Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

marquismans lincoln mark VI two door cond...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

today i took some pics for the reason i just might win POTM with my mark. but, i dont think it will happen lol. anywho, not much changed since. i will be doing a front end overhaul in the spring. along with the air helper bags for the springs and a rear way bar. since its my summer daily driver, i will have to replace some of the origonal stuff. the upper control arm bushings and shocks are my main concern. since they are toast.

also need to get them wheels fixed up. they are showing age. all in all since i bought this car in 05, it owes me nothin!

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
    1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
    1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
    2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
    2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

gonna go for big brakes? lol

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
      302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
      k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Love the Car bro!

A guy I know around here has been trying to sell me his mint, garaged for its entire life Mark VI for awhile now. Every time I see a pic of a nice one, it's makes it harder to resist. I have a feeling I'm going to give in soon and buy it, lol.

Comment

im not gonna get into the brakes yet lol...and thanks! if you can get the opertunity to own a MK VI, do it! lol

Comment

I need to kick out the tails like you have so the exhaust will stop bleeding in through the trunk on mine. suckin exhaust is not fun.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
            ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
            Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

word! iv had lots of positive feedback on the exhaust location. i like it cause its different.

Comment

well, heres another update. i got my lincoln back on the road a month ago(just in time to go back into storage soon) after putting in another engine and doing some general work. the old engines oil rings took a shit and would smoke alot, so it needed to be replaced. i got the engine from a local wreckers. it was in a 1981 econoline chip truck that had its kitchen burnt down lol. the odo said 157K kilos. after hearing it run and having it removed, i stripped it down for cleaning. after that, i found out that the engine is a rebuild. so, at 300 bucks, that was a bonus lol. also, i put on the pacesetter headers that came off GMGTs old engine. i must say, this car feels much more peppy. as for the other work, i will list the parts replaced of to the side here...

front upper control arms, with new bushings and ball joints.
                shocks all around.
                brake pads/shoes, rear cylinders, flex lines and turned the rotors/drums.
                sway bar bushings.
                rear springs.
                tires.
                alignment.(they did a good job considering the steering box is loose lol)
                installed refurbished seat belts.

anywho, here are some quick pics. will need to get a shot of the engine.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20665984004_large.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	631.8 KB
ID:	1267832

Name:	20665984005_large.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	752.1 KB
ID:	1267833

Name:	20665984006_large.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	780.8 KB
ID:	1267834

Name:	20665984003_large.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	620.4 KB
ID:	1267835

Comment

The car should be a nice and fresh for you next season now. Looks great BTW.
                  ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                  My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                  My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                  But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

thanks david, i have a couple little things i need to do to the car but, yes, it will be ready for next year.

Comment

that's a pretty healthy list of improvements.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
                      160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
                      waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

She looks great mang! Nice list of maintenance items and upgrades as well.

Can't wait to get started on mine. Every time I get tempted to keep my Vinyl Top, I come back and look at pics of your car and then I'm convinced once again that I do wanna go slicktop with mine. Just makes the lines of the body flow so much smoother...

Comment

nice julian nice to see the front end rebuild went good

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
                          302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
                          k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

congrats on the PotM

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

thanks sly. i now have has two panthers up there. i still got one more to go lol

Comment

heh... if my 88 ever gets up there... I'll be surprised.

Comment

Working...
                                X