Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1981 merc marquis brougham + GMGT rebirth!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very nice man!!
    1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - Current - June 2016 POTM Winner
    1996 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
    1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
    1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 2dr - Long gone

Comment

I need to find me one of those early Merc grilles. I love how they look.
      2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
      2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
      2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
      1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Ebay has a few. Probably would be cheaper for you, because of shipping. But yes, I do agree. The later ones seem too plain.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
        1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
        1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
        2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
        2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Did you get those fender vents on ebay too?

Comment

Yep! Still looking for more stuff too like, turn signal and wiper stalk. Also waiting to hear from a member with the rocker trim. Right now, I need to figure out how to pick up a bumper in the states. The company will not ship to kanadia.

Comment

Wonder what's in the boxes?! I can haz lowering 2door? also, what's not pictured, more ender vents. 2 sets in total. This way I have a spare set
              Attached Files

Comment

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
                ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
                Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Love watching parts pile up lol. Also got a suntune vac gauge and multi-function gauge. Not going to use this thing but, it was cheap. Just waiting for the suntune electronic gauges to arrive from sly. I have some ideas floating around for mounting in the car. Read that how you want
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by marquisman View Post
                    Love watching parts pile up lol. Also got a suntune vac gauge and multi-function gauge. Not going to use this thing but, it was cheap. Just waiting for the suntune electronic gauges to arrive from sly. I have some ideas floating around for mounting in the car. Read that how you want
                    TMI, but it sounds like a good plan is coming together.

Packman

Comment

That's because, I hired...
                      Attached Files

Comment

Just paid over the phone for the rocker trim. Working on getting it shipped. Also, have a front bumper located. Also working on shipping for it. Things are coming together nice!

Comment

Is the front bumper off my car ?

Comment

No. The one I have coming does not have the rub strip and is for the '80-'81 only cars(has vent slots). If they did not have the rub strips, I would have bough the rear bumper.

Comment

Those gauges are 80s kitsch at their finest. And shipping from 'murica for a bumper, you're a more dedicated man than me I think.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
                              160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
                              waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Very 80s indeed. I have two of them in the box. Want one? lol. I will be using the other ones that sly sold me. They are 80s performance! lol. I am very dedicated in general. The parts coming from cali actually, are not expensive to ship. The bumper, it would be killer. But, they don't even ship to Canada. Good thing, I know a guy who's parents have a place in north Carolina I have saved a lot of pennies over the years for this car. Timing and availability were the only remaining factors.

Comment

Working...
                                X