New Panther, New Mods...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Panther, New Mods...

Since my 88 Town Car got hit and sold, I have looked for another project Panther. I finally found this 99 Crown Vic LX, 175,xxx miles, for the princely sum of $750. It started as a bone-stock car, missing a muffler, with a vomit-coated interior. In the last two months, it has recieved an extensive rework.

First to go were the seats and carpet. I swapped in Interceptor buckets, a new beige carpet, and a rear seat out of a '96 Town Car Cartier. I found a new dash center-section with GMQ-style wood, yet it still says Crown Victoria. Them I cleaned every surface with ammonia, then bleach (I know it's an explosive combination, I waited two weeks). Much better, no vomit smell or bacteria left.

Now being able to safely ride in the car, I turned to the sportier side. The factory shocks being blown out, I opted for the Monroe Load-Distributing progressive coil over shocks. New shocks installed, the springs felt weak, so I opted for Moog CC865 cargo coils. Finishing off the rear end is a pair of 255-65 R16 Definity Dakota H/T tires. The front rides on stock springs with Edelbrock IAS shocks. Nice and sporty now for a very big car.

Under the car, the half-missing exhaust has been replaced with a full 2.5" system replete with Flowmaster 40 series mufflers. The engine is still stock save for a Spectre MAF adaptor and a 4" conical air filter.

The final touch at this point is the center-section of the grille has been painted black, for a different touch. Carlisle is a month away, but I'm going to try to squeeze in 2 more mods: lower the front end 2" via Eaton Detroit coils, and change the rearend from the anemic 2.73s to a more appropriate 3.90 ratio.

Comments welcome, insults aren't. Thanks for looking!!!
    Attached Files

"No other man-made device since the shields and lances of the ancient knights fulfills a man's ego like an automobile." -Sir William

2011 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited- Black on black, ADTR sway bars, 19" Mustang GT rims, Heinous rear control arms, dual exhaust with Flowmaster 10 series mufflers. MHS Stage 2 heads/cams, 80mm MAF, 75mm BBK throttle body, Accufab plenum, Stainless Works long tube headers, Ford Racing 24# injectors. ADTR T56 swap with Hurst shifter. 264HP/298TQ at the rear wheels.

Couple more pics

Just a couple more pics...
    Attached Files

"No other man-made device since the shields and lances of the ancient knights fulfills a man's ego like an automobile." -Sir William

2011 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited- Black on black, ADTR sway bars, 19" Mustang GT rims, Heinous rear control arms, dual exhaust with Flowmaster 10 series mufflers. MHS Stage 2 heads/cams, 80mm MAF, 75mm BBK throttle body, Accufab plenum, Stainless Works long tube headers, Ford Racing 24# injectors. ADTR T56 swap with Hurst shifter. 264HP/298TQ at the rear wheels.

Comment

Stance looks good as is! Welcome back!
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

nice

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
        2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
        1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
        1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
        2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
        1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Did that rear seat just swap right in there without anything special?

sigpic
          - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

I love that license plate
            '79 Continental Town Car
            '90 Crown Victoria LTD
            '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Yes, the rear seat is a direct swap. You have to force the seatbelts through, the stock ones aren't quite long enough to reach all the way through the thick padding. And the license plate was left over from my 88 Town Car, just using it for now. The new tags I'm getting are going to read "6 PNTHER". An Anchorman reference, as well as the car's name.

Comment

Nice Vic, and a great price. Now you need to do theese.

RockAuto ships auto parts and body parts from over 300 manufacturers to customers' doors worldwide, all at warehouse prices. Easy to use parts catalog.

Easy fix and a quick way to dress up yor car.
                1991 LTD P72 351 W Restored Century Police (Ongoing Project) Sergeant Vic.

It's a dog eat dog world and I'm wearing milk bone underwear.

Comment

wow!... $25 for a headlamp assembly! I may replace the yellowed out ones on the vic for that. last time I looked they were $250-ish (dealer).

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                  rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
                  ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
                  Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I replaced all the lights in the front of the 03, both headlights and the marker lights. Total cost for all lights, shiping and the silver star bulbs was about $165. I'll post pics tomorrow.
                    1991 LTD P72 351 W Restored Century Police (Ongoing Project) Sergeant Vic.

It's a dog eat dog world and I'm wearing milk bone underwear.

Comment

Just got back from the stereo shop, now I have a JVC head unit, Memphis 3-way speakers, an Eclipse 750 watt amp, and a 10" JVC sub. Not very loud, but crisp, clear, un-Ford sounding radio. Pics coming.

Comment

Working...
                      X