Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1981 merc marquis brougham + GMGT rebirth!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i swapped engines and trans last spring. its a 1993 mustang HO with GT40P heads, B-303 cam and such lol. and in the vid, im not saying the lope is weird, its that fluttery exhaust flow sound the camera mic pics up. it sounds better in person lol

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
    1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
    1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
    2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
    2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

So, I have been working up a 2013 list for GMGT. But, the trans is the biggest hit to the wallet.

To do:
      Speedo cable and gear
      Fix fuel gauge(it died when being put into storage)
      New rims
      Speedway springs for each corner
      Transmission
      Bigger trans cooler
      Remove tail pipes and put back side exit exhaust

I made a call to lentech automatics today and spoke to a gentleman, who gave me an idea on what I need and how much it will cost. The only thing I have to think about, is if I want to go wide ratio or not. Its roughly a $400 option. The trans I will be prolly getting is a street terminator with ''11 non lock-up converter, billit one piece shaft, best of the best internal parts and street terminator valve body(electronic OD lock out).

Also, these are the wheels I will be getting.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	crr-398_w.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	1270532

I have been saving up money like crazy and working lots of hours, after I got GMGT on the road, couple years back. Now I can finally do whats needed to this car.

Comment

You said the FM40's were too long for side exits, sounds like you need some 10 series

Actually I think Spintech Super Pro Street (9000 series) sound better, look those up if you've never heard of them.
        88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
        Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

The mufflers are too long, if you use mandrel bent 90* elbows for the side exits. But, after doing some messurments, I may pull it off. What i need to do, is get a pair of miter cut/welded 90* elbows. If I do this, the tips will land flush in front of the rear wheel opening. It will look good. I wish I thought of this before lol. I would go with the 10 series but, they would be too loud. But, these spintech muffs are interesting...

Comment

Oh hot damn, them mufflers sound good I would have to find something a notch quieter though lol

Comment

I think the Super Pro Streets are the shortest street Spintech mufflers they have that'll fit with the side exits, I think the Pro Streets are about as long as the FM40's.
              88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
              Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

Its something I would have to think about last. All depends on if I have any money left over or not lol

Comment

Are you still going to put your other rides up for sale?
                  '79 Continental Town Car
                  '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                  '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

I had a PM conversation with the guy from this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLUPA...8I3ODzQvRN7sNw and he said the drone was minimal but it was a bit loud and recommended the pro-streets, not the super-pro streets. Said it wasn't too loud at idle, sounded like evil at full throttle, and didn't drone.

Take that for what it's worth, but they may well be my last muffler after finding the flowmaster 40 knockoffs a bit too bassy and droney.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
                    160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
                    waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Originally posted by 79lincolnlover View Post
                      Are you still going to put your other rides up for sale?
                      Yea, they will be at some point. Untill I find a suitable replacement, nothing will change though. So far, I only have taken interest in one '97 town car.

Originally posted by johnunit View Post
                      I had a PM conversation with the guy from this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLUPA...8I3ODzQvRN7sNw and he said the drone was minimal but it was a bit loud and recommended the pro-streets, not the super-pro streets. Said it wasn't too loud at idle, sounded like evil at full throttle, and didn't drone.

Take that for what it's worth, but they may well be my last muffler after finding the flowmaster 40 knockoffs a bit too bassy and droney.
                      This is interesting. They seem to be a much more refined muffler, from what I can gather of you tube and teh interwebz. You interested in some new custom bent tail pipes? lol

Comment

Also, most s/c cars are going to be much louder than their n/a counterparts. So the Spintechs might not be so bad with GMGT. That's an impressive list; more so what you have done to that car already.

Packman

Comment

Well, I have been checking out some youtube vids for comparison. I dident even know they existed lol. And yea, the list is needed. The car is still fun but, the engine feels robbed at low RPMs. So, time for goodies. And plus, the money is always an issue. Im sure many can relate lol. But, I have saved up enough for this list so, its time to shop

Comment

I dident know they make this

Click image for larger version

Name:	3393XR90C.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	12.7 KB
ID:	1270548

Spintech Mufflers, High Performance Exhaust, Spintech Street and Race Mufflers, Performance Exhaust, Oval Exhaust, Low Profile Mufflers

I wonder what they sound like?

Comment

Spintechs sond AWESOME.
                              1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                              Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

sweet!
                                skippy wants new side exit exhaust on his 90 vic this summer.......the current side exit system is full of patches and i had to eliminate the h from the h pipe cause it blew out and there wasnt much there to patch to.

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                                2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                                1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                                1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                                2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                                1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Working...
                                X