No announcement yet.

1990 Crown Victoria Station Wagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Took a personal day off work. I wonder how much stuff I can get done in one day...
    2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
    1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
    1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

I cleaned out the inside a good bit, as well as organized the cabin area. I found that water has been getting into it, but luckily there is minimal, almost no, mold/mildew. I left the doors open most of the day to help it air out.

I also climbed through the interior and pulled the tailgate panel to figure out why it wo 't open. I discovered a seized lock actuator so I pulled it to gain entry into the cargo area. I found five wasp nests in the hinges and inside the gate. I hit everything with WD-40 because it's all I had. I'll go back with Aerokroil later for a better lubrication. I was glad to have the gate opening both ways, but it will definitely need a new cable soon.

I also swapped to a 3G alternator using a really baller kit from a guy on Corral. I'll have to post pictures. It's bad ass.

Finally, I swapped for the '90 TC fan shroud with the overflow bottle mounted to it. Now I just need to figure out the washer fluid reservoir and I'll be finished with the updated air box assembly.

Progress is slow, but definitely steady. I look forward to getting it where I want it!
      2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.

Comment

nice to hear this project is going forward

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
        1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
        1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
        2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
        2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Thanks, man. The wheel spacers shipped out today. Should be able to mount up the 18s this weekend. I'm really looking forward to that! Tomorrow I'm going to change the oil and hopefully install the newer aluminum driveshaft. If there's enough light I'll try to get pictures of its current progress.

Comment

92 and up panther Vic and Grand Marq should fit. It did in mine. One little bolt into an existing hole and then I made a bracket for the front mounting hole. If you wanna see it just click my sig pic and on the first page there is a directory to the major changes of my car. The inner fender upgrade is one of them.

ahh screw that here it is http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showpost...&postcount=258
            ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
            My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
            My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
            But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
            my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

looking foward to seeing the wheels put on. glad you got it running woody mang

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
              302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
              k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

I used a longer bolt and a piece of plastic tube from something as a spacer for the front bolt on my washer bottle.
                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

The 18s are mounted up. I also pulled the aluminum trim from around the wheel wells. Just need to clean up everything since there was 20 years of grime built up under the trim. I'm going to try to mount up the washer fluid reservoir in a bit.

What can I do to retain the washer fluid level sensor? The new bottle doesn't have provisions for one.

Comment

I didnt bother hooking mine up..I dont even recall my stock reservoir having one, though the harness was there for it. If you care all that much about it I am sure you can cut the entire thing out and jb weld it into a new hole in the new washer fluid reservoir. Is there a light or something in the dash to warn you about low fluid? I never seen it.
                    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I don't think it has a light. I'll check at some point.

I rolled down the driver window today and when it got to the bottom the motor decided to seize. It wasn't the bushings, either- it just froze. I replaced the bushings in the old driver window motor from the '89 but as it turns out, Ford changed the motors in 05/89 so they wouldn't fit. A quick $50 at Auto Zone for a Dorman motor and I was set.

I then figured out how to remove the driver door lock cylinder because the cylinder doesn't unlock the door- hasn't since my dad bought the car. The plastic piece that attaches the lock rod to the cylinder is destroyed. I'll try to nab one at the junk yard this weekend unless someone knows where I can get a new one.

It's coming along. Slowly but surely. I have two packs of nylon window motor bushings and the metal bushings someone put into the motor that died today. Not sure whether they're okay to use or if they maybe caused the motor failure today.

I also have almost all the parts to do a full P-headed HO swap with catless dual 2.5" and a Taurus fan, but I want to make sure I'm doing it right this time. Seems ghetto to put that much work into the motor without making sure everything else functions properly first.

Today I was having trouble with something binding while I was backing up. I don't know if the brakes were grabbing or what. It didn't happen moving forward. All I know that changed was the install of the wheels, but I can't imagine they were making things bind up.

Either way, it's progressing, however slowly. I'm having a blast playing with it and my dad is enjoying helping out when he can- my brother, too. It's good stuff!

Comment

I am still parting out my 83 wagon if ya need any parts let me know
                        sigpic
                        1986 Crown Victoria 302 Cold Air,Mac Shorty headers, Full Dual Exhaust with Super Forty Flows, Wagon Suspension with a Full Sound System Replacement 1/4 time 17.486 @ 77.43mph

Comment

Glad you enjoying the progress so far mang

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
                          302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
                          k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

I dont think there is a level sensor option for later wash tanks, though if I find out there is a later style one with the level, I want to know about it so I can hook mine back up.
                            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

PICS!!!

2007 F-150 Supercab XLT 4x4
                              1997 Jeep Cherokee

Comment

I'll get some soon enough. Need to buckle down and get my Explorer back together so I can catch the trail ride on the 21st.

Comment

Working...
                                X