No announcement yet.

Just picked up a 1988 Colony Park

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Found some more things while changing the oil... the drivers side front brake rotor is toast, has a huge divet in the center from the pad or something else scoring it. Also the driver's side swaybar mount is just plain M.I.A. this also bent up the passengers side one so both will have to be replaced. After changing the oil with some 20w50 and marvel mystery no more blue smoke. Now I need to check the timing but the pointer is M.I.A. as well...
    1989 Lincoln Town Car - "Anabelle" - Original block, .030 over with SpeedPro pistons, rods fitted with ARP hardware, FRPP +volume oil pump, GT-40 3bar heads, Crane 1.72 rockers, 89' Fox cam, 93' Cobra lower intake, Explorer upper and 65mm TB, 93' Lightning EGR spacer, K&N intake kit from a 4.0L Ranger, 19lb/hr injectors w/ 87 Mark VII ECM, cat/smog deletes, Big Brake conversion, 3.55 K-Code Trac-Lok/Disc brake rear axle, CVPI LCA's w/1" sway bar in rear, wagon front sway bar, BBK 2.5" off-road H-Pipe, Flowmaster super 40s, HPP wheels, 3G alternator w/LMR.com wiring kit, gear reduction starter conversion, Best 1/4 time: 16.0 @ 85mph.

Comment

Some more pics, I am growing more and more in love with this wagon the more I drive her. Fixed a couple things today:
      1) driver's door plunger switch
      2) hood bushings
      3) replaced driver's rearview mirror glass
      3) adjusted TPS
      4) replaced IACV valve
      5) got a timing pointer and installed it, timed to 10* BTDC

she runs a lot better now, next up tomorrow is spark plugs and fixing the passenger's door handle and sway bar bushings. Then a front brake job is in order Tuesday or Wednesday if I have time after work.

1989 Lincoln Town Car - "Anabelle" - Original block, .030 over with SpeedPro pistons, rods fitted with ARP hardware, FRPP +volume oil pump, GT-40 3bar heads, Crane 1.72 rockers, 89' Fox cam, 93' Cobra lower intake, Explorer upper and 65mm TB, 93' Lightning EGR spacer, K&N intake kit from a 4.0L Ranger, 19lb/hr injectors w/ 87 Mark VII ECM, cat/smog deletes, Big Brake conversion, 3.55 K-Code Trac-Lok/Disc brake rear axle, CVPI LCA's w/1" sway bar in rear, wagon front sway bar, BBK 2.5" off-road H-Pipe, Flowmaster super 40s, HPP wheels, 3G alternator w/LMR.com wiring kit, gear reduction starter conversion, Best 1/4 time: 16.0 @ 85mph.

Comment

Looks good. There isn't much you cant love about or... in a wagon! Get what I'm sayin brotha? I know about this

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
        1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
        1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
        2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
        2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Good looking car! Really like the color.

Is that....grass I see? Haven't seen grass around here in ages. Beginning to forget what it looks like.

Comment

It is grass! OMG... it looks so perdy lol

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
            1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
            1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
            2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
            2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Nice!
              ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
              My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
              My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
              But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
              my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Wagon looks nice. I think Florida and apparently NC are the only states where you see grass. I am sure if I dig enough, I'll find it. LOL

Packman

Comment

I wish I could find a wagon like this!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

Did a tune up yesterday, new Motorcraft spark plugs and Autolite Professional wires. Also fixed the spaghetti-mess of wires and vacuum lines under the hood so it's a bit more manageable... Also found some 1 3/16" sway bar bushings and installed them with new brackets and did a coolant flush. Still have a pretty good oil leak from somewhere on the drivers front side of the block and also a PS fluid leak. It's hard to tell where they are exactly because of the amount of fluid and muck under there. She runs AWESOME now though, zero hesitation under load going up hills in OD, just smooth V8 power!

Comment

Time to "power clean" the engine and then it might be easier to find the leaks??

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

Working...
                      X