Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

She's finally mod time for the 91 marquis!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

She's finally mod time for the 91 marquis!

Alrite i've been so busy this summer i havn't got to update the old readers rides...some past and fairly recent mods are HID's, 5% limo tint all the way around, and a well hidden pair of 12" sony subs and 1100w amp.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

Addco front and rear solid sway bars and boxed rear control arms...the difference is unreal. Also have wagon rear coils and KYB Gas-A-justs. Other than the big meats it handles almost as good as my parents new malibue and the rear bites down hard when ya hit the gas.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

Next on the list for 2 weeks from today is GT40P swap. I've got everything but the "p" ford racing headers and cam which are on the way, and i've been working on all the parts for the swap. I've got the 75mm MAF hidden in my air box, and "P" heads and other parts cleaned out and painted. Currently drilling and tapping explorer lower and upper for the fittings and vac tree and then i'll clean and paint those.

65mm TB modded and painted, GT40P heads with crane cobra 1.7 roller rockers, new harware on the heads. Bored out mustang spacer at school to 67mm and tapped for throttle and painted. Also got the ford racing valve covers to throw on.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by merc91; 08-18-2010, 07:00 PM.
    Finally have an on the books porting/custom fab business!
    HO bottom end,GT40Ps,cut/welded/ported upper+lower GT40 intakes,Comp XE258 cam,MS3X megasquirt computer,8 LS2 coils,2 dry systems + a 3rd wet,3 core rad w fans..1100hp Lentech WR AOD,custom 4" aluminum/moly Dshaft,custom rear/back half chassis adjustable 4link,wilwood 4 piston,moser 9" axles,locker, M/T 30x12's,4 staged fuel pumps,100lbs sound insulation,power/remote everything,2000W sound.4480lbs. 4.5s 0-60,12.8 1/4

Awsome man.. She should get up and go pretty good when put together

1980 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Signature Series
    351 4 bbl, AOD, 3.08 open
    duel exhaust with cherry bombs

Comment

~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

looking good! you should post a video or 3 when the swap is done.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
        160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
        waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

thanks guys, it has 3.73's with 8 clutch trac loc and at the end of october the shop does the wide ratio trans including a 2400 stall so i can't wait!
          HO bottom end,GT40Ps,cut/welded/ported upper+lower GT40 intakes,Comp XE258 cam,MS3X megasquirt computer,8 LS2 coils,2 dry systems + a 3rd wet,3 core rad w fans..1100hp Lentech WR AOD,custom 4" aluminum/moly Dshaft,custom rear/back half chassis adjustable 4link,wilwood 4 piston,moser 9" axles,locker, M/T 30x12's,4 staged fuel pumps,100lbs sound insulation,power/remote everything,2000W sound.4480lbs. 4.5s 0-60,12.8 1/4

Comment

lookin good mang!

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
            2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
            1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
            1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
            2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
            1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

one of my fave cars on this site...it makes me think of my old MGM, only in much much much MUCH better shape. can't wait to see/hear the thing when it's all done with.
              sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

looking good love the hids
                sigpicTHE H.I.D MASTER
                87 mercury grand marquis
                88 crown vic lx
                89 mercury colony park ls (sold)
                89 mercury grand marquis (sold)
                00 ford crown vic lx hpp
                03 mercury marauder aka punisher (sold )

Comment

Forget driving at night or in the rain with that tint. Actually, forget driving it any time except at noon on a bright sunny day in Texas. I bought a car with 10% tint, and was scared stiff driving the car home in the rain. I removed the front-side tints that night, the rear-side tints the next day, and the rear tint as soon as I figured out how to get it off safely.
                  2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Looking VERY good!
                    '79 Continental Town Car
                    '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                    '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Man you gotta make it down to london cruise night one of these sundays!!

1980 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Signature Series
                      351 4 bbl, AOD, 3.08 open
                      duel exhaust with cherry bombs

Comment

Ahhh, I had 5% all around my probe and it was fine at night. I like your trunk btw. It looks good.

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
                        Big plans

Comment

Love it man.. Looks Gorgeous.. Love the Limo tint... To bad its Illegal around theses parts... Loving the boxed control arms as well...Cant wait to see the GT40p results.....

Comment

yeah the tint's illegal here to but i live in the country so I don't usually get much trouble from the cops, and i don't mind the 5% at night either without streetlights either...had it for a few months now and love it. Thanks guys for the comments and most of all the help and motivation you've given me.

just got back from a speed shop here and i'm getting the explorer upper and lower ported early next week then paint em and i'll be close to the build!

I actually was at andy's last week and saw your car out front but had 15 min to get a window motor so i was in a huge rush and when i came out you were gone...plus i was in the malibue. I'll make it down after the motor stuff in the fall for sure.

Comment

I like the sub install, thats nice and clean. I'm guessing the subs are under the false floor? What lives forward of the amp where the spare used to reside?
                              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
                              X