• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gadget73
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SVT98t
    replied
    Parking brake is fixed. Officially. The lever arm where the cable is connected was seized. All good.
    Started adding my LED trunk light while I was waiting on the PB Blaster to do it's thing.
    Next is to flip the car around and adjust that MLPS, and probably get it legalized over the weekend.

-ryan s.

Leave a comment:

• SVT98t
    replied
    Struts. Shocks. Whatever.

MFS is in. Problem solved.
    Reverse lights are intermittent. Gonna adjust the lever arm.
    Going to fix the right parking brake either tonight or tomorrow.
    Then we're looking good.

-ryan s.

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• gadget73
    replied
    if you find a place to install struts, let me know. I'm curious how that comes out.

screw bad ball joints though. I've seen multiple neglected panthers with blown lowers on the side of the road. Looks funny, but I imagine it sucks ass if you're driving the car when it happens.

Leave a comment:

• SVT98t
    replied
    New MFS came in. I ordered a black one instead of the chrome one. Just my personal preference. I should be able to get to that either tonight or this weekend.
    Then to futz with the MLPS and stuff.
    I think I might just go ahead and do the ball joints and struts. F it. Might as well.

-ryan s.

Leave a comment:

• sly
    replied
    +1 check fuses and bulbs first check if you're getting voltage at the bulb sockets. Then check the MLPS for voltage pass-through. Then it's wire hunting time IIRC.

Leave a comment:

• SVT98t
    replied
    So,
    I had an issue with the speedometer: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...399#post811399

That has been fixed. I took it in for inspection, and the guys at Goodyear were super cool. They complemented me on the car, because it was so clean (as in lack of rust). It failed safety and emissions again, however, I'm not upset at all. It needs a MFS, right parking brake is being shitty, and the reverse lights don't work. Also, 3 monitors aren't ready for emissions however, I can pass with only 2 monitors not being ready.
    They recommended upper and lower ball joints. I was going to get to that before the end or summer, or at least wait until it was warmer out. And I was going to put my lowering springs in and new struts because, after 21 years, why not.
    They recommended a bunch of stuff, but that it was still good. And everything they recommended, I knew was going to need replacing soon.
    So, a new Multi-Function Switch should be delivered tomorrow. I need time to F with the right rear parking brake, and then I have to troubleshoot the reverse lights. Alignment for the shift cable? Bad MLPS? I have a spare MLPS I might daisy chain to see if it does work or not to try and isolate the issue.
    Knowing my luck, it's probably another fuse.

-ryan s.

Leave a comment:

• SVT98t
    replied
    Test drove this afternoon. Mang, I forgot how much this thing pulls. Or I'm just used to driving a 3 ton brick.
    Either way, I need to fix the parking cable, and get it aligned. Because it is very not aligned. That's ok though.
    Also thinking about getting it tuned by Marty, so I can use my CVPI Zip Tube and 80mm MAF with it. Soon.
    I forgot what it was like driving that low to the ground.

-ryan s.

Leave a comment:

• SVT98t
    replied
    The LCM has been acquired and in on the way shortly. Working in the garage tonight. Trying to get it all buttoned up and on the road next week.
    That will be a huge victory for me.

-ryan s.

Leave a comment:

• SVT98t
    replied
    Since I had the parts on hands, I replaced the passenger side tie rods. Just like the driver's side, all new inner, outer and sleeve, well, because RockAuto.
    It will need an alignment when I get it back on the road.
    Now I just need my lifters and a LCM, and I should be good.
    Maybe.

-ryan s.

Leave a comment:

• SVT98t
    replied
    I soldered two external relays.
    I may not have been the best at it.....
    Soldering on circuit boards in not my forte....

-ryan s.

Leave a comment:

• sly
    replied
    Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
    rebuild it with an external relay to eliminate that crap.
    This. If everything works but the headlights won't switch off, you might be able to just remove the relay that's in there and replace it with an external relay. BTDT. Also, it may just be the switch. I've never heard of the LCM failing ON. They usually fail OFF. The switch in the dash is known to fail ON IIRC.

Leave a comment:

• gadget73
    replied
    rebuild it with an external relay to eliminate that crap.

Leave a comment:

• SVT98t
    replied
    The LCM is toast. I installed it and the head lights now stay on, regardless of the switch position. So I need a new one.
    Still have to do the right front tie rods. Maybe tonight...
    I noticed some bad clacking from my passenger valve cover, and it appears that some lifters are shit. So, I'm repaying those.
    It felt good to finally get back out into the garage.

-Ryan s.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• SVT98t
    replied
    Well, I might be able to get it in the garage tonight. At least I can finish up a few things, like the right side tie rods. I also need to fix the parking brake cable. And install the fixed LCM.
    Maybe I can get it back on the road soon...

-ryan s.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X