This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Assault Vehicle

This is my 1987 LTD Crown Vic. My Grandfather bought it brand new in 1987, and my family has put almost all of the 95000 miles thats on it. He signed the title over to us when I was 15, and It has been mine ever since.
    Just Some Random Pics:

The first thing I accomplished when I got it was to replace the stereo. I have a JVC headunit along with 6.5" speakers in the doors, 6x9 in the rear, and 3.5 in the dash. Im looking to replace the ones in the dash, and drop the ones in the door so I can get the surround sound back.

I am looking for to front door panels that look exactly like those so I can put those in when I remove the door speakers (If you look closely, you can see the ranger speaker grilles in the bottom right corner).

I still have the stock speedometer, but the 140 is on my 2 find list the next time I go salvage yard hunting.

The engine is mostly stock, except for the ford racing valve covers and chrome cold air intake. I also removed the nasty hood insulation as well.

I finally found a rear PI swaybar! I sanded and painted then installed it, along with new front sway-bar links with urethane bushings. This thing seriously handles like a BMW now!

My current project is working on the 79 tailight lenses that I found at a goodguys swap meet for 10 bucks. My dad repainted the box and the LTD for me (hes better than I am), now all I have to do is clean up the chrome and I can put them in! Once it stops raining (not until wednesday) ill install them and post some pics up.
    Before:

With Paint:
    Last edited by hemihotrod402; 09-07-2009, 03:37 PM.
    Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
    New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Nice car. I like the colour combo.

Keep us updated on what you do to it, it looks like a car with plenty of potential.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
    160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
    waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

the nice thing is, it's a bottom of the barrel vic, no pricey options, so I dont have to feel guilty about any customiztions. Although I am taking notes on what is being done, because who knows? Maybe these things will be worth as much as the 55 vics are in 30 years. Its wishful thinking, but you never know.
      Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
      New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

I like the idea of a stripped-down vic because they're lighter. You probably save around 50 pounds just by not having power windows. It adds up. There's also less to go wrong.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
        160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
        waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

nice to have a car that stays in the family like that. very nice ride

Comment

Very nice man..Im liking it a lot. i espically like those valve covers.....

Comment

thanks, those valve covers werent cheap. Ill let you in on a secret though. The one on the passengers side is original, whereas the driver side is the ford racing! It would have fit if the filler neck was up farther. Im debating whether to get a 351 out of a P72, a 460 out of an F150, or just working with the efi 302. If I keep the 402, ill buy a box upper manifold with throttle body to get the other valve cover in, plus about 35-50 hp!

Comment

Nice 87 mang. I like the bare base vics to. Lighter and simpler. Mine has power windows and I have gone threw 3 window motors in my 1 and a half years of ownership, lol. Pain in the but. And BTW that stereo looks good in there, fits great.
                -2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor - Daily Driver - 17" Bullitt's, 235/55/17 Goodyear Eagles, Ex-NH State Police, best 1/4 mile time; 15.3 @ 90 mph
                -1987 Crown Victoria 2-Door - Project - 90k miles, Summit chambered muffler, Sunpro gauges, parked since 2010, fate tbd

Comment

quick question for the community, what can I do about that rear window trim? If you can see in that one pic of the back, you can see half of it silver (IDK how the hell that got there), do I just replace it, or is there a way to redo it.

Comment

hehe, already got an update! I found the build sheet! It was folded up underneath the front seat.

Comment

Very nice CV!!!! You guys/gals really did a good job taking care of that car! I tried the Ford Racing EFI truck valve covers because the oil fill was in the right place, but it still didn't clear the upper intake. I also had clearance problems with the driver's side cover hitting the throttle cable bracket. You're taking the same approach I'm taking with my CV, but you have already found the LTD script tail lights and PI rear sway bar.

Packman

Comment

Very nice Box..
                        2000 Crown Vic LX HPP Red w/3:55 Rears
                        85 Crown Vic Stock w/HPP`s
                        07 JCL 250 A Scooter
                        79 to 91 Mercedes S Class W126 US or Euro Versions coming soon

Comment

with the clearance with the throttle cable bracket, I just cut some of the excess metal and it went right in!

Comment

nice cv mang I love that original color

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
                            302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
                            k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

sweet car!
                              ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                              My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                              My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                              But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                              my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Working...
                              X