No announcement yet.

1986 Ford Crown Victoria

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you like that steering wheel cover?
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I really like your car... A lot.

And another option for the tips was trans am tips. There is one member whos name escapes me, who has trans am tips on a vic and they look good.
      "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
      1985 GMC 1500

Comment

Originally posted by Georges86 View Post
        I am going to paint up the diff cover sometime soon for sure
        Btw, the later crown vics the aeros, have aluminum diff covers. So they clean up really nice, you can make them shine real nice, or paint them, and it'll look really smooth.

Comment

Dude I love that steering wheel cover! Plus at Wal-Mart, it was either that or Hello-Kitty so...... haha

Thanks man, thats an honor considering how just purely awesome your car is. I'll have to look into those tips

An aluminum diff cover sounds sweet!

George
          1986 Mercury Grand Marquis "5.0" (160,000)

2011 Ford Crown Victoria "4.6" (54,000)

2015 Jeep Wrangler JK Willys "3.6" (48,000)

Comment

must be after 93... the rear diff on my wife's 93 is rusted solid. The fill plug won't budge at all and I'm afraid to take the cover off due to the sheer amount of rust on it. The entire rear axle is just about the same rust color. The underside of the rest of the car isn't much better either.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
            Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Yikes. Well mine is just surface stuff, the fill plug came off really easily.

Now I kinda wanna upgrade to some 3.55's..... Oh man it never ends! :smirk:

Im also looking for some HO swap stuff, got anything? PM me

George

Comment

I have some HO swap stuff I would be willing to part with because I want to build a 351 for my car. Your car isn't EFI though so would the upper be the same?
                "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
                1985 GMC 1500

Comment

I have SEFI, its an '86. First year for It I think.

George

Comment

Well What I have is an HO Upper intake and an extra lower, some gt40 heads, and an 86 HO cam. If you are interested just PM me about anything. The heads are supposed to have only 6k miles on them and a set of comp cam e86 springs, I cannot verify this because I have not used them or got them checked out yet, however the guy who sold them to me ran a mustang shop out west and knew what he was talking about.
                    1985 GMC 1500

Comment

PM Sent to you.

Thanks, George

Comment

that was a nice price on exhaust!
                        back in the late 90's when i worked at meineke, we would do custom duals for 300, and we were the cheapest around town

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                        2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                        1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                        1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                        2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                        1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Well, I changed the oil today since it was so nice out.

Quaker State Conventional 10W-30, 5qt Jug, 10.25

Motorcraft FL1A Filter 3.25

Gotta love/hate Wal-Mart.

Also went on a kick ass bike ride through the whole city, used the vic to haul the bikes to our starting point.

For any Chicago guys we went from Foster/Milwaukee (Jefferson Park) Down Milwaukee to Humboldt Park, down North Ave to the lake, Back down North to Independence Blvd, up to Milwaukee. Good day

George

Comment

Originally posted by 91grandmarquis View Post
                            I really like your car... A lot.

And another option for the tips was trans am tips. There is one member whos name escapes me, who has trans am tips on a vic and they look good.

Here ya go. Just an idea of what they look like on a box. It was either these or try to hide what I got.

Packman

Comment

Originally posted by packman View Post
                              Here ya go. Just an idea of what they look like on a box. It was either these or try to hide what I got.

Packman
                              Those do look cool, where did you get em?

I was off today and took a drive down Lake Shore Drive from Foster Ave (5200 North) to Roosevelt Rd. (1200 South) Nothing like the skyline on one side, and the lake on the other.

Back to the car

Got a Question for you guys

Sometimes when the car is cold, and I am stopped at a light, or stop sign, or going less then 10 mph, then take off using light/moderate throttle (Never under full throttle), the car bogs/sputters, like in a carb'd car, then smooths out and pulls nice and hard. After a while it usually stops, and runs as normal, it NEVER stalls, just feels like it may. I'm used to this being an issue when cold in my '75, but its not Acceptable for a Fuel Injected car. Ideas as to what It could be?

Thanks

George

Comment

may be a scratchy TPS... I'm kinda leaning that way with my car. It likes to bog a big first thing in the morning... but after I actuate it a few times it seems to fix itself. Kinda like the scratchy volume control on the old stereo... turn it off... rotate the knob back and forth a few times and it's good for a while again.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
                                Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
                                X