My 1998 Grand Marquis LS "White Whale"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 1998 Grand Marquis LS "White Whale"

Sensatrak.....Dual Exhaust....Leather.....90K.....$1500. A car from my mom in Michigan, she was going to trade in and the dealer was going to give her $800.
    Said no Way!
    Hopped a megabus from Chicago to Detroit (there is the passenger side wheel well rusted) Gave me family discount....gave her the cash. Drove 350 miles...tire popped. Put spare tire on it, happened to be a freaking brand new Gooodyear.

Click image for larger version

Name:	whale1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	79.0 KB
ID:	1300896Click image for larger version

Name:	whale2.jpg
Size:	106.2 KB
ID:	1300897Click image for larger version

Name:	Whale3.jpg
Size:	77.9 KB
ID:	1300898Click image for larger version

Name:	Whale4.jpg
Size:	71.2 KB
ID:	1300899Click image for larger version

Name:	Whale5.jpg
Size:	68.3 KB
ID:	1300900
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Grand1; 09-23-2013, 08:33 PM.

1978 Grand Marquis 460 2door "Blue Bomber"

1987 LTD Crown Vic Canadian Tow Package 351w aka the "MI Mountie"

1989 Colony Park ....Marge still lives!

1979 Marquis creamy goodness

I have two boxes, first whale. Brakes are close to shot. Mon put synth oil in from day one. There is the switch for the air shocks in the trunk....anyone know about this...was gonna put some KYBs in....delete, direct swap? Any advise on this thing?
    Last edited by Grand1; 09-23-2013, 08:42 PM.

Comment

I believe that the switch in the trunk for the air suspension NEEDS to be switched OFF before it is lifted on a repair rack. You need to remember to tell any shop that works on it to turn it off. Then don't forget to turn it back on. Looks like a good deal. If it were me I would replace the dog leg that has the rust instead of "fixing" it.

Comment

That car is worth a lot more than $800 bucks!!
        The switch in the trunk is for turning the the air suspension on and off.
        I've got an 02 with air suspension and KYB Gas_A-Just all around, love it!
        Has the plastic intake been swapped out?

Comment

You appear to have the Handling & Performance Package (HPP). Unique shocks, springs, wheels, dual exhaust(20HP). That is the one to have. I am not sure if there are any more features for that package in that year.

The first mod I would suggest after taking care of the safety issues and the intake (if plastic) is a tranny cooler.
          03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
          02 SL500 Silver Arrow
          08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
          12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Do you get snow there? If so, will this be your winter ride?
            '79 Continental Town Car
            '90 Crown Victoria LTD
            '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

[QUOTE=jaywish;704354]You appear to have the Handling & Performance Package (HPP). Unique shocks, springs, wheels, dual exhaust(20HP). That is the one to have. I am not sure if there are any more features for that package in that year.

I've found that on many GM's having the HPP wheels does not always mean you have the HPP package.
              All depending on how the car was ordered the HPP wheels could be a stand alone option.
              But since this car has duals it probably does have the HPP package, which is always nice.

Comment

The auto air ride springs were also part of the HPP package.
                03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
                02 SL500 Silver Arrow
                08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
                12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Oh yes I get snow! ...wil be driving this instead of the boxes I have in the winter
                  Looks like the rims appear to be alminium....suspension isnt bad at all....jut leave it?

Comment

Working...
                  X