No announcement yet.

1990 CVPI 5.8L Work In Progress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've got the full wheel covers on my '90 CV. Never lost any but have a full set of spares just in case.
    '79 Continental Town Car
    '90 Crown Victoria LTD
    '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

I had the full wheelcovers on the 90 & 96. Nice looking however I did lose a couple. Switched to the poverty caps on both cars. In my opinion they look much better and I have not lost any. I used to collect hubcaps and wheelcovers It was amazing how many CV wheelcovers I had.

Comment

Very curious indeed. The way the wheel cover's "teeth" dig-in and "bite" the inside of the steel wheel you'd think no way they could come off. I also have a full set of new full covers "in the plastic" earmarked for the "one" I fully resto. I did find plenty of the "red inserted" full covers that were beat up and dinged up (from racing the car lol) when I was buying the 86 and 87 CVPIs. Biggest complaint I have with the 88 up full cover is they're a PITA to clean if you let the brake dust build up in the holes. With over 500K miles driven, and many years of ownership, I guess I just lucky like that!

Comment

Originally posted by Mainemantom View Post
          I used to collect hubcaps and wheelcovers. It was amazing how many CV wheelcovers I had.
          Sold some on e-bay?
          '79 Continental Town Car
          '90 Crown Victoria LTD
          '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Actually I've never bought or sold anything on ebay. I was referring to the hubcaps I bought on the used HP and ALE cars I'd bought from the state. You could tell they'd chased them down and hammered them back on a few times.

Comment

Originally posted by 79lincolnlover View Post
              Sold some on e-bay?
              Yes I did sell many on Ebay. When I moved I had to GIVE away 400 hubcaps/wheelcovers to someone I know. He got them all plus the black widow spiders.

Comment

That's a lot of hubcaps! Any maybe a lot of spiders! I had a buddy who worked for the state and mowed the right-of-ways. He had quite the collection as well. Like most collectables, they're only worth what someone will pay for them. Once the popularity window passes you by, then your stuck with them. In the 80s and 90s "wheels" especially aftermarket wheels became very popular. Most hubcap applications got cheaper and cheaper (most of them ABS plastic). I bought a ton of 15" Ford T-Bird wheels and Taurus wheels. Now they're worth mostly scrap prices even though they're brand new. The 5 on 4.25" pattern was not terribly popular with anyone but Ford.

Comment

Working...
                X