3.07
                              Y / Z / 3.08
                              4 / D / 3.42
                              F / R / 3.45
                              5 / E / 3.27