1984 LTD Crown Vic Coupe "SLAB" on 4z

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1984 LTD Crown Vic Coupe "SLAB" on 4z

well down here in houston texas if you want to ride slab you got to have swangers on your ride. im 18 doing my thang on some big boy expenssive wheels. i've had the car for a lil over a year and ive had a few sets of rims on it. peep game.

Hey, are those Vogue tires?
    Owner of the only known 5 speed box wagon with a lift kit.
    AKA, Herkimer the Hillbilly SUV.

Axle codes
    Open/Lock/Ratio #
    -----------------------
    G / H / 2.26
    B / C / 2.47
    8 / M / 2.73
    7 / - / 3.07
    Y / Z / 3.08
    4 / D / 3.42
    F / R / 3.45
    5 / E / 3.27
    6 / W / 3.73
    2 / K / 3.55
    A / - / 3.63
    J / - / 3.85

Comment

yessir low pro vogues...

Comment

Interesting choice of wheels, mang. Clean car!
        1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
        Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

While some of your wheel choices are not my style, (I am a self proclaimed redneck after all) that's one good looking ride. I'm surprised it hasn't gotten more attention. It's always good to see one of these cars in the hands of someone who appreciates it. I'm digging those Vogue tires though.
          Owner of the only known 5 speed box wagon with a lift kit.
          AKA, Herkimer the Hillbilly SUV.

Axle codes
          Open/Lock/Ratio #
          -----------------------
          G / H / 2.26
          B / C / 2.47
          8 / M / 2.73
          7 / - / 3.07
          Y / Z / 3.08
          4 / D / 3.42
          F / R / 3.45
          5 / E / 3.27
          6 / W / 3.73
          2 / K / 3.55
          A / - / 3.63
          J / - / 3.85

Comment

I think I like the wire spokes in the last pic. What size are they?

Can you translate "slab" and "swangers" for those of us who aren't from Texas?
            2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

I like the wheels in the 3rd and 4th pics from the bottom, give it more of a muscle car look except those need RWL tires. Btw what percent tint is that? I like it, nice and dark. I say when you tint your windows, go dark or go home.
              88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
              Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

while im not feeling the stick on auto-zone vents on the fenders, the car is very clean and straight. good job. seeing the style your after will you be putting trunk straps on it and riding with the doors open?

Comment

Originally posted by 351-lincoln View Post
                  seeing the style your after will you be putting trunk straps on it and riding with the doors open?
                  Man, now I'm even more lost .... What does this all mean?
                  2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

I think the riding with the doors open might be a reference to this...

Get out the way, let casper drive!

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
                    160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
                    waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

ok just to clarify....here is a 101 lesson of a houston texas SLAB

Slow
                      Loud
                      And
                      Bangin

slab= a vehicle with 1984 cragar elbow rims and vouge tires, belts and buckles across the trunk, 5th wheel with recline, pop trunk with subs && neon lights, candy coats of paint && any other things you would like to add.

swangers= rims that poke outside the lip. 1984 and 1983 cragar wheels known as elbows, 4s, swangas, super pokes gorilla pokes. a htown traditional set of rims that can cost from 1500-4700 dollars...

the rims are called swangas because there is a sport to driving on these rims its a road thing that people in slabs do that you swerve from lane to lane not allowing others to pass. youtube it to see what it looks like.

pics so you can get a hang of what im saying...

Last edited by SwanginOn4z; 10-09-2009, 05:55 PM.

Comment

here is an example of slow swangin, but for the most part its just stupid reckless driving that we do honestly but its fun though.
                        Last edited by SwanginOn4z; 10-09-2009, 05:55 PM.

Comment

I'm not a fan of neons, but otherwise, that's pretty cool. The green caddie, especially.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
                          160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
                          waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

I like the wires actually, and generally I'm not a fan of wires. The fat spokes are a lot cleaner looking than those 100 spoke 13" things most people seem to run. Always thought a tiny wheel looked silly on these cars.

Which dude are you, the one with the jack, or the confused looking guy washing the wheels?
                            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

That's a nice cruiser you got. I like the wire wheels myself, they look right on these cars. Your CV is a 2-door twin of mine ; just in much better condition.

Packman

Comment

Working...
                              X