X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mercurygm88
    replied
    Originally posted by Mainemantom View Post
    Your Lincoln interior is very sharp. I like the wood looking inserts in the door panels. Leather is in great shape.
    Thanks Tom. I really like it too, I'm going to have a hard time getting through the winter without it. It won't be long now until I have to put it in the garage.

Leave a comment:

• Mainemantom
    replied
    Your Lincoln interior is very sharp. I like the wood looking inserts in the door panels. Leather is in great shape.

Leave a comment:

• mercurygm88
    replied
    I was out in the garage this evening conditioning leather and giving the vinyl top and dash their 303 treatments so I took this quick interior video. It’s not perfect but it’s pretty good.

The drivers armrest isn’t cracked at all, the only dash pad issued are minor cracking in the speaker grills, and the glove box is just starting to sag. I’ve decided I don’t really care about the missing headliner it’s not like I drive around staring at the ceiling.

Leave a comment:

• mercurygm88
    replied
    I figured the ash tray lights out, I didn’t know the headlights had to be on.

Leave a comment:

• mercurygm88
    replied
    Update: The visor lights are working it was just a bad connection in the switch. I’m still trying to figure out the ashtray lights. I haven’t actually pulled one out yet

Leave a comment:

• mercurygm88
    replied
    Here's another question on lights while I'm at it. I just realized that there is a bulb to illuminate the door ash trays. Is that somehow activated by the lid of the ash tray or do I need to turn the interior lights on from the headlight switch to get those to light up?

Leave a comment:

• mercurygm88
    replied
    I popped the lenses off today on the passenger visor. The bottom bulb on both sides was burnt out, I replaced them with new 168 bulbs and they still don't light up. Only the top two bulbs illuminate. I'm guessing the contacts in the switch are dirty. That's a project for another day.

Leave a comment:

• mercurygm88
    replied
    Originally posted by Lutrova View Post
    That's how it is in my Town Car. It seems there are at least two styles for the visor lights. Mine has two lights per side, low and high. The owner's manual lists them all as 168's. Not sure which years got which visor, but removing the plastic cover isn't too tricky. You just have to be gentle with it.
    Thanks I'll check that out when I get around to it. It's been chilly and rainy here the past few days so the Mark VI has been hiding in the garage.

Leave a comment:

• Lutrova
    replied
    Originally posted by mercurygm88 View Post
    ...I thought maybe there were two bulbs in each side a dim and a bright....
    That's how it is in my Town Car. It seems there are at least two styles for the visor lights. Mine has two lights per side, low and high. The owner's manual lists them all as 168's. Not sure which years got which visor, but removing the plastic cover isn't too tricky. You just have to be gentle with it.

Leave a comment:

• DerekTheGreat
    replied
    Originally posted by mercurygm88 View Post
    ...Maybe the switch isn’t making contact in the high position?
    That's my guess, that there is just a resistor and the switch isn't taking it out of the equation.

Leave a comment:

• mercurygm88
    replied
    Originally posted by Mainemantom View Post
    If the visor lights in question are on the Lincoln, yes there are two bulbs. One on each side of each visor. There is a notch on the end of the lens. Using a screwdriver, gently pop it up and off. The bulb number should be in the owner manual. The bulb is a long one. I would put up with just the low setting. In my opinion, not worth the trouble to go further.
    I’ll probably take a look at it anyway, both the left and right bulbs are working. I thought maybe there were two bulbs in each side a dim and a bright. But I guess it’s just one bulb and the switch varies the power to the bulb?

Maybe the switch isn’t making contact in the high position?

Leave a comment:

• Mainemantom
    replied
    If the visor lights in question are on the Lincoln, yes there are two bulbs. One on each side of each visor. There is a notch on the end of the lens. Using a screwdriver, gently pop it up and off. The bulb number should be in the owner manual. The bulb is a long one. I would put up with just the low setting. In my opinion, not worth the trouble to go further.
    Last edited by Mainemantom; 09-23-2021, 12:09 AM.

Leave a comment:

• mercurygm88
    replied
    Anybody here ever mess with the lights in the sun visors? The one on the passenger side doesn't do anything when you move the switch to the high setting, it just stays on low. Are there two little bulbs in there? Can you even get replacement bulbs that small? Also how do you get the lenses off without destroying them? It's not a huge deal but if I can get it working I'd like to.

Leave a comment:

• DerekTheGreat
    replied
    Yeah me too, that's when Cadillac finally matched Ford by putting a proper EFI engine in them and digi dash & climate control. Although I do wish they kept the glass headlights. I'd have to retrofit an earlier nose onto one if I got one. I like the simplicity of GM TBI.

THe LT1 Cadillacs aren't bad either, that optifail ignition gets a bad rap, but deal with it and it's fine. I don't think the later cars suffer the same fate as the earlier ones either. If I went the later route, I'd miss my opera lamps.

Leave a comment:

• mercurygm88
    replied
    Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
    I believe Mr. Sexy Spuds bought the sly one's Mark VI.. I have never seen a Mark VI in person. I wouldn't mind owning a two door. Although I think it's time for me to move on to a 1990 Town Car or a 1991-1992 Cadillac Brougham d'Elegance or 1995-1996 Mark VIII or a 1990-1992 Mark VII or 1995 or 1996 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham, the LT1 powered variant.

Marti Reports are things you can get for Ford vehicles. Kevin Marti may do other makes but from what I remember reading, he is a Ford nut. You give him some basic info and he'll whip up some factoids about your car for you:

https://www.martiauto.com/martireports.cfm
    I didn't realize that was the same Mark VI, but at one time I probably knew it. I also really like the early 90's Brougham's and the Fleetwood's your talking about. The last couple of times I've seen nice ones though they sold for stupid money. Like $7500-$10,000 stupid.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X