Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fucking amazing!

Comment

i would like to stuff that motor in the smallest car i could find and go play!!!!!!!!!!!!! that would be a blast!!!!!LOL
      '88' MGM wagon (mine and my sons toy)
      "60" chrysler New Yorker (my project)
      "78" Chevy 1 Ton P/U (yard horse)
      "01" Ford Explorer (wifes DD)
      "93" Chevy Suburban (my DD)

Comment

This engine is popular with the Fox body Mustang guys. Everything is available for the swap into thoes cars. I was able to use the oil pan since the cross member is in the same place. Everything else was trial and error. I couldn't imagine this in a 2600-3000# car. It gives good enough neck snap in this car with a small cam 2000 stall and 3.27 trac lock. Would be crazy in light car with hot cam 4000stall and 4.11 gear saying,"I know I had tires on the car at the beginning of this run on the track."

I havn't made a/c lines before this the mastercool die set for crimping beadlock barrier hose ends seems to have worked well. I put these lines together put them in and did a evactuation to see how I was doing. I ordered the correct fittings so I could get rid of the adapter piece in the line from the condenser to evap. # 6 comes from the cond. but the evap has a #8 spring lock. I found the #8 spring lock with a #6 hose furrel so it could connect directly without an adapter. Since there is no obvious leak I decided to keep it the way it is for now. If it leaks over the winter I will then replace that line.

If I can get an overdrive on this before Scott Fest I will consider bringing this on the 4hr trip. I said I need cruise a/c and overdrive to run it for long distance. Good on first 2 now!!!

If anyone hears of a Gear Vendors overdrive for sale I would be very interested!!! One that is set up for a c6 is a plus but I can get any of them changed for my application but would save $ that way.
        sigpic
        89 LTC 429>557 Cobrajet stroker
        13 F-150 XLT 6.2 l
        "If I could separate what's real from what I've been dreaming I could live to fight another day"

Comment

Originally posted by grandwagon View Post
          i would like to stuff that motor in the smallest car i could find and go play!!!!!!!!!!!!! that would be a blast!!!!!LOL

Like an early '60s Falcon.

Packman

Comment

I was thinking something like a Pinto wagon!!!WOW!!!LOL
            '88' MGM wagon (mine and my sons toy)
            "60" chrysler New Yorker (my project)
            "78" Chevy 1 Ton P/U (yard horse)
            "01" Ford Explorer (wifes DD)
            "93" Chevy Suburban (my DD)

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnlarry View Post
              If I can get an overdrive on this before Scott Fest I will consider bringing this on the 4hr trip. I said I need cruise a/c and overdrive to run it for long distance. Good on first 2 now!!!
              I think I speak for the entire GMN community and those of us attending ScottFest this year when I say that this should be your priority right now.

sigpic
              - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarquis View Post
                I think I speak for the entire GMN community and those of us attending ScottFest this year when I say that this should be your priority right now.
                Yes please!

Comment

Here's the Cobrajet all clean and shiney to go out and be seen. First cleanup this year. Too bad it wasn't ready last weekend for the big swap meet in Salem.

I think the wheels gave it a 5% tip twards the mean side on the grandpa to mean scale.

You can see my daily driver in the background. Of course another Panther. That one is staying stock since it gets more then twice the MPG.

Click image for larger version

Name:	6-25-12 001.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	124.6 KB
ID:	1269468Click image for larger version

Name:	6-25-12 002.jpg
Size:	117.7 KB
ID:	1269469Click image for larger version

Name:	6-25-12 003.jpg
Size:	115.2 KB
ID:	1269470Click image for larger version

Name:	6-25-12 004.jpg
Size:	98.7 KB
ID:	1269471Click image for larger version

Name:	6-25-12 006.jpg
Size:	96.5 KB
ID:	1269472
                  Last edited by lincolnlarry; 06-25-2012, 02:33 PM.
                  sigpic
                  13 F-150 XLT 6.2 l
                  "If I could separate what's real from what I've been dreaming I could live to fight another day"

Comment

Awesome!! Feel free to create a RR thread for your other TC
                    '79 Continental Town Car
                    '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                    '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Got the overdrive but the guy forgot the caps and bolts for the Spicer u-joint. He is sending them out this week so the Cobra Jet won't be making it to SF this year. I just NEED to get 10mi to the gallon and zinging this big torqe monster down the road at 3000 rpm won't do it!!! It should be around 2600 when the overdrive kicks in. This is all at 70mph. The 2004 TC will get 24mpg though. And I would trust it a little more then my in progress project. I have driven the CJ 1800 miles since putting the motor in and it has never left me sitting yet. Oh crap... I just cursed myself

Click image for larger version

Name:	8-6-12 004.jpg
Size:	89.9 KB
ID:	1269602
                      sigpic
                      13 F-150 XLT 6.2 l

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnlarry View Post
                        Got the overdrive but the guy forgot the caps and bolts for the Spicer u-joint. He is sending them out this week so the Cobra Jet won't be making it to SF this year. I just NEED to get 10mi to the gallon and zinging this big torqe monster down the road at 3000 rpm won't do it!!! It should be around 2600 when the overdrive kicks in. This is all at 70mph. The 2004 TC will get 24mpg though. And I would trust it a little more then my in progress project. I have driven the CJ 1800 miles since putting the motor in and it has never left me sitting yet. Oh crap... I just cursed myself

[ATTACH=CONFIG]33374[/ATTACH]
                        ....glad you are gonna make it though.......maybe i get lucky and pick yer brain a lil....lol

Comment

was getting this gear drive cheaper than a Adapter plate to install an AOD overdrive transmission on a 460 Big Block.

Comment

I tried the AOD since my first plan was a 460 with stock heads. I had the setup with an Ultrabell and beefed up AOD. I just didn't trust it to stand up to the 550ft/lb of torque my build turned into. (ball park estimate) The C-6 with GV overdrive was the best choice. Looking back I should have had an E4OD reworked. Based off a C-6 they are much stronger then an AOD overall.

The AOD and adapter was much cheaper. Would have been worse if I went with a new GV OD!!!!
                            sigpic
                            13 F-150 XLT 6.2 l

Comment

Wow.

Wow and wow

How did he do his gauges, now. That Looks so clean...seeing that i got some new ideas for my TC now
                              This maybe how i make my 85 TC look>>....[SIGPIC/SIGPIC]

Comment

Slow ride in the Cobra Jet

Here is a little casual ride around in the beast. Don't mind the little clicking from the speedo cable and the flapping of the seatbelt buckle right next to the camera. I guess that wouldn't have happened if I wore the seat belt. I never had it over 2,000 untill the little uphill push at the end about 1/2 into the throttle.

Now the next video clip will be of the 0-60 time trial. Fingers crossed!!!!

Gofast, The gauge panel is just a piece of black plexi glass. They come with the nice paper protection on it perfect for drawing. Got out the drafting supplies and located guage centerpoints for the hole saws. Drill the holes, remove paper, and insert gauges. I thought I would never get the spacing right, but the first shot was right on. I did make pilot holes with a small drill bit before using the hole saws.

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.
                                sigpic
                                13 F-150 XLT 6.2 l

Comment

Working...
                                X