Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

She's finally mod time for the 91 marquis!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well done! I'm actually going to ditch the blue LEDs in my speedometer 'cause I like the look of yours. I never did check to see what the Grand Marquis speedo looked like with regular bulbs instead of LEDs, just did the swap, now I regret it!
    sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

It looks like you do really nice work, and this is a great build on an EFI car.

But, it looks lazy to me in the vids. I'm not trying to insult you in any way, shape, or form. I suppose it could be that I'm not used to a speedometer with km/hr... but I think there is alot more in your combo, here.

The transmission is definitely holding you back; what are the upgrades you have planned to fix that? With the 4000 rpm shifts, your shift rebound is probably extremely low. If it was shifting at 5500 (or higher), you'd probably rebound in the region where the cam is starting to really shine. I predict large improvements in performance just by raising the shift points. You should also look into a converter, though.

I'll be interested to see how you make out with the higher shift points, etc.
      **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
      **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
      **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
      **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Originally posted by P72Ford View Post
        But, it looks lazy to me in the vids. .
        Once it passes 80 KM/h it really starts pulling. Looks to me that it hits 100 (60 mph) in under 8 seconds (starts at 2 sec in vid and crosses 100 at around 10 sec) Sounds great too.
        2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
        2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
        Past Panthers
        1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
        if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

once he gets the trans built up (maybe include a higher stall TC)... and the fuel pump upgraded (like he plans on) it's sure to pull even better.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

yeh when I hold 1st it pulls harder and harder right up to 5500+ RPM, but when I throw it into D their is to much power for the tranny at them revs to hold and the RPMs just keep screaming up without the tranny holding for the 1-2 shift. If the tranny is cold it will reluctantly grip sometimes and 0-60 mph timed with just holding the 1st shift to 5500RPM drops to 7.2 seconds and 2nd engages in the beginning of the powerband so its like night and day powerwise. But yes I would say the peak powerband of this motor is 2500-5500RPM so it is severely handicapped by the tranny at the moment, and the fuel pressure drops pretty good at WOT. Timed my 0-60 at 7.75 seconds with no passengers and an empty trunk and half tank of gas at 4000RPM shifts... I'm pretty happy with that under the circumstances, but seeing the potential in holding 1st really is pushing me to get the tranny done.

tranny build will include non-lockup 2400 stall, 1 piece input shaft, red alto clutches, Wide ratio gears, and a full manual VB from silverfox with 4th WOT, OD beefing and lots of other things but them are the main ones.
            Finally have an on the books porting/custom fab business!
            HO bottom end,GT40Ps,cut/welded/ported upper+lower GT40 intakes,Comp XE258 cam,MS3X megasquirt computer,8 LS2 coils,2 dry systems + a 3rd wet,3 core rad w fans..1100hp Lentech WR AOD,custom 4" aluminum/moly Dshaft,custom rear/back half chassis adjustable 4link,wilwood 4 piston,moser 9" axles,locker, M/T 30x12's,4 staged fuel pumps,100lbs sound insulation,power/remote everything,2000W sound.4480lbs. 4.5s 0-60,12.8 1/4

Comment

make sure you let us know how that valvebody and tranny upgrades work, I'm also looking into putting in a SF valvebody when I do that dream 351 swap. lol
              Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
              New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

I think you should consider more converter.

To have a non-lock-up transmission, don't you have to use a 1 piece input shaft?
                **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

To have a non-lock-up transmission, don't you have to use a 1 piece input shaft
                  yup thats on the old mod list.

I just gotta get my old "P" heads repaired (a super small crack in a chamber) then sell them, my 1.7 roller rockers, stang shorty headers, and some other odds and ends then I should have the money in january after workin, for the tranny work.
                  HO bottom end,GT40Ps,cut/welded/ported upper+lower GT40 intakes,Comp XE258 cam,MS3X megasquirt computer,8 LS2 coils,2 dry systems + a 3rd wet,3 core rad w fans..1100hp Lentech WR AOD,custom 4" aluminum/moly Dshaft,custom rear/back half chassis adjustable 4link,wilwood 4 piston,moser 9" axles,locker, M/T 30x12's,4 staged fuel pumps,100lbs sound insulation,power/remote everything,2000W sound.4480lbs. 4.5s 0-60,12.8 1/4

Comment

and this is my daily driver to school and work and that... and i live a half hour outa the city so i'm thinking 2400 stall would be good? I usually am cruising around 30-50mph for most of my A-B type driving.

Comment

Good to see this working right-ish now.

That 100-140 range looks nice and beefy for passing on the highways around here.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
                      160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
                      waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Lookin good man.. still want to see this car in person

1980 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Signature Series
                        351 4 bbl, AOD, 3.08 open
                        duel exhaust with cherry bombs

Comment

Lookin good man.. still want to see this car in person
                          yeh this is starting to get a bit rediculous, if your ever down sarnia way let me know and when i get 2 seconds i'll see if i can take a trip to london. I just gotta see me another merc haha.

Comment

Working...
                          X