1991 Grand Marquis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 87DeuceVic View Post
    Are you friends with this guy or did you just hear about it? I might be interestred in the sway bar. Is he in Keene?

The chip thing is a myth, if its the 5.0 its just the standard lopo. The box police interceptors (which were P72's) have a stiffer suspension with rear sway bars, oil and trans cooler, dual exhaust, 140 mph speedo, and some had the oil and engine temp gauge (I dont think all of them did). Also some...rather most, had the 351W in them, which was carbed I believe all the way up to 1992.
    I meant I already had a sway bar, the car is at buffums in keene, near the new market basket, I call dibs on the speedo but if there is a sway bar on it you can take it.. cause I gots one. Im venturing up this weekend to see if its still there.
    "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
    1985 GMC 1500

Comment

Originally posted by 91grandmarquis View Post
      I meant I already had a sway bar, the car is at buffums in keene, near the new market basket, I call dibs on the speedo but if there is a sway bar on it you can take it.. cause I gots one. Im venturing up this weekend to see if its still there.
      You can have the speedo lol, I dont really want one in my 87. I been to Buffums many a times, I will have to go tommorro or this weekend and look at this thing.
      -2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor - Daily Driver - 17" Bullitt's, 235/55/17 Goodyear Eagles, Ex-NH State Police, best 1/4 mile time; 15.3 @ 90 mph
      -1987 Crown Victoria 2-Door - Project - 90k miles, Summit chambered muffler, Sunpro gauges, parked since 2010, fate tbd

Comment

Yeah its probably still there because it was new to the yard on monday, It has the gauges too.
        "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
        1985 GMC 1500

Comment

When I bought this car it had alumanized duals, with stock dual mufflers, and all 4 cats. I took it to the local shop and just had the magnaflow xl turbos put on. So its pretty much stock setup, however im going to be switching over to headers and x pipe and 2 high flow cats, plus with the new cam this thing will idle a but rougher and sound really nice. The video does the low rumble no justice though just kinda sounds like wind. Im guessing the pipe size is like 1.5 or 2 inches whatever was stock on this car.
          If its an h-pipe, your probably running the same 2 inch piping as me. I'd suggest taking off the resonators and the back catalytic converters if yours is the same, really make it sound mean.
          79 Grand Marquis

Comment

Heres some pics of my "Kick Ass" sound system, ok the head is junk, but the speakers are very decent without crossovers, The fronts are infinity reference with bass cutting capacitors soldered on, not sure if they make that much of a difference. The rears are infinity reference tri axle speakers with the large cone for bass, centers have a tweeter and mid range speaker. The head is a cheap ass Panasonic that came with the car, and the sub is a Sas Bazooka with built in amp, Its rms is about 150 watts, thats constant power not the max rating wich doesn't actually matter and exists only to sell Sony Xplode amps and subs to Wal-Mart shoppers. My future plans are all alpine system, with external crossovers, and a 5 channel amp, It will push each speaker to 75 watts and the sub at around 300, all constant power, so if those numbers seem low they are not. This also means that each speaker will only play the frequency it can handle, so there will be virtually no distortion. Im thinking that will be next years X-mas gift to me. Anyway enough babbling and heres the current pics.

NJOI!
            1985 GMC 1500

Comment

Ok so what I have planned is to take the accessory lights out and replace them with some blue backlights, Not sure how visible it will be but I assume it should be good. Im going to do somewhat the same with the other gauge box.

It has gauges for oil psi, Engine temp, and battery... Any ideas on how those wire up or if I can use it, Figured Id grab it just in case.

Anyway heres some pics.

The last one is going to require some cleaning...

Anyway hopefully she looks good when all is said and done.
              1985 GMC 1500

Comment

that gauge box makes the gauges look cleaner than just having a bracket for them. id like to find one of em.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Nice...and I never seen that type of gauge set up.

These are the only ones I knew of:

Originally posted by neums
                  These are all factory installed guages:

1982 in a "pod" on top of the dash. I've also seen them attach that same pod under the lip of the dash in front of the clock.

1985-1987

Also 1985-1987 when ordered with radio delete.

1988-1989

1990-1991 with temp. guage as part of the instrument cluster.
                  ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                  My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                  My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                  But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                  my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Yeah I am assuming that these are aftermarket as they don't seem to be a factory installment plus it was wired in uhh Really well? Im looking forward to getting everythng cleaned up, May dye the box to interior color on the gauge box. It was installed with Sheetrock screws, Sigh..... Also looking forward to blue back lighting, anyone know were I can get those bulbs cheaper than 3 dollars for 2 bulbs, I don't want to drop 30 bucks on lights, especially when I payed 50 for all the gauges.
                    1985 GMC 1500

Comment

As far as the gauges....both will work no problem...but for water and oil you will need the senders that were on the car.

I paid a fortune for my 6 194 5light leds so I am definitely the wrong person to ask.
                      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I am running mechanical Sunpro gauges in my 87, no senders no electronic bullshit.
                        -2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor - Daily Driver - 17" Bullitt's, 235/55/17 Goodyear Eagles, Ex-NH State Police, best 1/4 mile time; 15.3 @ 90 mph
                        -1987 Crown Victoria 2-Door - Project - 90k miles, Summit chambered muffler, Sunpro gauges, parked since 2010, fate tbd

Comment

How do they read anything then? I know mechanically but how does that work?
                          1985 GMC 1500

Comment

Ok installing the rear anti sway bar on Saturday, and maybe some work on the dash? Uhh this may sound retarded but the sway bar is mounted with the curved part down right?
                            1985 GMC 1500

Comment

How do they read anything then? I know mechanically but how does that work?
                              The engine temp gauge uses a probe like a thermometer and works like a thermometer (obviously not the digital ones), I installed it in place of the factory overheat sensor in the intake manifold. For the oil gauge you run an oil line up to the gauge and it manually measures PSI. And the volt just hooks up to the alternator? I think, not sure though cuz that ones not hooked up yet But its just more straight forward and its also more old skool.
                              Last edited by 87DeuceVic; 02-10-2010, 10:34 PM.

Comment

Gotcha. Thanks.
                                1985 GMC 1500

Comment

Working...
                                X