No announcement yet.

Sly's Panthers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

until I get the brakes done... not much of anyone will hear it at all though.

I do run it at least up to temp every couple of weeks or so just to keep the engine happy though.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I wasnt aware that you had a white 93. Its bringing back memories of my white 94 where did you get the headlights if you dont mind me asking....because I installed some on the 94 that I got of ebay from AM Autoparts for like $50 and they were great. Same place I got lights for the P71 and they have been awesome, although I think they are a wee bit to small...but no biggie
      Last edited by 87DeuceVic; 11-13-2010, 06:25 AM.
      -2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor - Daily Driver - 17" Bullitt's, 235/55/17 Goodyear Eagles, Ex-NH State Police, best 1/4 mile time; 15.3 @ 90 mph
      -1987 Crown Victoria 2-Door - Project - 90k miles, Summit chambered muffler, Sunpro gauges, parked since 2010, fate tbd

Comment

Rock Auto
        they were like $25/ea and shipping but it came close to $50 after the discount. I've been impressed with the clarity at night. I still use the fogs just to light up the roadway itself up close (helps avoid those wicket potholes)

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

update on the Mark...

engine bay pics.

new rad, 3g alt, aero washer tank, electric fans...

front fan for AC:

Fan relay wiring:

3g alt (I might try to re-clock it to 12 from 8, but I got the wires all out of the way of other stuff for now):

Stock wiring adapter (regulator replacement from PA-Performance):

Charge fuse tucked in next to the battery:

and the worst part... the filler neck patch:

I used a cut off from a computer expansion slot blank and epoxied over the little hole in the filler neck.

so I'll be posting a WTB thread for a filler neck. Technically all I need is the top section there from the first bend to the cap. The rest of the pipe is in perfect condition. I also need the rubber boot for the wheel well as you can tell that mine is shredded.
          Attached Files

Comment

I like the engine bay.
            ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
            My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
            My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
            But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I tried my best to keep it neat.

Comment

ok. Took the wheels off and checked the brakes... brakes are fine. nothing wiggles either. The right rear was caked in grease though. I make have a busted axle seal. ultra-dammit. It looks like the ambient temp sensor is the main issue with the A/C. It looks as if the inner works of the thing are rusted out. Ordered a new one since the blend door works fine and pulling vacuum off of it gets me heat. I'm pretty sure Gadget is right about the panel vents blowing all the time though (panel flapper done broke) and I'm not about to pull the whole dash out to get at the ducts and try to fix it... so I'll deal with hot air in the face if I have to. Hopefully the car will be back on the roads before Christmas. Living in Texas is great since I can drive almost year round (even the cars you wanna keep looking nice).

Comment

Do you have any help pulling the dash? Big job doing all on your lonesome. I wish I were in Texas can get work done all year round!
                  ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                  My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                  My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                  But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

no... I don't have help pulling the dash... which is why I won't fix the panel vent issue. Taking the dash pad off to get to the air temp sensor is easy though.

Comment

ok... got the main part of the push bumpers on the MGM. I'm planning on making some bracing to support the bottom of the bumpers so they won't shake/vibrate running down the road. Eventually there will be a cross bar... and maybe fogs mounted on that.

Pics:

Front

Side
                      Attached Files

Comment

ok... crappy cell phone pic cause I'm about to leave to go to the in-laws... but I've got the bracing on. Better pics on Friday.

Attached Files

Comment

all you need now are a set of fog lights on that thing lol

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
                          302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
                          k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

You can get rid of that if you want... it serves no purpose anymore. There might be old coil wiring in there too that can go and will get a lot of that wiring outta there!

Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                            'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                            sigpic
                            85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

the original one did go. That's the "adapter" for the dash light. I like having everything work... idiot lights included.

Comment

Originally posted by gabegt90 View Post
                                all you need now are a set of fog lights on that thing lol
                                this WILL happen. The decision will be whether I get something like KC Daylighters (or similar) or something less off-road worthy (fogs, driving lights).

I will probably do the 3G conversion on it first though to support the greater power load.

Comment

Working...
                                X