Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1988 GM LS 'ol bluey' - > general petraus Roll Empire!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1988 GM LS 'ol bluey' - > general petraus Roll Empire!

max

max

Comment

max

Comment

When was the Roll Empire last on the road?
        '79 Continental Town Car
        '90 Crown Victoria LTD
        '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

IIRC two years ago. parked because of the heater core.
          1988 MGM GS - Preferred Equipment Package 172A; InstaClear

1980 Lincoln Continental Coupe
          1994 MGM GS Montigua
          2005 F150 Lariat Scab 4x4 3.73 LS
          2002 Mustang GT Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by rick99601 View Post
            IIRC two years ago. parked because of the heater core.
            closer to 4 or 5 more likely.

down to checking the pinscer switch and putting in a new fuel pump.

it wants to run, i can tell.. it fires up for just a second like despite the lack of a fuel pump the engine is sucking fuel through the lines via capalary action or something. maybe built up fumes who knows.

ive been kind of curious to the lack of response to this thread... not so much dissappointed, just curious.

i was never a fan of this style of roof.. but I suppose i can stop worrying and learn to love the bomb.

it does have dual exhaust (hpipe innit), most of it is intact. and thos radical turbine wheels (ok i just heard they were radical here, but they are almost like the general lee wheels. just with more fins amirite?)
            max

Comment

Is the interior in decent shape?
              '79 Continental Town Car
              '90 Crown Victoria LTD
              '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

i would want to pull that roof off right now, due to the shape its in.

c'mon guys, what should he do to it?
                1988 MGM GS - Preferred Equipment Package 172A; InstaClear

1980 Lincoln Continental Coupe
                1994 MGM GS Montigua
                2005 F150 Lariat Scab 4x4 3.73 LS
                2002 Mustang GT Coupe

Comment

hmm ive never seen that kind of roof on a box vic, if its anything like the lincolns it gonna be a nightmare im thinking, but if someone just threw it on thier then get rid of it mang! slicktop ftw!
                  89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

Comment

Originally posted by Mad MAx View Post
                    ive been kind of curious to the lack of response to this thread... not so much dissappointed, just curious.
                    I didn't respond because I didn't know what to say... Never seen the car before, no words or explanations...no clue as to what was going on.
                    As the old saying goes, "difficult to answer when you don't understand the question".

Anyway, best of luck with the car. Looks like a good project.
                    What are your plans with it?

Andy.
                    www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

Originally posted by 79lincolnlover View Post
                      Is the interior in decent shape?
                      afaik the headliner and carpet are good. the dash and leather is cracked. i haven spent much time inside of it yet. some cracker stole teh stereo though.
                      max

Comment

Originally posted by zoomie View Post
                        hmm ive never seen that kind of roof on a box vic, if its anything like the lincolns it gonna be a nightmare im thinking, but if someone just threw it on thier then get rid of it mang! slicktop ftw!
                        this is relevant to my interests. afaik its the stock roof. what is 'that kind' of roof called?

ima call it my do rag from now on :P
                        max

Comment

Originally posted by andyfanshawe View Post
                          I didn't respond because I didn't know what to say... Never seen the car before, no words or explanations...no clue as to what was going on.
                          As the old saying goes, "difficult to answer when you don't understand the question".

Anyway, best of luck with the car. Looks like a good project.
                          What are your plans with it?

Andy.
                          its aight. I was going to take a torch to it and turn it into some sort of post cyber apocolypse road warrior type vehicle, but I might fix it up and trade it for a toyota instead.
                          max

Comment

Cloth roof is called a carriage top. It has a fiberglass shell under the cloth, and its part of the back window surround. They look amazingly retarded with the cloth ripped off too, and removing that shell is somewhat difficult as its glued to the roof of the car, and there are some really ugly body seams underneath.
                            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

nice although I'm not a fan of that roof lol should be great once you get her back on the road

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
                              302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
                              k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Working...
                              X