Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wow, that shifts so much nicer.
    sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Originally posted by pantera77 View Post
      Summit finned aluminum +1qt pan, any deeper would have been to low for my liking:
      Yeah... I have the B&M +3 quart pan on mine, and it hangs really, really low. Lower than the front crossmember. It'd be very easy to knock the pan off of mine.
      Attached Files
      **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
      **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
      **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
      **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Like that "Red, White and Blue painting!!

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by johnunit View Post
          oh man. that shift always sounded horrible, but the back-to-back makes it cringe worthy. It looks like overall the WR helped acceleration a ton. Jealousy is creeping....
          Your telling me! I hated how the old tranny shifted. It shifted at random rpm's, and sloppier than a stock AOD. And it feels stronger.

Originally posted by 1990LTD View Post
          That Summit pan is interesting. Upon further investigation, pricy, but nice. It's weird seeing an AOD that isn't covered in dirt and grease.
          wow, that shifts so much nicer.
          Got to pay to play. Yes, at least it's clean for now.

Originally posted by P72Ford View Post
          Yeah... I have the B&M +3 quart pan on mine, and it hangs really, really low. Lower than the front crossmember. It'd be very easy to knock the pan off of mine.
          Ya, I remember seeing pics of yours, I was almost scared this one would hang to low, but it is dead even with the exhaust.

Hopefully this week I can take it to the track and see what it can do.
          2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
          2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
          2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
          1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Good luck!

Do you row the AOD like a boat?
            sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Good luck!

Do you row the AOD like a boat?
              The old one I shuffled like a mad man because of it's terribad shift points. This one, there's no need to as it already shifts a hint higher than my liking.
              2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
              1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Awesome. What cooler are you running?
                sigpic

Comment

hmm my trans shifts alot like yor new one does lol glad to see your car shifting better, i could make a bet it will really surprize some ppl now
                  89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

Comment

I am planning a trans build or might purchase a complete lentech trans for GMGT. Not sure, since I need to do some number crunching with a good tranny builder lol. But, I was wondering, what is the recipe for your AOD? More so, what is your converter(locking? stall?) and what valve body?

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                    1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                    1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                    2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                    2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

It's just a rebuilt WR-AOD with a lentech street cruiser? valve body. 2400 stall convertor.

It was this one actually:

Comment

Ok cool. It shifts nice, from watching your vid. How do you like the WR and 3.55 gear combo?

Comment

Killer combo. Go WR and don't look back.

Comment

Well, its something I have been thinking about lol. Thanks mang.

Comment

I miss this car, time to bring it back to life.

I always disliked the engine in this car, no matter what it never seemed to run right, always had pinging issues, burned oil like a mofo, and had a bad case of the lopo knock.

I picked up this 51k mile HO out of a clean as hell 91 Cougar for $180.

Plans are to keep it simple and stock(ish). I'm going to re-gasket it, clean it, paint it, and that's pretty much it.

Only plans:
                              Convert back to SD
                              Advance the cam 4*
                              1.7 Roller Rockers
                              Stock HO upper and regular SEFI lower
                              Probably going to use an Explorer TB and Lightning EGR spacer as I have multiple laying around
                              New ceramic coated headers (probably FRPP because I've had good luck with mine)
                              Possibly redo the exhaust
                              Maybe convert to fox body accessories for future plans
                              Maybe flip the intake for future plans

I've already torn it down, all looks good, very clean inside, but I've been boned on JY motors before so I trust nothing.

Freshly home:

Ready for operation:

After spaghetti removal:

How it currently sits:

How the 87 currently sits:

Comment

Thats a super clean wagon..........lol at the last pic.......

Flip the intake for the future............mark vii cables work for that? Would be something i would do (fox arrangement) if i ever find a box i like/can afford to make a drag car with......
                                Rodney Tolleson, me at the track.....future drag box racer!

Comment

Working...
                                X