No announcement yet.

1990 Crown Victoria Station Wagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My company is based on the sale and disposal of industrial cleaning solutions, but thanks for the suggestion. I may use it for the small things.
    2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
    1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
    1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

My route is local today so I took my lunch to tinker with the wagon a bit. I set the timing to 12* BTDC and let it idle a few minutes longer to burn a little more of the dust off the engine and boil some fuel out of the exhaust. It idled perfectly fine with no surging at all. I was both surprised and pleased. Tonight I'm going to go ahead and swap in the aluminum driveshaft since it's already on jackstands, then I'm going to scrub the fawk out of it, install the air box and hose, and possibly do the 3G swap. Trying to decide whether I would rather do the full exhaust first or lower it. I think I'm going to lower it before I do the exhaust- no point drawing attention to it before it at least looks good, right?
      2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.

Comment

May be easier to do the exhaust before you lower it though...
        1984 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murphmobile (RIP)
        1985 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murph Deuce (SOLD)
        1978 Chevrolet Caprice Classic, The Crapiece (current project)

Comment

How do you figure?

Comment

noice, glad to hear you got her running. cant wait to see the progress

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
            1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
            1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
            2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
            2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Okay. The cleaning took A LOT longer than I expected. My little brother and I spent almost two hours scrubbing the whole car, not including any door jambs. I did get to clean out almost all of the leaves from the engine bay and blast the engine with a pressure nozzle on the garden hose. It looks a whole lot better, but the jambs are still in bad shape and the white area of the cowl needs a thorough scrubbing.

I also replaced the coolant temp sensor and the intake charge temp sensor just to help things smooth out a bit and they seemed to help it a lot. The old air sensor was well beyond crusty. Additionally, I installed the newer air box, but I was having trouble locating the washer reservoir. I'll need to dig around for more details on that; I have a feeling I have the wrong bottle.

There's more but I forgot the rest.

Comment

Just picked up some '08 Mustang 18s with tires. Will unfortunately be another week or two before I can get the spacers to install them, though.

Comment

PICS!!
                  ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                  My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                  My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                  But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                  my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Soon, man. Promised my fiancee no more car work through the weekend, so won't have any updates for a little while.

The wheels have some curb rash but for the price I'm satisfied with what I got.

Comment

A customer just gave me a FRPP E303 camshaft free.

Comment

I cant wait to see this thing built! What heads do you plan on running, e7 or trying for gt40s?
                        sigpic
                        1986 Crown Victoria 302 Cold Air,Mac Shorty headers, Full Dual Exhaust with Super Forty Flows, Wagon Suspension with a Full Sound System Replacement 1/4 time 17.486 @ 77.43mph

Comment

I have a set of P heads sitting on the floorboard of my F150. Just need new valve springs and FRPP headers.

Comment

Originally posted by Freshmeat View Post
                            A customer just gave me a FRPP E303 camshaft free.
                            use that to hit someone over the head and steal their good camshaft. E cam is a bit too soggy on the bottom end
                            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

My transmission has a 3.97:1 first gear- it won't be in the bottom end that much.

If I really don't like it I'll just push to have the new motor ready, but after seeing a dyno chart of a stock E7 motor with an E cam I'm going to try it out.

Comment

I just ordered the 1.5" spacers to fit the 18s to the car. I shouldn't have done it yet, but until it's on good tires there's really no point even thinking about doing anything else to it. That's my justification and I'm sticking to it.

Just means absolutely no more buying for a couple more weeks.

Comment

Working...
                                X