Creamy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

very nice

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

The finish, and attention to detail is AMAZING.

What do you use to polish like that?
      1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
      Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Originally posted by Tom View Post

Ceramic coating?

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom View Post

The headers are ceramic coated. Think there was a thread a while back on polishing metal think everybody decided on Brasso. If I had what I stated in that thread back in 1970 I could have polished my brass so fast I could have spent an extra hour or two at the NCO club.
          Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

The rest of the piping

Click image for larger version

Name:	DUAL QUADS 005.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	80.3 KB
ID:	1267858

Name:	130.jpg
Size:	98.7 KB
ID:	1267859

Comment

Originally posted by turbo2256b View Post
              One advantage to this is no jacking up the engine or starter removal.
              This sounds like an EXCELLENT advantage. And there are those who say individually-flanged tubes tend to make for a better seal. I don't want to ask how much $$$$ and/or time is represented there, but I really like it!
              2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

The rear end

Name:	REAR END 006.JPG
Size:	49.5 KB
ID:	1267860

Comment

How many engine configurations has that car gone through?

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
                    How many engine configurations has that car gone through?
                    4 I think including stock will get into that some later

Comment

Transmission bit of a mistery bot think it has the guts, tail shaft. tail shaft HSG and front pump from a 4R70W. I know a AOD slip yoke wont fit neither will a AOD torq converter. What I do know is there is a B&M shiter hooked to it, a Lentec valve body installed as well as a B&M deep pan
                      Attached Files

Comment

Time to pop the trunk. Just to make it leagle in IMSA, SCCA, ARCA.

Name:	TANK1 004.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	1267865

Comment

I done forgot about you having a fuel cell. Must be convenient having all that empty space where the stock tank was.
                          2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
                            I done forgot about you having a fuel cell. Must be convenient having all that empty space where the stock tank was.
                            I have plans for that space

Comment

Very nice stuff.

Any idea what the average primary tube length? What's the reasoning behind where they end?

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
                              160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
                              waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Originally posted by johnunit View Post
                                Very nice stuff.

Any idea what the average primary tube length? What's the reasoning behind where they end?
                                Not shure about actual tube length I know they are not truely equal length. They are much more effective than most aftermarket stuff though. Main reason for that is that no are bends coming out of the flange at the head. Spacing under the car has some to do with were they end along with placing of the X pipe and cutouts. Sometimes think an H pipe might have been better than the sharper bends to form the X. Then again just fllip a switch and the cutouts open and a car as quiet as stock in seconds is transformed to open headers and unrestriced flow.
                                BTW the cutouts are not currently installed. Nailing it with things closed has bent the flap on several ocasions and one time even broke the shaft into 3 pieces on one. When they were working opening them turned heads and there was that WTF looks on faces atthe drags, car shows, autocrossing etc.
                                Last edited by turbo2256b; 10-08-2011, 09:54 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X