My freebies! ('96 MN-12 and Isuzu)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My freebies! ('96 MN-12 and Isuzu)

I'm bored, so I went and took some pics. Sorry for the no sunlight.

First, the 'Zu:

Since having it, I replaced the rear u-joint and added a couple cans of R-134a for some ice cold AC. It's got a 2.3L four banger rated at 90 horsepower. It's soooooooo slow. But, it's reliable and unkillable. I still plan to replace it with the cougar in a couple weeks, though.

Now, the Cougar:

Engine shot following a very thorough cleaning and an updated intake manifold I scored at the junkyard last weekend. Only took about 2 hours for R+R.

The interior, which was insanely disgusting when I got it. I removed everything, and laid the carpet on my garbage can and turned the garden hose on it, with many bottles of carpet cleaner. It's still spotty, but before it looked like the entire carpet had been dyed with coca-cola.

The exterior. Hard to see in the pictures, but the once red paint is pretty much faded to pink. Also hard to see is that the hood looks like it fell victimm to a whale's mating ritual. Gotta love the modified rear bumper, though.

2007 F-150 Supercab XLT 4x4
    1997 Jeep Cherokee

Are you going to look for another bumper?
    '79 Continental Town Car
    '90 Crown Victoria LTD
    '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

How, oh HOW did you score those for free???
      1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
      Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Originally posted by 79lincolnlover View Post
        Are you going to look for another bumper?
        Yep. And a hood. It's going to be another junkyard weekend.

Originally posted by Grand_Marquis_GT View Post
        How, oh HOW did you score those for free???
        George just lucky, I guess.

I sold the Impala to the guy who had the Isuzu. I gave him a great deal on the Impala, so I told him to throw in the Isuzu so I could have something to drive. The Cougar came about last week when my buddy was talking to one of his co-workers and said co-worker mentioned he was calling the junkyard to have a car towed out of his driveway. Buddy asked what the car was, he knew I love Fords, badda-bing, saved from the crusher! The Cougar's previous owner knew NOTHING about cars. He told me it didn't run and he had to have it towed back to his house where it sat for 6 months. I stuck a battery in it, added some oil and tranny fluid, and drove it home!

1997 Jeep Cherokee

Comment

Damn.. that cougar is sweet. By far my favourite MN-12 front end. Slap in a new carpet and bumper and it's a pretty mint piece.

Any issues with it? what's the mileage?

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
          160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
          waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Originally posted by johnunit View Post
            Damn.. that cougar is sweet. By far my favourite MN-12 front end. Slap in a new carpet and bumper and it's a pretty mint piece.

Any issues with it? what's the mileage?
            Issues? It ran like ass when I got it, and the original plastic intake, which now resides in the bottom of my garbage can, was pissing coolant from all the usual places. It also leaks oil and tranny fluid... not sure from where. Then there's the crappy paint and the destroyed bumper and hood. Certainly worth what I paid for it, though!

1997 Jeep Cherokee

Comment

Very nice scores.
              ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
              My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
              My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
              But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
              my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Working...
              X