Creamy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by turbo2256b View Post
    The one issue was a stud installed years ago for the intake snapped at the top of the intakes boss. The threads stripped out in the head yeas ago and installed a healy coil thea kept comming lose. Thinking I ended up JB weling the stud and coil in the head.
    Intake was on and going through the last torq check and it poped off. Repair idea was to pickup a coupling nut and have my friend machine one end about 1/2 inch length down to just under .400. With a little perswading with my hammer got it to engage the stud and torqed it down Thank GOD didnt want to remove the intake again.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]37569[/ATTACH]

I like your fancy hose elbow! Wouldn't be surprised if it's lasting lots, lots longer than the dedicated equivalent from the Help! section.
    2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
      I like your fancy hose elbow! Wouldn't be surprised if it's lasting lots, lots longer than the dedicated equivalent from the Help! section.
      Couldnt find a elbow anywere in this town so had plenty of the plug wire boots from making my own wires up. Think one was used for the radiator over flow tank too.
      Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

Finialy time to have my front shocks rebuilt both were leaking a bit. So the QA1s came out and reinstalling the Afco 1020s.
        Probably going to keep the Afco's in untill next year sometime when the bigg brake and coil overs swap. Been putting it off for years as current brake system still works great. Its about time to go throught the complete front end all but the pads have well over 100K

Click image for larger version

Name:	SHOCKING 001.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	108.3 KB
ID:	1276031

Comment

Computer has been down again just got back on line guessing been out for almost a month.
          Currently been working on mods to and prepairing the front aluminum bumper off my wagon for instalition on Creamy. Slot has been cut and its off to the sand blaster to prepair for painting.

Comment

ps the complete aluminum bumper weighs in at 40.5 lbs. Steel bumper about 87

Comment

Front and rear bumpers are back from being blasted less the inner front piece. The diamond clear coat paint is in which is going to be used fore the primer sealer. Specificly was made for sticking to pollished and cromed pieces.

Comment

Recieved the new front spoiler same as the old one. Creamys old bumper with air dam to go on the wagon. Later this week Creamy is going on a friends rack to spray rust encapsulater inside the frame. Pics soon

Comment

Some pics of the aluminum front bumper iner and outer and air dam going on it.

Name:	SPOILER 002.JPG
Size:	112.4 KB
ID:	1276504 notice the welded in piece in the corner

Comment

Welded tabs on each end had to do some grinding on the welds.

Name:	ALUM BUMP 001.JPG
Size:	98.2 KB
ID:	1276516 Click image for larger version

Name:	ALUM BUMP 002.JPG
Size:	112.8 KB
ID:	1276517 Click image for larger version

Name:	ALUM BUMP 003.JPG
Size:	91.7 KB
ID:	1276518

Comment

Tabs were welded in to be able to bolt the spoiler ends down. The air dam isnt quite wide enough to fit to the end. It is the longest air dam I could find.
                      It fits fine on one end of the current bumper on Creamy but the dam was just a bit twisted of mabe the bumper some how drivers side has a bit of a gap. The welded in piece will fix that issue although the new spoiler appears to be straighter.

Name:	ALUM BUMP 008.JPG
Size:	85.7 KB
ID:	1276526

As you can see

Comment

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                        Originally posted by gadget73
                        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                        Originally posted by dmccaig
                        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Since there are no gussets in the inner bumper to stop aair flow from trying to exit out the ends of the bumper thinking about stuffing foam plastic from inside these new bumpers. Picked up one from a body shop today from a caddy. Hope it dosent fall appart like most caddys do.

Comment

Just weighed the rear bumper. Didnt have any fasteners or trim on it. 53lbs probably around 55 lbs fully assembled.

Comment

Originally posted by turbo2256b View Post
                              ps the complete aluminum bumper weighs in at 40.5 lbs. Steel bumper about 87
                              Tinking if my suspenson book turns up it would be interesting to calculate differance in leverage over the front axle 40.5 lb vs the 87 lb

Comment

Latest pics the inner bumper was droped of at my friends shop to be powder coated. Its ready to be picked up monday

Name:	Hacker pipes 009.jpg
Size:	108.0 KB
ID:	1276625 Click image for larger version

Name:	Hacker pipes 010.jpg
Size:	104.4 KB
ID:	1276626 Click image for larger version

Name:	Hacker pipes 011.jpg
Size:	84.8 KB