Insomniac391's Lucky #6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insomniac391's Lucky #6

Well.... I'm glad I finally bought a car that I could put in the Reader's Rides section again. I've been talking about getting a new car for a while and I didnt think it was going to happen, but now here it is, took my time and found a great car I'll enjoy, and I bet none of you saw this one coming.

Anyway, here it is.

1980 Bill Blass Lincoln Continental Mark VI

It has a 351 Cleveland, digital dash, key-less entry, and some comfortable ass leather seats. besides that everything is pretty typical of a lincoln, rides like a dream, engine is quieter than my moms civic, and everything is in working order. Only problem is its a Cleveland, so it leaks a little oil, but besides that its the finest car I've ever been in. Also has a little rust below the rear taillights and some of the trim on the right side is crooked, but all that will be fixed in a week. I'll post better pics as soon as I get it home and it stops raining. I'll be picking it up Tuesday.

Originally posted by insomniac391 View Post

It has a 351 Cleveland.
    Uh, are you sure about that? It should be a 351 windsor, do you have an engine pic to verify?

Comment

YAY ITS MADE BY FORD!!!!!

looks good
      Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
      New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

Originally posted by Outlaw440 View Post
        Uh, are you sure about that? It should be a 351 windsor, do you have an engine pic to verify?
        thats what the guy told me, and i dont know enough to say other wise. He wasnt sure either though. As far as i understood though the Continental Mark VIs came with a 302, but the designer cars had different available packages. How can you tell the difference between a 351 Windsor and a 351 Cleveland?

Edit: also when he told me it leaked oil i figured it was a Cleveland.

Comment

These pics are crappy but,

You can see the Cleveland valve cover is bigger, and the cylinder head on the exhaust side extends past the edge of the valve cover.

A windsor will look just like a 302 more or less

Comment

Originally posted by Outlaw440 View Post
            These pics are crappy but,

You can see the Cleveland valve cover is bigger, and the cylinder head on the exhaust side extends past the edge of the valve cover.

A windsor will look just like a 302 more or less

hmmm, I'll have to wait till i get it home cause i cant remember what it looks like at the moment.

Comment

if its a 1980, its gonna be a windsor my friend. lol anyway, glad to see you with another ford product but, id never think you whould buy a lincoln, mark VI to say the least. nice car, nice find and welcome to the MARK VI club bro!

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
              1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
              1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
              2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
              2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Good looking car. There is one just like it by my house.
                ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by marquisman View Post
                  if its a 1980, its gonna be a windsor my friend. lol anyway, glad to see you with another ford product but, id never think you whould buy a lincoln, mark VI to say the least. nice car, nice find and welcome to the MARK VI club bro!
                  lol damn, now i feel like a jackass and thats going to bother the hell out of me, knowing i have the wrong info in my post, o well.

lol Thanks, didnt think I'd buy one either but I just couldnt pass this one up. Now that I have a nice luxury car i can cut up my Caprice and turn it into a track car.
                  Last edited by insomniac391; 01-24-2010, 06:38 PM.

Comment

i say it has a windsor since in 1980 that was the standard engine for the MARK VI lol anywho, go easy with the saw on the caprice lol

Comment

i say it has a windsor since in 1980 that was the standard engine for the MARK VI lol anywho, go easy with the saw on the caprice lol
                      I know, my mistake. I'm just going to take out all the electrical BS like power windows and such, and put some racing buckets upfront, maybeeee take out the backseats and some other stuff.

Comment

W3RD UP! now that you have a nice MARK VI, ill never end up winning POTM lol

Comment

When you get a chance can you take a picture of the bottom door weatherstripping for me please?
                          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                          my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

W3RD UP! now that you have a nice MARK VI, ill never end up winning POTM lol
                            lol, IMO opinion I shouldn't get nominated until I put some work into it myself, although I do have a lot of money left over so that may be soon.

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                            When you get a chance can you take a picture of the bottom door weatherstripping for me please?
                            lol, yea. lmao, it could only be you who would ask for something like that, Ill have it up by Wednesday night
                            Last edited by insomniac391; 01-24-2010, 07:46 PM.

Comment

Damn, what a nice find! Do tell what you have planned for this? Are you going to just restore it or mod it out some? I'd like to get a hold of one, but money is just not there...

sigpic
                              - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

Working...
                              X