X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sweet!
    Congratulations.
    Are you staying in Aviation?

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

Originally posted by friskyfrankie View Post
      What are your degrees in?
      Bachelors in Industrial Engineering, minor in manufacturing

Masters in Industrial Engineering

-ryan s.
      08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
      03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
      97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
      94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
      73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
      12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
      Originally posted by pantera77
      Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Originally posted by mitymerc View Post
        Sweet!
        Congratulations.
        Are you staying in Aviation?
        Partially. Well yes. Aerospace, and actual space, lol.

-ryan s.
        03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
        97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--

Comment

VERY COOL and best of luck! My major was in Petroleum Engineering with a minor in Computer Science (back when dinosaurs roamed the Earth!).
          What I Own: 1993 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
          What I Help Maintain: 1996 CV / 1988 CV / 1988 Tempo

Comment

Nice Ryan. Good to hear everything is going well. Good luck with the reinstated DD.
            ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
            My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
            My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
            But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
            my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

So, being new in the field, does that make you a Space Cadet?

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

That gave me a good laugh.
                ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

beater gonna beat

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                  rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                  ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                  Originally posted by dmccaig
                  Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Major Tom? Is that you?

-ryan s.
                    03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

Ground Control

Comment

Went to do O2 sensors and noticed that the right front tire had cord hanging through on the inside. Ugh.
                        Two new tires on the front and we're back in business.
                        Also fixed my speakers. I wasn't getting anything out of the left front speaker (which was driving me crazy). Pulled the head unit out, looked around, everything's fine. Shot resistance through the harness from the head unit and every speaker except the front left had resistance. Pulled the door panel and the speaker wasn't hooked up. Well, technically, the connector corroded apart, so there's that. I cut the connector off and soldered the speaker wire directly to the speaker. Check.

Next is right front window regulator, and blower motor resistor plug. I only have high fan, nothing else. I'm assuming it's BBQ'd.

-ryan s.
                        03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

Aftermarket head unit died. I got no more noise. Replaced it with a head unit my wife bought like 20 years ago for her car, and it has Bluetooth!!! So the new-to-me Pioneer went in and it's been great since. I also fixed the front passenger window regulator so all the windows work now! It's due for an oil change, so that'll be done shortly.
                          Going to change out the idler arm for the steering. It feels a bit sloppy and hangs up a bit, and I know it shouldn't ne the tie rods or ball joints since they're all new. If not that, then the pitman arm.

Gotta drop the air ride sensor to lower the back end a little. I don't like the wheel gap.

-ryan s.
                          03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

Funny how having all the windows working on these feels like a milestone.
                            03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
                            02 SL500 Silver Arrow
                            08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
                            12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Changed the oil and put the new idler arm on. Went for a test drive, and wow, the steering feels great again!
                              However, on the test drive at dusk, a momma deer and kiddo were crossing the road. I honked and slammed on the brakes; and my brake pedal went to the firewall.
                              Through some evasive maneuvering, I did not hit them or end up in a ditch. Win. Blew RF brake line and sprayed it all over the exhaust. I'm super glad the car wasn't operating long or else it could have been a very not good time.
                              Car is up on jack stands awaiting bleed and repair of the cruise control harness. I need to have the cruise up and running because it's only a matter of time before I get a ticket in it. It loves to sit at 70-80mph.

-ryan s.
                              03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

SAFE!
                                Glad there was no amber colored plasma after that brake line blew. Yikes.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                                ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                                Originally posted by dmccaig
                                Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
                                X