1986 MGM CP LS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1986 MGM CP LS

Well, i finally got around to takin more pics of woodie.I luv the car,maybe its cuz its 24 and im 29,maybe cuz i learned how to drive in a 1984 Lincoln TC that btw is still in the family, along with a 70's ford ltd two door?Big fuckin car long ass hell.And its just plain cool to drive. I'm thinkin i may keep it after all!!!Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 028.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	162.7 KB
ID:	1296474

Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 029.jpg
Size:	127.6 KB
ID:	1296475

Name:	Picture 030.jpg
Size:	170.4 KB
ID:	1296476

Name:	Picture 031.jpg
Size:	78.0 KB
ID:	1296477

Name:	Picture 032.jpg
Size:	113.4 KB
ID:	1296478

Name:	Picture 033.jpg
Size:	167.9 KB
ID:	1296479

Name:	Picture 034.jpg
Size:	170.8 KB
ID:	1296480

Name:	Picture 035.jpg
Size:	129.1 KB
ID:	1296481

Name:	Picture 036.jpg
Size:	85.6 KB
ID:	1296482

Name:	Picture 037.jpg
Size:	115.6 KB
ID:	1296483
    1986 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park A.K.A "Christine"TRADED.......Gone to a better home hopefully.

2009 Ford Taurus SEL New DD

more pics

Name:	Picture 038.jpg
Size:	109.6 KB
ID:	1260248

Name:	Picture 039.jpg
Size:	88.8 KB
ID:	1260249

Name:	Picture 040.jpg
Size:	138.6 KB
ID:	1260250

Name:	Picture 041.jpg
Size:	136.9 KB
ID:	1260251

Name:	Picture 042.jpg
Size:	154.8 KB
ID:	1260252

Name:	Picture 043.jpg
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	1260253

Name:	Picture 044.jpg
Size:	109.7 KB
ID:	1260254

Name:	Picture 045.jpg
Size:	116.2 KB
ID:	1260255

Name:	Picture 046.jpg
Size:	144.3 KB
ID:	1260256

Name:	Picture 047.jpg
Size:	104.5 KB
ID:	1260257
    1986 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park A.K.A "Christine"TRADED.......Gone to a better home hopefully.

Comment

even more

Luv this car!!!! One visible rust spot and car was hit on pass side.driver seat is ripped and the dash pad is shot. I would like to know sum ways to free up sum power on a small budget.

Name:	Picture 048.jpg
Size:	103.6 KB
ID:	1260258

Name:	Picture 049.jpg
Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	1260259

Comment

Looking good man. I bet it cleans up really nice, it looks to be in good nick.

You want to free up power? The easiest ways:

- lose weight...anything unnecessary...if your local laws permit, removal of the smog pump and if you don't mind losing it, the a/c compressor, which run off of the same belt...removing the catalytic converters also depends on local laws but would free up a few pounds, and leads into the next point

- let more exhaust out - your car probably has the stock single exhaust, which is merging the two banks of exhaust into a single flow by way of a Y pipe. the most common dual exhaust setup is to replace that Y pipe with a H pipe and run two mufflers and tailpipes. 10hp there maybe. like i mentioned about the cats, you can take those out if you're allowed by local law. there are 2 on each side between the y pipe and exhaust manifolds on the motor. new heads would flow better and let more exhaust out as well.

- let more air/fuel in - bigger throttle body, intake, heads, injectors... search HO upgrade, everything is covered there.

think of the engine like a big air pump. try breathing a lot of air through a straw, then a bigger straw, or try two straws.
        Last edited by 1990LTD; 02-11-2010, 03:46 PM.
        sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

She does look gud clean,altho she could stand for a paint job!!!!! But when i do clean her,we turn heads. I dont miss the reg face tire at all,the white walls are harder to keep clean but i love the look!!!

Comment

a black merc wagon...pure sexy. get some tinted windows on that bad boy lol. it looks good. with a little TLC with the interior and fix the pass side, it will look awsome. also, try getting your self a bottle of nu-finnish polish and bring back the paint so it will look decent toll you get a repaint. you got the same color interior as mine as well....

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
            1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
            1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
            2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
            2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Actually,i have duals.I think there is a pic of em.Nu- Finish huh? Is that the stuff in the orange bottle?

Comment

Nice wagon!
                '79 Continental Town Car
                '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Thanx!!!! I hope to start her as a project soon. I will post pics soon as i do things,tint,audio upgrade and maybe sum stang gt wheels! I saw a couple on here wit em and they r hot.I also wanna upgrade the exhaust,but dont want anything too loud.

Comment

These aren't too loud, magnaflow xl turbos. I like the wagon, I would use some 3m imperial hand glaze, works wonders, especially on darker colors.
                    "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
                    1985 GMC 1500

Comment

I like those pipes!! Did u c any hp or mileage increases from em? Altho i would like mine to have just a tad more rumble (if thats the correct word im lookin for).Deeper almost,i luv the turn downs also.

Comment

Those are just the tale pipes, no tips or anything, did notice it got out of its own way better, A little HP gain as the internals of the muffler is pretty much an open void, the 4 cats keep her quiet. Actually mileage went down. (I like the sound so much I find myself stomping the pedal from a stop). I drive much more aggressively now. They do have more rumble, the vid doesn't do much justice, ill see if I can get a better one this weekend when I install the sway bar, However they sound stock for the first month or so, then they open up a bit, its been 2 months now and Ive gotten a lot of compliments, and have a nice rumble around the higher rpm, 40mph and 20mph if your running stock gears. Definitely roar if you open her up though especially with a load.
                        "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
                        1985 GMC 1500

Comment

Man im jealous and cant wait!!!Are u gonna keep ur GM stock on the exterior? IMHO it looks kick ass, kinda wanna keep mine stock as possible

Comment

In my RR theres some pictures of my summer rims, thats about it though, I kinda want to see if I can build a custom grille as well, plus some HID lights. The interior is just going to have blue lights behind everything, Im also doing the HO conversion to get some more ponies, Other than that it will look stock, but the rims do change it a lot.
                            1985 GMC 1500

Comment

I like the blue idea,wouldnt mind having that myself. Definitely want the HO. Wat does that entail exactly? And our cars can run HID??? Sweet

Comment

Working...
                              X