Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sly
    replied
    Seems to be epidemic with car parts though. Almost nothing is packaged well.

Leave a comment:

• 87gtVIC
    replied
    My mother had purchased two porcelain cookie jars. Seller put them both in a cardboard box with one sheet of paper between the two. Needless to say they did not make it. People just dont care or are two ignorant to realize that it wont suffice.

Leave a comment:

• mitymerc
    replied
    Been away for work. The 2nd tank was also damaged, 2 dents, seam does not seem to be compromised on this one. The packaging is almost nonexistant, very thin box, no material other than a few pieces of cut up box on the ends...

Leave a comment:

• mitymerc
    replied
    Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
    If you want to paint something, paint up inside the car where the tank sits.
    There is minor surface rust up there, ordered some Eastwood stuff...

Leave a comment:

• gadget73
    replied
    even the stock tanks tend to take a good while to rust. The galvanized coating makes them difficult to paint anyway. I'd leave it. If you want to paint something, paint up inside the car where the tank sits.

Leave a comment:

• Tiggie
    replied
    The sticky stuff seems to be good at keeping moisture out. My new tank has been on for several years and looks like new. No salt exposure though.

Leave a comment:

• mitymerc
    replied
    Pondering weather to paint the new gas tank or not. It is coated with invisible sticky stuff that would need to be removed first.
    Was thinking self etch primer & Rusteoleum, or maybe bed liner?

Leave a comment:

• mitymerc
    replied
    Exhaust is BBK shorties into stainless Pypes carted X pypes to locally bent steel tails.
    Repainting tails, Rustoleum engine primer. Will be painted w/Rustoleum Engine Aluminum.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20190714_150140.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	79.7 KB
ID:	1285577

Name:	20190714_150126.jpg
Size:	81.8 KB
ID:	1285578

Leave a comment:

• mitymerc
    replied
    Ordering some Eastwood stuff to address a few issues on the yellow, white, black and blue cars....

Leave a comment:

• mitymerc
    replied
    The new tank arrived. The seam on one side and all corners were bent.
    They are shipping a new one.
    No replacement level senders available anywhere.
    Sent it out to be refurbed.

Leave a comment:

• packman
    replied
    Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
    mostly the misery part is the short studs. If you can get them to back out some it helps, or just sub them for threaded rod will make your life easier. Apparently the stock fasteners were a snap-off design, which is why they're just barely long enough to hold it when tight and an absolute bear to get back together.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^Yes, that is what I had to do. SPent a lot of time attempting to get the new tank on the oem studs. Gave up and got threaded rod^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Leave a comment:

• mitymerc
    replied
    Originally posted by Tiggie View Post
    Float or fuel level sensor unit?

Floats are easy, shared among lots of Ford stuff from 60’s-80’s: https://www.amazon.com/Brass-Ford-Fu.../dp/B01GFDB428

The fuel level sensor is unabtanium. But you can probably fix yours. Or at least use sedan parts to fix yours. Here’s a write up I did: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...ght=Resistance
    Thanks I'll check it out.

Name:	20190709_213949.jpg
Size:	72.6 KB
ID:	1285559

The meter shows infinity...

Leave a comment:

• Tiggie
    replied
    Float or fuel level sensor unit?

Floats are easy, shared among lots of Ford stuff from 60’s-80’s: https://www.amazon.com/Brass-Ford-Fu.../dp/B01GFDB428

The fuel level sensor is unabtanium. But you can probably fix yours. Or at least use sedan parts to fix yours. Here’s a write up I did: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...ght=Resistance

Leave a comment:

• mitymerc
    replied
    I wonder if the 89-91 type will fit.

Leave a comment:

• mitymerc
    replied
    Gotcha. 1 came out as a bolt. The other is still Studley like.
    Did not touch it today, worked on getting the tree out. I will need a new fuel float assy. Any idea where to get one? Green doesn't have it...
    Did not get the pump out yet, I am expecting another rusted out horror show.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X