Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tatiana

Time to start a thread!

Bought this low-mileage machine off of 1980c10, have since reassembled the engine, went down and bought a mustang tranny off of Shawn (1980c10) and got a bunch of parts and stuff for it. I'll link the other threads eventually so we have the whole history here in more or less one place. Now pictures!

100_1400 by SexCpotatoes, on Flickr

100_1401 by SexCpotatoes, on Flickr

100_1403 by SexCpotatoes, on Flickr

100_1404 by SexCpotatoes, on Flickr

100_1409 by SexCpotatoes, on Flickr

100_1410 by SexCpotatoes, on Flickr

100_1408 by SexCpotatoes, on Flickr

100_1407 by SexCpotatoes, on Flickr

100_1406 by SexCpotatoes, on Flickr

100_1405 by SexCpotatoes, on Flickr

Start1 by SexCpotatoes, on Flickr
    Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Anyway, the clear on the top, hood, and trunk is going, has a light bit of rust at the rear passenger quarter panel at the bottom. The dome light I bought on here along with the cupholder. The vinyl top needs replaced too. I did the odometer & trip odometer gears and it shows around 63000 miles. I put the front swaybar on and the rear is going on soon, before the tranny goes in and the exhaust gets made. Will update on progress as it happens!
    Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

Sounds like fun. Rust sucks. My car had waaay too much rust, and in spots that a saner person would have called it quits over.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Gonna be a nice project when you get started

Packman

Comment

Get the vinyl roof done to match the wheels. That would look neat.

sigpic
            - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

Here's a link to the sale thread on here: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...home-1-000-OBO & the history of 1980c10 & the car http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...one&highlight=

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarquis View Post
                I hadn't really thought about it that much, but I'm not sure the wheels will stay purple forever... so that's not really in the cards. What I was thinking about doing is having the top of the car painted a different color, like black, or dark grey, or a deep, deep red, but taping off some of the bad clear coat and leaving it unpainted, or re-cleared as RACING STRIPES!

But it's probably just better to get the vinyl done and the top paint fixed so it retains its more or less 'sleeper' status.

Comment

Packman, I hope you were joking when you said when I get started... because I already did plugs, wires, oil, coolant, u/l radiator hoses, new fan, headers, F swaybar, and picked up the transmission, and ordered the 29" long cherry bombs for it!

Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1391.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	1269010Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1392.jpg
Size:	94.3 KB
ID:	1269011Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1397.jpg
Size:	85.9 KB
ID:	1269012Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1394.jpg
Size:	101.4 KB
ID:	1269013Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-03-20-140043.jpg
Size:	37.7 KB
ID:	1269014 Pics of front swaybar, with bushings and end links the other day, header clearance on it without a transmission in it, and you can see where I had to zip tie the oil dipstick out of the way.

Comment

Originally posted by sxcpotatoes View Post
                    Packman, I hope you were joking when you said when I get started... because I already did plugs, wires, oil, coolant, u/l radiator hoses, new fan, headers, F swaybar, and picked up the transmission, and ordered the 29" long cherry bombs for it!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32360[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]32361[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]32362[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]32363[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]32364[/ATTACH] Pics of front swaybar, with bushings and end links the other day, header clearance on it without a transmission in it, and you can see where I had to zip tie the oil dipstick out of the way.

I started out the same way. Believe me when I say "when you get started", because where you're at now, is just the very beginning. At least I thought so too at the beginning. It started out as wheels upgrade and that was going to be it. After I sold my Malibu, I installed the dual exhaust to keep mom happy. Then wagon front swaybar went in around the same time I did a full tune-up. I took the swaybar down to paint it. That's when I decided to paint everything that will be installed on or in the car. Right now I have the front suspension, rear suspension, and what amounts to a rebuilt K-code rear (gutted and mod'd a standard 2.73 open diff) waiting for installation; all of which have poly bushings installed and painted. As you can see, these projects snowball. You're not done yet!

Packman

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarquis View Post
                      Neat is one way to put it. Ugly is another

I am not a fan of the color purple. That movie sucked too.
                      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Cool, good to see the car still around. Purple rims are a hit or miss but I dont mind em.. and I vote for a open header exhaust Vid!!

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                          Neat is one way to put it. Ugly is another

I am not a fan of the color purple. That movie sucked too.

I think the wheels were paying homage to Batman (circa 1989).

Packman

Comment

Purple would be more for the Joker, wouldn't it?

Sent my dad with the cash for a new Battery Tie Down (told him "Group 65 battery") & I'll try to get the tranny dipstick & tube later this week. I also replaced the passenger tail light & housing (was a hole in the lens) with a unit bought off of someone on here & can't find the Private Messages to give them a shoutout here.

The antenna is off of the '88 Country Squire that I junked. I couldn't justify the damn near $300 it would cost for replacing the single exhaust & I saved pretty much all the parts I could. Hopefully someone wants to buy some of my parts eventually!

Chitownvic: I may have to oblige with an open header vid, but only if it's absolutely safe. We'll see!
                            Last edited by sxcpotatoes; 04-18-2012, 11:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sxcpotatoes View Post
                              Chitownvic: I may have to oblige with an open header vid, but only if it's absolutely safe. We'll see!
                              Yea i dont see why not if only for a min or two and bad ass pic of all three cars

Comment

Working...
                              X