Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wiring
    Attached Files
    Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

Originally posted by sxcpotatoes View Post
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]31665[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]31666[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]31667[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]31668[/ATTACH]
      Neighbor's 2-car garage with PIT! We did the upper & lower radiator hoses and the radiator earlier this fall/winter.
      Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

more pix
        Somebody had to break into the car or something, creasing the door/pillar trim. The crease on the trunk arm and the very-mild rust at the trunk lip.

Comment

wiring

This is the one I need the harness(es) for. The green and brown wires have toasted all the way through the plastic wire insulation. There are two Pull-A-Parts up in Cleveland that have recent '91 Panthers in their stock that may yield a good replacemnt harness for my car.

My dad has a butt-scope scheduled 2-25 (Sat.) so I may pull the parts then, unless someone here can score the part(s) for me.

Comment

Somebody had to break into the car or something, creasing the door/pillar trim. The crease on the trunk arm and the very-mild rust at the trunk lip.
            That is what I was thinking. The pillar trim is not something that usually gets banged up like that.
            2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
            2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
            Past Panthers
            1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
            if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

Just turned 86k miles the other day. For 3-4 months there through the winter we could only drive it when it was light out because of the electrical gremlins & no park lights. Finally got them fixed, rears at least, fronts don't work. And somehow the fuel pump runs the rear defrost all the time, so unplugged the defrost & just driving it. 1000 miles isn't bad for 5-6 months of use, and at this rate, this thing is gonna stay low-mileage forever.

Finally got the window motors done and the busted power antenna replaced, but the NOS power antenna off ebay has a female connector, so I need to buy a double male pin adapter to actually hook it up fully. At least now I can drive it with the windows down and use the drive thru if I want when I'm out in it.

Comment

not bad for 800.00 mang yeah glad your taking care of her always sucks to have someone not taking car of their car . I'm like you I don't drive my box that much either. put a new battery in it this spring and new ac check valve that's about it and thermostat.

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
                302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
                k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Now the front swaybar is in, end links as well!
                  Attached Files

Comment

Nice!!! Hmmmmm.......another unintended project. LOL

Packman

Comment

Whoops! I posted this in the wrong thread, actually, I don't have a thread for my silver car with the purple rims, which is what I put the front swaybar on.

I'm thinking of snagging that waggin' front swaybar out of the junkyard if nobody else has gotten to it, but I have to save all my money for getting the silver car back on the road first.

Of course if I finally had the other car on the road and the cash, I could possibly buy the 460 & tranny off of BDWilliams (because it's close enough to go get!) http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...-with-c6-trans & start really modifying this blue car!
                      Last edited by sxcpotatoes; 04-16-2012, 06:18 PM.

Comment

I kind of want to save all the panthers, dammit. My driveway would accomodate 8 panthers (parked close, end to end) and maybe I could put one more in my garage.

Comment

not to discurage a sale, but i can get a 460 and trans cheaper than 500-600
                          89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

Comment

Yeah, I've seen 460s with c6 every once in awhile around $400 on CL locally, BUT you're taking a chance on it being low mileage or the tranny even working, and BDWilliams already had that one apart. Plus it'd be nice to help out a fellow Grandmarq.net member since it sounds like he has to get rid of it, toot sweet.

But I just don't have the extra money at all right now. After I get Tatiana on the road though, I'm gonna start saving like crazy so if and whenever a great deal comes up on anything fun or interesting, I'll be able to drop the cash on it without denting my (currently nonexistant) savings too badly!

Comment

Need to do the dual exhaust swap on this thing, and run no mufflers for added flow. That got me at least 2mpg better in the city, probably more which has saved me hundreds on gas, perfect for a daily. I still need to find some Lincoln logs since I want to keep the stock size pipes for now but for the money I don't think it could have turned out any better.
                              88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
                              Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

I kind of want to save all the panthers, dammit. My driveway would accomodate 8 panthers (parked close, end to end) and maybe I could put one more in my garage.
                                ^^
                                '79 Continental Town Car
                                '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                                '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Working...
                                X