Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

It is done. Now, for the most epic Friday of this year.
    1997 Lincoln Town Car Executive Series - Charlene

Saved from a tragic fate, planned mild restoration. Now with working heat, perfect for the cold winter!

Comment

whatever you do about the standing water in the fuel filler cup... DO NOT DRILL IT. It will drain into the trunk.

there is a short rubber hose in the driver rear wheel well. probe that with an un-bent hanger or some other poker to clear the blockage.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Yeah. Use a coat hanger and stick it into the black lagoon towards the rear of the car. There is indeed a drain hole there.
        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I've used a garden hose with a handle and managed to get it free. Compressed air also works.

Comment

Originally posted by MattsTownCarSS View Post
            same as when i had the car on the lift. your not suppose to really open the doors when a car is on the lift or jacked up from what my auto teacher said.
            ya, if it's a convertible.

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
            Uh, that's perfectly normal Box-Panther behavior, dude.
            Uhmmm, no, not really. None of my 4 have that issue. (Well, my 91 wagon kind of does, but that's because the whole front clip is pushed about 1/2" to the pass side, even my rusty 91 Marq was fine on a lift)

Now my 92 on the other hand, if it was on a lift you couldn't open any of the 4 doors, or the hood, but then again it had a 2ft hole in the drivers side frame rail.
            2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
            2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
            2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
            1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
              Yeah. Use a coat hanger and stick it into the black lagoon towards the rear of the car. There is indeed a drain hole there.
              Ah, thanks for the PROTIPS. I really appreciate the gesture and I'll get a better look at it tomorrow. Ah, the little things...

Six Flags, Wangan Running, Chipotle burritos, high times and Manhattan NYC - and I have work in 5 1/2 hours!

Excuse me while I go die now.

Saved from a tragic fate, planned mild restoration. Now with working heat, perfect for the cold winter!

Comment

:lol:
                2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Now I can sleep soundly. What a crazy weekend so far...

Comment

Sounds like your waist deep in some shit waters. I'd get a frame repair priced but if you opt out for some half ass job, you might as well scrap the car. Your either going to pay big money to have it fixed or send it away to be made into soup cans.
                    79 Grand Marquis

Comment

Or, I could just let the car collapse under its own weight like I did in my '86... :P

Just kidding. Right now, the rot is por-15'd and not going anywhere. Once I've determined I'm keeping the car, I'll get it done the right way.

by the way, where's the cig fuse? That stupid heater blew it.

Comment

Originally posted by Midnight Drifter View Post
                        Or, I could just let the car collapse under its own weight like I did in my '86... :P

Just kidding. Right now, the rot is por-15'd and not going anywhere. Once I've determined I'm keeping the car, I'll get it done the right way.

by the way, where's the cig fuse? That stupid heater blew it.
                        Cig fuse is in the glove box with every other fuse... :p

If same as 86 it's position 16, a 20 amp fuse...

Comment

I just realized that my Tacoma has the same size tires as the GM. I want Hankook Ipikes for the winter, and plan on switching over to actual LT rated tires come spring.

Looks like the Mercury's next set of tires will be 2-year-old Firestone Destination LE's with 25k on 'em. :P

Comment

Alright, disheartening update.

I went into the fuse box earlier because I wanted to change my flasher to something that didn't ricer flash. I changed the flasher to a newer HD unit that doesn't flash 100+ times a second, but also remembered the cigarette lighter fuse needed to be changed. Well, I grabbed a 20 amper from the block, and it turned out to be the turn signal. (can't really read the position markings on the block) Whoops. No big deal, I tried again, this time with a vertical facing one. It looked blown, so I replaced it. Nothing happened. I started getting frustrated, because on this car, the cigarette lighter is the heater. I started checking other fuses, and before you know it all the fuses were pulled out. Now, normally, this wouldn't be a big deal, HOWEVER this fuse box has wires going to I don't even know where, tied into fuses and such. I tried replacing all of them best I could, but not only does the cigarette lighter STILL not work, I now lost power to my interior lights!

I barely have the slightest clue about wiring; I checked to make sure there were no empty spaces, and there aren't. I probably tied in a wire at the wrong spot, but I can't remember which wires went where. There's like 4 of them. This is a disaster.

John... I really need your help on this one, since I have a feeling you might know which wires go where. The car's on the road today (I registered it today) so I should be able to come down on Sunday or Thursday, my next days off. Do you have the time? I'd really appreciate a hand...

I figure now's a GREAT time to run some wires off the main battery line and install an aftermarket fuse block to support whatever new accessories are being fed juice, which is what should have been done in the first place.

Otherwise, driving this car to work in the winter is going to SUCK without a heater or defroster, and no interior lights. T_T
                            Last edited by Midnight Drifter; 11-04-2011, 08:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Midnight Drifter View Post
                              Alright, disheartening update.

I went into the fuse box earlier because I wanted to change my flasher to something that didn't ricer flash. I changed the flasher to a newer HD unit that doesn't flash 100+ times a second, but also remembered the cigarette lighter fuse needed to be changed. Well, I grabbed a 20 amper from the block, and it turned out to be the turn signal. (can't really read the position markings on the block) Whoops. No big deal, I tried again, this time with a vertical facing one. It looked blown, so I replaced it. Nothing happened. I started getting frustrated, because on this car, the cigarette lighter is the heater. I started checking other fuses, and before you know it all the fuses were pulled out. Now, normally, this wouldn't be a big deal, HOWEVER this fuse box has wires going to I don't even know where, tied into fuses and such. I tried replacing all of them best I could, but not only does the cigarette lighter STILL not work, I now lost power to my interior lights!

I barely have the slightest clue about wiring; I checked to make sure there were no empty spaces, and there aren't. I probably tied in a wire at the wrong spot, but I can't remember which wires went where. There's like 4 of them. This is a disaster.

John... I really need your help on this one, since I have a feeling you might know which wires go where. The car's on the road today (I registered it today) so I should be able to come down on Sunday or Thursday, my next days off. Do you have the time? I'd really appreciate a hand...

I figure now's a GREAT time to run some wires off the main battery line and install an aftermarket fuse block to support whatever new accessories are being fed juice, which is what should have been done in the first place.

Otherwise, driving this car to work in the winter is going to SUCK without a heater or defroster, and no interior lights. T_T

i cant believe you undid all those fuses.those wires wrapped around the fuses are for the keyless entry. now your fucked cause you took them all out and since the keyless entry is tied in the interior lights that why you have no interior lights, you also wont have a radio or the tripminder. why did you take everyone out just replace the one that is needed. i sure as hell do not know where they went the only person who knows where the go now is john sexton he installed it for me and it was working great but now it's useless. also the one wire that had a probe on the end goes into the empty slot as the original wire melted from a higher amp fuse.

your gonna have to john rewire that all now. also when you get all the fuses back in. check the connections on the back of the cig lighter to see if there connected. possible the lighter is toast if the wires and fuses are all hooked up.

1982 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Bill Blass Designer Series 2-Door(Larisa)
                              -Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
                              1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

Long story short, my patience ran out because I already had a pretty long day (was in a car accident in the Tacoma, not my fault but it still sucked) and was cold in the car, and just wanted results.

Well, I'm glad that it was him that did it, and not you - he's a lot closer than you are.

I honestly haven't used the keyless entry system even once yet, so no major loss there. My Tacoma has manual locks, I'm used to that.

I've got enough lights to sort of be street legal, so that's all I care about right now. But yeah, interior lights again would be nice.

At least the fuel gauge still works. 1/2 the time it reads empty, But it read full again fortunately. Westmont, here I come.

Comment

Working...
                                X