X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
    Luckily new clips are sold.
    THIS X1000000000000000000

Btw, did you find a source for the lower windshield trim retainers? You know the ones. They slide over the tits. Excuse me I don't know the proper terminology...

Comment

yeah. http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/...-Molding-Clips

I think our cars require 8...so two sets should cover it.

I just had Scott magically pull me off a set and painted the with trim paint. I pulled a set for Phil myself a year later. You get lucky with some.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
        yeah. http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/...-Molding-Clips

I think our cars require 8...so two sets should cover it.

I just had Scott magically pull me off a set and painted the with trim paint. I pulled a set for Phil myself a year later. You get lucky with some.
        Thanks mang! Half of mine are missing. Some from age, some from because I looked at them wrong...

Comment

Yeah they really do like to break.
          ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Did any decent pics of MattsGrandMarquis ever get posted?

Well, they are now. By the way, if anyone bitches about how the tires look... you should have seen them BEFORE I got down and dirty with the Bleche-White and scrub brush.

No, you can't have my camera. xP

You guys can see where this car needs help. If you look closely, you can also tell where I took a whack or 6 at it with the rubbing compound. I give this car a 4 out of 10 for exterior quality, compared to my '86 which was a 1.
            1997 Lincoln Town Car Executive Series - Charlene

Saved from a tragic fate, planned mild restoration. Now with working heat, perfect for the cold winter!

Comment

Wow, low-dangly tailpipes. Can't quite figure how they're sitting just where they are.

Hey, at least I don't see any rust holes! On the outside, anyway.
              2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

your fricken signature rocks mang. nice. i wish i could make a sig like that. i can send you a nice pic of my lincoln so you can make me a nice one. i love that my merc is getting taken cared of. looks like it found a great home. i miss it but i know i made the right choice. but a piece of my mercs soul resides in my lincoln(The chrome pedal brackets) so i will never forget it. i plan to aqcuire another 2 door mercury grand marquis in the future an 1986 or 1987 model, along with a 1986 or 1987 CV Coupe and a 1980-1983 Mark VI Coupe Designer Series. i will have a nice fleet in the future. i want to restore each one at a time. my lincoln is in it's process of restoration frame is undergoing a rustproof stage of POR15, its coming out good pics to be shown in my readers ride thread.

also would you like me to grab you a set of chrome pedal brackets for the merc i can get them off the mark vi in harry's.

heres my old readers ride thread on it. some nice pics of it in there.

Last edited by MattsLincoln; 11-14-2011, 03:38 AM.

1982 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Bill Blass Designer Series 2-Door(Larisa)
                -Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
                1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

you should have seen them BEFORE I got down and dirty with the Bleche-White and scrub brush.
                  Brillo or SOS pads are all you need, there is nothing better for cleaning white walls.
                  2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
                  2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
                  Past Panthers
                  1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
                  if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

windex and fine steel wool works good too!

Comment

Serioulsy..clay bar the car then get a bunch of 2000 grit sand paper soak it in water over night. Pick up a nice spongy block and sand the entire car down in an x pattern to ensure even coverage. Don't need to push too hard down. Let the paper do the work. Stay away from edges so you down wear them down. Once that is done wash the car off good and then compound the paint like a mad man...polish it and wax it. I guarantee you that it will look great as compared to how it look now. It is A LOT of work though so just keep it in mind...but it will be worth it.
                      ~David~

Comment

For every part of the car other than the trunk, I'd agree with you. But - the trunk is COOKED. Epic spider webbing all over, top to bottom like a poorly prepped Corvette fender.

And there's some nasty chips near the nose.

I'm just trying to make the car not look completely like shit for the time being, she definitely needs a brand new paintjob.

Saved from a tragic fate, planned mild restoration. Now with working heat, perfect for the cold winter!

Comment

Originally posted by Midnight Drifter View Post
                          For every part of the car other than the trunk, I'd agree with you. But - the trunk is COOKED. Epic spider webbing all over, top to bottom like a poorly prepped Corvette fender.

And there's some nasty chips near the nose.

I'm just trying to make the car not look completely like shit for the time being, she definitely needs a brand new paintjob.
                          Spray cans can fix that temporarily.

Or you could be the first GMNer to do a roller-paint job on their box.

sigpic
                          - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

What's the factory paint code for this color?

Comment

Originally posted by Midnight Drifter View Post
                              What's the factory paint code for this color?
                              Look on the door sticker :p

Comment

it probably faded that code but the color is called maroon poly according to the 1983 grand marquis brochure.

1982 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Bill Blass Designer Series 2-Door(Larisa)
                                -Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
                                1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

Working...
                                X