Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1981 merc marquis brougham + GMGT rebirth!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pesty351 View Post
    Looks great would look even better with a little bigger rear tires.

By the way? Please lower this car. If not, I'll register you for the 2010 Baja 1000, whether you like it or not, because with the way it sits, 20 feet in the air, you'd probably be able to overall it.

Comment

Originally posted by The Auntie Christ View Post
      www.nevergonnahappen.com

By the way? Please lower this car. If not, I'll register you for the 2010 Baja 1000, whether you like it or not, because with the way it sits, 20 feet in the air, you'd probably be able to overall it.
      Blow me. I did that.
      1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
      Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Originally posted by Grand_Marquis_GT View Post
        Blow me. I did that.
        Whoever did it, they're now registered for the world's most prestigious off-road race.

Don't drink the water!

Comment

Originally posted by The Auntie Christ View Post
          Whoever did it, they're now registered for the world's most prestigious off-road race.

Don't drink the water!
          I'm going to kill you.
          1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
          Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Originally posted by Grand_Marquis_GT View Post
            I'm going to kill you.
            Not if the Mexican mafia gets you first!

Comment

I like the car up in the air a bit.... just my preference on it. Probably will handle better if you drop it a bit.
              "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
              1985 GMC 1500

Comment

i dont know why some think this car sits soooo high. it dont look high in person, jus has a little rear end rake.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

looks great mang glad to see its in the finished faze

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
                  302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
                  k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

at the bare minimum, I would say get the speedway springs, but add the 225lbs in the rear for some rake
                    Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
                    New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

Originally posted by marquisman View Post
                      i dont know why some think this car sits soooo high.
                      It could have something to do with the nearly a foot of clearance between the tire and fender lip, giving the appearance that this car isn't owned by some Canadian, but is actually 'Ironman Ivan Stewart's Personal Driver!'.

It also doesn't help that this exaggerated height makes the tiny tires you picked out look even smaller, as if the car, instead of rolling around on four tires, is actually perched up on a giant ball.

If you're entering this car in road rally races, or you're going to run the Baja 1000 this winter, by all means, keep yourself up in the nosebleed seats. I'm seriously not trying to offend anyone (for once), but for some strange reason, this car was able to hide how high it sat when it was the original, darker color, and now, it just looks wrong, sitting like you just installed a 6-inch lift kit.

And of course....this is your car. You bought it, you built it, and if you like it that high, headlights so far up in altitude that you blind drivers of Powerstroke pickups....driving a car so up in the air, that parking garage attendants say 'Sorry, no lifted trucks!', should you try to use one....who am I to interrupt such sweet bliss?

I'm just sayin' that it would look better if wasn't lifted to 'Paris to Dakar' height requirements; changing the car's paint color from the dark blue to silver did something hideous in exposing how high it sits.

Comment

Woah.....

First start with throwing all the trim back on...rockers, wheel wells, I know you just wanted to get pics up and the car looks great, so don't take offense. Next change the offset on those rear tires, suck them in a bit more so the rubber rides on the inside of the fender lip, Run a slightly larger tire up front and out back. I like the rake.. once you get all the parts thrown back on it won't look like it is jacked up so high, missing the wheel well molding does that.
                        "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
                        1985 GMC 1500

Comment

He has already installed the trim...you even posted after marquisman submitted pictures of the car with trim installed.
                          Last edited by 87gtVIC; 11-16-2010, 08:35 PM.
                          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                          my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                            He has already installed the trim...you even posted after marquisman submitted pictures of the car with trim installed.
                            I know, but there were not any side views.... sorry. I really like the car man, Im not trying to pick it apart or anything.. It looks great.
                            1985 GMC 1500

Comment

The car is looking great, man!

I liked the smooth look with no trim, too.

Will the pin stripe be burgundy?
                              **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                              **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                              **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                              **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

yes, the pinstripe will be burgandy/maroon. anywho, this car on level ground isent high, its just fine in person. im happy with the way the car looks. maybe down the road when i get the time and money i might lower it abit. also, i dont mind negative comments, i can take em. but, if i constantly have to read the same ones over and over, i will have this thread deleted...thanks for looking! lol

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                                1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                                1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                                2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                                2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Working...
                                X