Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1981 merc marquis brougham + GMGT rebirth!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well im glad to be able to give an update but, i regret to inform you that i dident have a camera lol. the guy took some pics for me and will e-mail em to me. anywho, its commin along nice. the car was sanded down to bare metal and the hood, front fender, ds door and trunk are primed on the outside and the pass side is ready to be primed. also, the rear quarter has been cut out and waiting for the new one. the trunk lid and doors still need to come off and get their seams sandblasted and primed completly. now, once the doors come off and the trunk, the rest of the car can be primed in the door jams and such. also, the ds door needs new hindges since the look buggered up. now i need to get new door window seals and dew wipes lol

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
    1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
    1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
    2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
    2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

get a pair of hinges mang......i already replaced the pins and bushings on the ds hinges back in 2004 down in atlanta one time......4 doors use the same hinges

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
      2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
      1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
      1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
      2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
      1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Fore dew wipes just check my signature and for window channel moldings "window seals" I will be purchasing WC 21-96 from this website: http://www.metrommp.com/ based on discussions found in this thread: http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthread.php?t=59201

To find the item on that website just press "Online Catalog" then "Part Type" then "Window channels and sweepers" and scroll down a bit.

They give free samples (I have gotten a free sample from them with no hassle whatsoever) so if you see something you want to try just ask them. Good Luck. I havent ordered mine yet...But I am hoping for the best.
        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

i notice most of the glass channel needs to be cemented into place, i rather find exact fit stuff but, it is a good site

Comment

Where does it say anything about adhering it into the window channel?? I want to know as well.
            ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

shit, went it the wrong thing lol. so WC 21-96 is the stuff for our panthers? and 96'' is plenty for one door?

Comment

Originally posted by marquisman View Post
                shit, went it the wrong thing lol. so WC 21-96 is the stuff for our panthers? and 96'' is plenty for one door?
                I am counting on it to be the right stuff. It looks like that JcWhitney pieces that was discontinued and others have said it worked good in comparable cars..LTDs and such. That is what I will be getting.

96 inches is plenty for one two door door. I have a NOS drivers side window channel molding and it measured in around 85 inches so you should be safe.
                ~David~

Comment

well, order it, install it, then let me know lol it will be a bit till i will need this stuff since the car is still in for paint. and thanks for your help with this!

Comment

If I install it before you I will let you know. I am waiting on paint to install mine as well.
                    ~David~

Comment

ha, a 2door vic and merc in resto stages...pure awsome!

Comment

well good news! i remebered my camera when i went to drop off a set of door hinges for GMGT. the sad news is that the pics arnt good since i couldent get good shots and was in a hurry but, he he is on the last stages of body work.

the trunk lid is all fixed up!

the drivers door has been fixed up on the lip seam and you reall cant see the back of the car but, the rear quarter is off and the new NOS one is ready to go on.

the pass side door is fixed and ready to go back on the car

the roof jus needs to be primed. the only thing im waiting for is the new header panel. other than that, the car will be ready for paint by the end of next week.

i cant wait to get this bad boy back and re-assemble him. i also picked up the glass for the car and will take to a guy to tint them for me. it is faster, easier and cheaper this way and better for me and my schedule. the thing that im behind on is the headliner. i think im gonna go with a swade material that is the same color as the seats. all in all, everything is commin together and the last thing to do is look at paint chips lol.

Comment

NICE!
                          "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
                          1985 GMC 1500

Comment

thanks! the guy taking on this project does good work and works as much as he can on it week to week, so i give him lots of credit. another bonus is his place is just up the road from work and down the other road from the shop i use for my cars. this is good since i dont have to truck the car around from shop to shop

Comment

Location is everything!!
                              '79 Continental Town Car
                              '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                              '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

I am all tingly inside. Getting there!
                                ~David~

Comment

Working...
                                X