No announcement yet.

1990 Crown Victoria Station Wagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Took a few minutes today and did the zip tie throttle cable fix. I gained a full two inches of pedal travel!! I figured it was stretched but had no clue it was that bad. It accelerates a whole lot better now!
    2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
    1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
    1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

Originally posted by Freshmeat View Post
      thanks everyone! Looooong way from finished but it's come quite a ways from the first post!

What's wrong with the wheels? I really wanted F150 20s but couldn't find a set at a decent price.
      Ahah, nothing is wrong with them, they look good, just not something I would put on my car. Don't take it personal because your car looks great.
      "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
      1985 GMC 1500

Comment

No offense taken, man. Just wondering what it is you'd run instead. I really like the look of the 18s on this car. Pretty much everyone who sees it says it sits just right. I even had someone stop by to tell me they think it's a beautiful car.

This one is leaps and bounds ahead of that '89 I had. I've been putting in lots of time into the little details to make sure it's not a POS before I do the engine work. It's come a long way for sure, but still needs just sooo much work...
        2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.

Comment

No offense taken, man. Just wondering what it is you'd run instead. I really like the look of the 18s on this car. Pretty much everyone who sees it says it sits just right. I even had someone stop by to tell me they think it's a beautiful car.

This one is leaps and bounds ahead of that '89 I had. I've been putting in lots of time into the little details to make sure it's not a POS before I do the engine work. It's come a long way for sure, but still needs just sooo much work...
          I just am not a huge fan of spokes is all, like the machined look instead. I think that car is quite nice, and the stance is killer.
          "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
          1985 GMC 1500

Comment

I ordered the odometer gears on Sunday and they already arrived today. I have the original (85mph) speedometer cluster from the car so I pulled the odometer and tripmeter and installed the new gears. I broke one of the plastic pieces but thanks to a quick trip to Walgreen's and a tube of Krazy Glue, all is well.

Hopefully soon I'll be able to pull the cluster out of the car and install the repaired odometers.

Comment

Very nice!!!! My mom's CV was pointed to the sky when I changed the rears B4 changing the front springs. I don't think I'll ever go back to stock; especially with the highway float/drifting that it used to do, very scary. Wait, are you building a 351W for that car or are you doing a mod'd Explorer engine?

Packman

Comment

Me likey! The wheels look good, and it really looks good without the roof rack too. I've thought about ditching mine but I actually use it on occasion. The smooth look of your wagon makes me want to ditch the woodgrain on mine even sooner.

1984 Grand Marquis GS - CFI-SEFI conversion, Explorer 302, GT40 intakes, GT40P heads, 1.7 roller rockers, HO Cam, ASP Underdrive Pulley, 2.5" Dual exhaust, Flowmaster Delta 50 mufflers, 3.55 Trac-Lock, Rear disk's, Moog cargo coils, ES rear poly bushings, PI front and rear sway bars, 3G alt., Mark VIII fan, custom Auto-meter dash
                1990 Crown Victoria Country Squire - Explorer 302, HO cam, dual exhaust, 3.55 Trac-Lock, PI rear sway bar (SOLD)
                1982 LTD Wagon (R.I.P.) -|-1984 Grand Marquis LS(R.I.P.)

Comment

Thanks guys!

For now I am throwing some P heads (and etc.) on the 302, but I have a 351 to build once we're settled into the new house. It'll be a while, though, which is why I plan to move forward with the P install for now.

Comment

The odometer and tripmeter work again!! Going to fill up the tank tomorrow so I can finally get an idea on what kind of mileage I'm getting.

Comment

The heads are in the shop getting new springs, locks, retainers, and seals installed. They're also doing a 3-angle valve job just to be safe. Trying to find a good short block so I can assemble the motor outside of the car but not having any luck. May find an unused pre-owned 331 kit and build a motor myself. We'll see.

Comment

Took a few minutes today and did the zip tie throttle cable fix.

I've done a few searches and cannot come up with what this is? Maybe I need to do it to mine.. but I first need to know what it is.

Thanks

Mike J.
                        1990 Country Squire LX .... Rolling around 220k miles Man is she Sweet to me.
                        1976 Lincoln Continental .... 55k miles and loaded with Smiles !!!
                        1990 LTD Crown Victoria Wagon .... "Fresh" project

A parking lot \ barn full of Non-GMN related vehicles.

Comment

Working...
                        X